Dareus is back

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could easily tell by watching the video that Watt was gonna be excellent.

That 2011 NFL draft might go down as one of the greatest drafts ever and also one of the greatest defensive line drafts ever.

Dareus, Aldon Smith, Watt, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, Adrian Clayborn, Cam Jordan, Wilkerson, Cam Heyward, Nick Fairley, Liuget, Phil Taylor… all were first rounders.

And many awesome D-linemen went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well.

That would have been a good year to try and trade down but it was at a time when Buddy was totally against the idea.

Hey this is a bash Dareus thread not bash Buddy thread

• 2 weeks later...

Dareus is going to be our Big NT smashing the middle of the line up. The QB won't be able to climb the pocket and will be crushed trying to get to the outside.

I don't see huge stats from him but I see huge productivity this year. He will be our biggest difference maker this year on defense.

Edited by EJ3

Dareus is going to be our Big NT smashing the middle of the line up. The QB won't be able to climb the pocket and will be crushed trying to get to the outside.

I don't see huge stats from him but I see huge productivity this year. He will be our biggest difference maker this year on defense.

I dont think he will friend, i suspect that Branch or my Underdog Troup will be that guy.

But i love your enthusiasm for the kid. He can play the nose guard if the need arises in between subs as can Kyle. just not their strength. They both penetrate and disrupt. { geez i love those words together }.

But you are right there will be no pocket to climb and the step into. Thats something Bills are pretty good at already

I dont think he will friend, i suspect that Branch or my Underdog Troup will be that guy.

But i love your enthusiasm for the kid. He can play the nose guard if the need arises in between subs as can Kyle. just not their strength. They both penetrate and disrupt. { geez i love those words together }.

But you are right there will be no pocket to climb and the step into. Thats something Bills are pretty good at already

i am hoping that he can find a comfort zone at one or more of those spots along the d-line and wreak havoc. he strikes me as a good kid that has dealt with more than his fair share of bad breaks, and if his support group gets him back to where he needs to be mentally, the sky's the limit as far as what he can do physically.

Looks as if Branch will be playing DE in the 3-4. Of course that has a chance to change, but I think dareus will be fine in the middle and branch will be a nice addition on the end.

Looks as if Branch will be playing DE in the 3-4. Of course that has a chance to change, but I think dareus will be fine in the middle and branch will be a nice addition on the end.

Thats what i recently read too but i have my suspicions because of his size and exp. Pettine could pull anything out of his hat though and flip them from play to play

Dareus as someone pointed out needs focus and yes get in shape. He looked gased out there at times last year. With the discipline your hearing out of one bills drive in Marrone, I'm guessing they will not allow Dareus to come in 25 lbs. overweight.

I'd love to see him by September be in that 315-320 range and lean.

Dareus as someone pointed out needs focus and yes get in shape. He looked gased out there at times last year. With the discipline your hearing out of one bills drive in Marrone, I'm guessing they will not allow Dareus to come in 25 lbs. overweight.

Or at least down to his listed playing weight of 331...I'm told he never approached it the last 2 seasons.

SO... let me get this strait. We drafted a player, and in his first 2 seasons had to learn different schemes. In this first season he didn't have the teams best lineman lining up next to him as was intended and in the second season, our D might as well have been run by a high school football coach. He still manages to get 10 sacks ( i'm pretty sure he's around there) and he's a bust? Or rather not living up to his potential?

Just because you draft someone in the top 10, doesn't mean they are going to be some record breaking star. The lose of family members is also something everyone takes differently. Some players rise above it, some sink. It's his third year, with what might be a real DC. Lets see how this year goes. If he goes his entire career here averaging 5 sacks..... I'd be fine with it, considering this is.... you know.... the Bills..... it wouldn't be that bad. Hell of a lot better than Maybin.......

SO... let me get this strait. We drafted a player, and in his first 2 seasons had to learn different schemes. In this first season he didn't have the teams best lineman lining up next to him as was intended and in the second season, our D might as well have been run by a high school football coach. He still manages to get 10 sacks ( i'm pretty sure he's around there) and he's a bust? Or rather not living up to his potential?

Just because you draft someone in the top 10, doesn't mean they are going to be some record breaking star. The lose of family members is also something everyone takes differently. Some players rise above it, some sink. It's his third year, with what might be a real DC. Lets see how this year goes. If he goes his entire career here averaging 5 sacks..... I'd be fine with it, considering this is.... you know.... the Bills..... it wouldn't be that bad. Hell of a lot better than Maybin.......

I missed who called him a bust in this thread...

You have no proof of any of this. If Dareus wasn't in shape he wouldn't be working with the first team. He has been able to keep up with all OTAs and mini camp. So until you have proof of coaches saying something you are wrong.

You have no proof of any of this. If Dareus wasn't in shape he wouldn't be working with the first team. He has been able to keep up with all OTAs and mini camp. So until you have proof of coaches saying something you are wrong.

You're not going to find a published quote; you can choose to believe it or not to, but I can tell you with a degree of confidence that Dareus has not sniffed his NFL Combine weight of 318 lbs since the day he was drafted. He reported as a rookie at 343 lbs post-lockout, and was more than his listed playing weight of 331 lbs last year. For a guy that wowed everyone in college playing at 320, that's not good.

You're not going to find a published quote; you can choose to believe it or not to, but I can tell you with a degree of confidence that Dareus has not sniffed his NFL Combine weight of 318 lbs since the day he was drafted. He reported as a rookie at 343 lbs post-lockout, and was more than his listed playing weight of 331 lbs last year. For a guy that wowed everyone in college playing at 320, that's not good.

Sorry I can't believe opinion. The simple fact that he has been running with the ones this whole time, with this coaching staff they would not have let him do that if he wasn't in shape for the position he was playing.

Edited by EJ3

I missed who called him a bust in this thread...

Well page 2 Badolbeelz implies it and I agreed. Seriously, maybe not bust status (yet), but no one on this board can be happy with his performance to date, especially when you see the impact of other players from that year draft