RB's at Camp

With our RB's imagine an I formation - regular, power, or offset, twins or wishbone. Before the snap, all the motions you could do...

I formation with CJ or FJ as the halfback and FJ or Summers at FB. I know many people here are not excited about our TE's but I want them on the field.

In an offset I especially you can put either running a screen to either side. Even sweeps to either side, or if we get anywhere with the line the good old fashioned trap play right up the middle to light up Bianca Wilfork.

With the Twins you could put Woods and SJ13 on the outside, which will definitely command attention. The bigger guys will have to go there, too.

Either way, I want our RB's on the field together often. There is no reason not to include them.

With our RB's imagine an I formation - regular, power, or offset, twins or wishbone. Before the snap, all the motions you could do...

I formation with CJ or FJ as the halfback and FJ or Summers at FB. I know many people here are not excited about our TE's but I want them on the field.

In an offset I especially you can put either running a screen to either side. Even sweeps to either side, or if we get anywhere with the line the good old fashioned trap play right up the middle to light up Bianca Wilfork.

With the Twins you could put Woods and SJ13 on the outside, which will definitely command attention. The bigger guys will have to go there, too.

Either way, I want our RB's on the field together often. There is no reason not to include them.

There's the fact that Fred was a fumble-prone shade of his past self last season.

There's the fact that Fred was a fumble-prone shade of his past self last season.

Need a translation on "fumble-prone shade of his past self"

Truth is Fred had 5 fumbles in 9+ games. Four lost. Is that good? No.

Are there bigger problems at other positions on the team? Yes.

At least he didn't blame it on God.

Need a translation on "fumble-prone shade of his past self"

Truth is Fred had 5 fumbles in 9+ games. Four lost. Is that good? No.

Are there bigger problems at other positions on the team? Yes.

At least he didn't blame it on God.

I was responding to the statement that "there is no reason not to include them." There certainly is a reason to be concerned about what Fred can produce next year, given his age and production last year. I'm not saying it's a major problem, but I think having CJ and Fred on the field at the same time isn't logical.

I was responding to the statement that "there is no reason not to include them." There certainly is a reason to be concerned about what Fred can produce next year, given his age and production last year. I'm not saying it's a major problem, but I think having CJ and Fred on the field at the same time isn't logical.

I think both of them on the field is a possible strength of the offense, considering there could be a rookie at QB.

i like the way you are thinking, sir. getting these guys on the field together in multiple packages, and multiple formations could be very effective for us and confusing for the opponent. i really think that multiple running threats on the field at the same time, each of whom are very good receiving threats, is a wonderful thing.

I hope the undrafted free agent RB is able to prove he can pass protect and avoid mental errors that he wins our 3rd RB spot.

We need one big, physical pounder in that group.

And the Bills could use a young running back in the pipeline to eventually take Fred-Ex' role. Spiller will always be a guy who should be complemented.

Jackson fumbling or not is beyond the point. Him on the field is a decoy. I started a thread a while ago - put the best 11 athletes on the field. There is no way FJ is not on that list. With CJ and FJ in the backfield and a TE in you can do so many things. I have a feeling we will, and it is going to be good old fashioned football. Run the ball and make them stop you. Lead blockers and sweeps, etc. That is why I was hoping Levitre would have stayed - that guy could pull better then any G in the game right now.

On any double back set, imagine it. Take a wishbone, CJ on the weak side, FJ strong side. FJ can go behind the TE and do a quick screen. FJ could lead CJ on a counter sweep around the outside after putting a WR in motion. CJ could do a naked bootleg screen. FJ could do an option run and pass it to the TE. We could option either way, FJ or CJ - QB keeps it and bootleg pass to TE in the flat, speedy WR down the sideline, SJ13 across the middle.

Or, throw CJ in motion and put him outside trips on one side - SJ13, TJ Graham and CJ?! TE can be either side - but how do you defend that easily? There is no way you can play zone defense with that, and if the OL gels at all FJ can come free and run a quick route. That is potentially 5 harsh weapons to get the ball to...on paper.

We have a lot of names on offense. We have a lot of threats on paper. What we do not yet have are answers. The biggest answer we need is not WR. It never was. To bring it full circle... It is RB. What the question has always been is can CJ get it done? We know he can run and rack up huge yards and big gains. But, we do not know if that is enough. It was not enough for the Titans and Chris Johnson, it was not enough for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings. We have too many concerns at the QB - WR aspect part of the game to put a lot of faith there. Can our RB's get it done enough for us to win?

Jackson fumbling or not is beyond the point. Him on the field is a decoy. I started a thread a while ago - put the best 11 athletes on the field. There is no way FJ is not on that list. With CJ and FJ in the backfield and a TE in you can do so many things. I have a feeling we will, and it is going to be good old fashioned football. Run the ball and make them stop you. Lead blockers and sweeps, etc. That is why I was hoping Levitre would have stayed - that guy could pull better then any G in the game right now.

On any double back set, imagine it. Take a wishbone, CJ on the weak side, FJ strong side. FJ can go behind the TE and do a quick screen. FJ could lead CJ on a counter sweep around the outside after putting a WR in motion. CJ could do a naked bootleg screen. FJ could do an option run and pass it to the TE. We could option either way, FJ or CJ - QB keeps it and bootleg pass to TE in the flat, speedy WR down the sideline, SJ13 across the middle.

Or, throw CJ in motion and put him outside trips on one side - SJ13, TJ Graham and CJ?! TE can be either side - but how do you defend that easily? There is no way you can play zone defense with that, and if the OL gels at all FJ can come free and run a quick route. That is potentially 5 harsh weapons to get the ball to...on paper.

We have a lot of names on offense. We have a lot of threats on paper. What we do not yet have are answers. The biggest answer we need is not WR. It never was. To bring it full circle... It is RB. What the question has always been is can CJ get it done? We know he can run and rack up huge yards and big gains. But, we do not know if that is enough. It was not enough for the Titans and Chris Johnson, it was not enough for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings. We have too many concerns at the QB - WR aspect part of the game to put a lot of faith there. Can our RB's get it done enough for us to win?

i think a large part of the question you are asking is can the coaching staff get it done. we know what we have in cj and freddy. we know what stevie brings to the table, and we know what the physical dimensions of our qb and wr's are. i think the question is can the coaching staff get the most out of them/put them in the best position to succeed?