The Bills cuts this year will be coveted

More than any other year, I see teams watching the Bills cuts with a very keen eye. I see several positions that would be of interest to other teams such as DT, CB, WR, S. I think we're going to have to let some guys go that can play in this league. What say you?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than any other year, I see teams watching the Bills cuts with a very keen eye. I see several positions that would be of interest to other teams such as DT, CB, WR, S. I think we're going to have to let some guys go that can play in this league. What say you?

Relax, this is still a bottom 5/6 team in the NFL. Which "established" player is going to get cut? If you can't make it on a bad team, the odds are not alot of good teams will be looking for you. Unless they cut Kolb, which is doubtful, maybe Lindell, but he would be a mid season injury replacement if anything. This team still isn't forcasted to be a very good team (3rd worst playoff odds in Vegas of the whole NFL), they won't be cutting too many "good" players.

Relax, this is still a bottom 5/6 team in the NFL. Which "established" player is going to get cut? If you can't make it on a bad team, the odds are not alot of good teams will be looking for you. Unless they cut Kolb, which is doubtful, maybe Lindell, but he would be a mid season injury replacement if anything. This team still isn't forcasted to be a very good team (3rd worst playoff odds in Vegas of the whole NFL), they won't be cutting too many "good" players.

LOL. Delusions of grandeur. This team is unproven until they hit the Field against REAL Talent. Week 1 will be a BIG Reality Check!

Edited by mattsox

LOL. Delusions of grandeur. This team is unproven until they hit the Field against REAL Talent. Week 1 will be a BIG Reality Check!

Exactly, reminds me of 12 months ago when so many people on here were talking playoffs after Mario signed here?

Exactly, reminds me of 12 months ago when so many people on here were talking playoffs after Mario signed here?

If anyone says there are no signs of optimism over the hype from last year, you're smoking crack. This isn't last year, but in a lot of ways I am MORE excited about this year. We drafted well, IMO, we seem to be building a specific deep-speed, fast-paced offense that will give most structured defenses fits, creating mismatches everywhere. Our Defense has many questions, but the one glaring one is how will Pettine get the most out of everyone? I for one think we have depth at WR, CB, DT, and S, and the depth we have will make a lot of teams keep tabs on who we let go.

truly, we have a roster that with the right bounces, some luck with health and respectable qb play can be in that conversation.

i know a couple of the BLOWOUT games make it hard to realize, but despite poor qb play, not being especially lucky with injuries, and often missing the bounces we werent THAT many plays outside of the discussion.

we have a chance, but until we have the qb play we wont be a "gimme" to atleast be in the mix.

Nope. Teams covet players from teams that have demonstrated success at given positions. The Bills have a lot of TBD's right now. Hopeful? Sure, but hopeful doesn't have other teams licking their chops waiting for roster cuts.

What CB, WR, or S from this team is another team going to jump on if they are cut?

This roster is not nearly as good as you think it is

Edited by Max997

I truly think we are good at WR which I have not said in quite some time. I would rather keep the people that are more talented and see if they would be able to switch position. George Wilson was a WR converted safety and we are thin at S and CB so what about converting some of our more talented players and getting rid of our camp fodder? I would rather convert somebody to a position they can play than keep somebody at a position because that is the position they play naturally because we don't have the depth and they suck at said position.

More than any other year, I see teams watching the Bills 49ers and Seahawks cuts with a very keen eye. I think we're they're going to have to let some guys go that can play in this league. What say you?

Fixed that for you.

I would only say there is alot of potential on the Bills this year. They did draft well and the competition at position has more players fighting to start. Wr is the best example for me. Ton of potential. possibly elite players down the road.

but to the OP , waaay too early to tell.

But not to early to have your enthusiasm !

Go Bills !

I say we are thin at CB.

Hello

Man, you are really stretching it and should be sharing what your smoking. If the Bills cut players who can't help them, and the Bills were not a good team last year, why should I believe the player cut could help someone else. They certainly didn't help Buffalo. The only way this is even remotely feasible is if the Bills do some veteran housecleaning in preparation for the future and a team who thinks they need one more veteran back-up grabs that person.

If anyone says there are no signs of optimism over the hype from last year, you're smoking crack. This isn't last year, but in a lot of ways I am MORE excited about this year. We drafted well, IMO, we seem to be building a specific deep-speed, fast-paced offense that will give most structured defenses fits, creating mismatches everywhere. Our Defense has many questions, but the one glaring one is how will Pettine get the most out of everyone? I for one think we have depth at WR, CB, DT, and S, and the depth we have will make a lot of teams keep tabs on who we let go.

Optimism and saying every team in the NFL is sitting chewing their fingernails waiting to see who the Bills cut so they can scoop them up before anyone else does are by far two completely different things. The depth here is mainly players either that aren't going anywhere or have been all over and nobody else wanted them.

I truly think we are good at WR which I have not said in quite some time. I would rather keep the people that are more talented and see if they would be able to switch position. George Wilson was a WR converted safety and we are thin at S and CB so what about converting some of our more talented players and getting rid of our camp fodder? I would rather convert somebody to a position they can play than keep somebody at a position because that is the position they play naturally because we don't have the depth and they suck at said position.

I "hope" we are good at WR, but to say we "ARE" good when there is only one proven receiver on the entire roster is laughable.

Love it. A team that went 6-10 last year, has hit the awesome .500 mark once in the last 10 years, hasn't seen the playoffs this century, complete coaching change only 3 years after the last one... this is the team that the rest of the NFL is going to monitor closely in hope of acquiring for their cast offs.

There is absolutely no logic that I can detect in the post. I do however, respect the level of optimism it takes to post such a thing.