Interesting comment by Brian Moorman about the past Bills

He was part of the problem, lest he forget...

Haters gonna hate...when a top 16 punter is 'part of the problem,' maybe SDS should just shut this place down until training camp.

Edited by Lurker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell were you during those years that he was on the team?

It could easily have been argued that he was the team MVP for at least a couple of seasons. As well, some of the most exciting offensive plays where he'd run the ball were punt fakes.

What, you became a fan last week or something.

Seriously, anyone that would criticize Moorman hasn't seen him play. Anyone that hasn't seen him play hasn't seen the team play.

You don't listen very well. Probably because you've spent way too much time falling in love with a punter.

I never said he wasn't good or that he never did anything. I just think if you're a punter and can't do very much about the effectual "culture" of a team because a punter is so seperated from it, than you should shut your mouth. In other words I think it's BS to give your opinion about culture on a football team when you're a punter.

Maybe he spoke the truth. If guys were satisfied with 8-8, and the team only hit that magic mark one time, he wasn't throwing a soul under the bus. Moorman was one of the best players on the team since over the past decade and a leader. He spoke the truth. We all would have been satisfied with 8-8.

My guess is that nobody on those teams was satisfied with anything. They played hard and as far as him being one of the best players, that may be your opinion, but that doesn't make it fact. He repeatedly kicked the ball out of the end zone from close in and could not kick it out of bounds inside the ten to save his life. He was one of the reasons the team didn't win and complaining about that after the fact is an insult to his team mates. There was absolutely zero to be gained by making that statement. Sounds like sour grapes from a guy that got cut to me.

Haters gonna hate...when a top 16 punter is 'part of the problem,' maybe SDS should just shut this place down until training camp.

Moorman was ranked 22 or 23 last year depending on the system used. Here are some observations that I found to be spot on.

Inside the 20

Just 20 of his 72 punts landed inside the red zone.

Inside the 10

Tied for third worst with just four punts landing inside the 10-yard line.

Maybe you believe that 22 or 23 out of 32 makes for a good punter, but not me. Moorman was definitely part of the problem.

I know two thirds of the people in this thread thinks he is talking about the bills, but like others have said, he is talking about the cowboys. I think it is odd he didn't mention the bills. I don't think the bills ever "accepted" losing, but they just kept giving bad results because they just sucked and made mistakes. but I truly believe that they wanted to win very much the past few years.

No, he was taking about both the Cowboys and Bills. The "I've come from a team" was the Cowboys while the "and played for a long time..." was the Bills. But the implication that the Bills weren't upset with with poor seasons is a crock. And Moorman might find out the Steelers aren't much better than 8-8 this coming season, despite how upset it might make them.

No, he was taking about both the Cowboys and Bills. The "I've come from a team" was the Cowboys while the "and played for a long time..." was the Bills. But the implication that the Bills weren't upset with with poor seasons is a crock. And Moorman might find out the Steelers aren't much better than 8-8 this coming season, despite how upset it might make them.

And of course that's assuming he even makes the team, which isn't exactly anywhere near a guarantee.

Edited by biglukes

Maybe you believe that 22 or 23 out of 32 makes for a good punter, but not me. Moorman was definitely part of the problem.

You realize you're talking about the 31st ranked punter in NFL history in terms of career punting average (44.0 YPP) and number 25 in total punting yardage?

http://www.pro-footb.../M/MoorBr24.htm

No, I didn't think so...

(Anyway, if he's talking about his collective time in Buffalo, why the hell are you citing stats from last year?? The other 11 years are just as relevant)

Edited by Lurker

You realize you're talking about the 31st ranked punter in NFL history in terms of career punting average (44.0 YPP) and number 25 in total punting yardage?

http://www.pro-footb.../M/MoorBr24.htm

No, I didn't think so...

(Anyway, if he's taking about his collective time in Buffalo, why the hell are you citing stats from last year?? The other 11 years are just as relevant)

Total career punting yardage does not make for a great punter. Many times Moorman outkicked his coverage which makes for great individual stats, but puts his team at a disadvantage. I watched every game that Moorman played and I stick by my opinion of him. He would not know how to directionally punt or drop one inside the 10 if his life depended on it. He should have been cut at least three years before he actually was.

I watched every game that Moorman played and I stick by my opinion of him.

I did as well.

Funny how the Bills had among the top ranked special teams units in the NFL during many of those years (#1 in 2004, 2005, and 2008, #3 in 2009) if he was putting his team at such a disadvantage...

He was also the best player on the team for about six years. Hell, he was the best QUARTERBACK on the team for four of them.

Amazing to me that people bought his jersey. No one wants to see the punter.

Amazing to me that people bought his jersey. No one wants to see the punter.

I wanted to see the punter some games. "C'mon...let's go three-and-out, so we can get Moorman to convert the first down!"

Seriously...it was not infrequent that I'd look forward to Moorman coming on the field, because maybe THEN something might happen. (This, of course, would primarily be in the Jauron era).

I did as well.

Funny how the Bills had among the top ranked special teams units in the NFL during many of those years (#1 in 2004, 2005, and 2008, #3 in 2009)if he was putting his team at such a disadvantage...

Having good special teams is not a reflection solely on the punter. We obviously disagree about Moorman, but that's okay, that's what discussion boards are all about. Nothing personal, but I was glad to see him go.

unless the Steelers go back to winning next year, and we are two years off from another coaching swap. I understand you may feel slighted, but he was honest, and most fans agree with him.

Revealing? I think even coming from the locker room last year team effort was in question. So to think that millionaire athletes cant become complacent is unrealistic.

He wasn't being honest he was sucking up to the Pittsburgh media and fans while trying out for the team. Just trying to get fans on his side.

No NFL player is happy missing the playoffs and 8-8 steams more than 2-14.

If this is true why didn't he voice his opinion while it was occurring? Why didn't he speak about this to the media then? Why wouldn't he bring it up in an attempt to embarrass people if it bothered him?

Moorman was not part of the losing tradition in Buffalo. If the 52 others on the teams he was on played to his level the Bills would have been contenders for much of his career here. The Bills moved on and so did he I wish him well. Let's not be small town about this.

Moorman was not part of the losing tradition in Buffalo. If the 52 others on the teams he was on played to his level the Bills would have been contenders for much of his career here. The Bills moved on and so did he I wish him well. Let's not be small town about this.

What if we had 52 players that practiced, studied, and worked out at his level?