Montell Owens in for a Visit

The former talk show host?

I would think that this would be bad news for Chris Brown.

Seriously, for a special teams ace, he's averaged over 5 yards per carry in his career.

Small sample size I know, but still:

In his career he has 56 rushes for 292 yards and three touchdowns. He also has 12 career receptions for 132 yards.

If they do sign him, he's a special teamer first and foremost. However, let's think out of the box a little here. Freddy hasn't been able to complete a season in very recent times. They may perceive that Spiller can't carry the load, nor Choice share it with him if he had to step in for 6 games of the season. He might represent a good multi-purpose player. Definitely can help on special teams thought none the less.

RB/FB M. Owens can run the football. He's a heck of a lot more than just a ST player or a blocking FB.

I paid a lot of attention to him last year because I had picked him up in my FFL. He would be a very nice addition to the team and might be the short yardage running back that the Bills really need.

If you recall, the one NE game last year when Spiller tried to score from the one yd line and got absolutely crushed by Wilfork then you understand what I mean when I say that the Bills could really use a big back for short yardage/goal line situations.