Buffalo plays in San Diego this year. Bob Lamb

Im in. I live in South Orange County and will have at least 2 buddies (all of us from Buffalo originally) at the game. So count the 3 of us in.

200714[/snapback]

Now I'm torn. I was thinking of going to New Orleans of the Aints game, but if I could finally make it to So Cal....

Joe:

Come on out. San Diego is a great place to stay for a couple nights and the game will be great. I was there 3 years ago for the Bills-Chargers game and there were a lot of Bills fans there - at least 10,000.

200728[/snapback]

If I did do that, I'd prolly make a 4 or 5 day trip out of it and take in some Hollywood sights.

But I dunno if I can get the wifey on board for THAT trip, we'll see.

I'll be reprising the TBD Tijuana excursion on the Friday before the game. If you like cheap 3rd world strippers, cheap Tequila and cheap Mexican beer this might just be the one for you.

BTW- this venture was hardly just a "singles" trip last time- in fact I'd say the Buffalo wives were the most generous tippers of the female entertainment!

When we had the Flutie-Johnson reunion a few years ago, there were a ton of fans. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Old Town and had a huge Friday Night Rally party where Steve Christie even joined us. The Holiday Inn ran out of beer TWICE and could not believe how us Buffalo people partied. On Saturday, we went to the Gaslamp District in downtown SD and had a blast. On Sunday, we had a huge tailgate where we were placed on the Chargers practice field adjacent to Qualcomm with Beef on Weck, Italian Sausage, Weber's Mustard, Genny Cream Ale, etc...

I am sure Jim Phillips of the San Diego Bills Backers is already at work but we don't find out the date until usually the second week of April. Rose Puskas of the Portland Backers probably also will be part of the festivities and will some members from the Costa Mesa Backers (also known as the Southern California Bills Backers).

I live in Mission Viejo, just 70 miles north of San Diego and am looking forward to another grand time.

Go Bills in 2005!!

Now I'm torn. I was thinking of going to New Orleans of the Aints game, but if I could finally make it to So Cal....

Hey JSP! Since you're dieting AND have stopped smoking - put all that money you're NOT spending on fast food and cigs in a Bills piggy bank. Then go to BOTH games (About $35 a week?)

Of course it all depends on the schedule but I will definitely be there. Trying to talk my father into coming out(Hamilton, Ont) and my oldest brother(Portand, Ore) to come down. We would probably just do a fun road trip down I-5 from the Bay area. It would be fantastic to meet up with some Bills fans in beautiful San Diego. The Bills also visit Oakland again this year and although the stadium is only 25mins away from my house Im not nearly as stoked for that game.

If I did do that, I'd prolly make a 4 or 5 day trip out of it and take in some Hollywood sights.

But I dunno if I can get the wifey on board for THAT trip, we'll see.

200735[/snapback]

Joe, you try and convince your better half and I'll do the same on my end :D

San Diego is an absolutely beautiful city from what I remember. I was there for 16 weeks when I went to computer school for the US Navy many, many moons ago :lol: Always wanted to make a trip back there and a chance to catch the Bills play is twice as sweet!

BTW while I was stationed in San Diego, the Bills just happened to play the Chargers. It was either September or October and the game was played at Balboa(sp?) Stadium. Anyone care to take a guess what year that was? :lol:

I think the Bills lost, but it was still a treat to see them play away from home. Come to think of it, that was my first road game. Of course it was by way of the US Navy :lol:

I was at the last San Diego game and stayed at the Holiday INN in Old Town, where they ran out of beer, and Steve Christie showed up. It was a great gathering of Bills fans for the Flutie-Johnson game. I have contacted Rose from the Portland group and they are already starting to make plans for this game. Of course this all depends on when the game is scheduled, but it should be a great time.