"Mistakes Were Made"

See? More little details are coming out here and there. All it takes is for one dude to panic if he thinks they are getting close to him, and the whole thing comes apart.

Clearly I can't say for certain what is going to happen. However, it's still a strikingly similar pattern to Watergate.

Nixon came out and essentially called that whole thing phony as well.

If CNN is still talking about it? That's a big deal. The big deal is: many reporters are fools, but, some aren't. All it takes is 1 or 2 who smell Bob Woodward status for life, and have the ability. It's a matter of time, and competence, and, if there is one decent soul who actually is "more moral" than the others. A coward would do nicely as well. I'm betting on the latter.

Interesting email surfaces to put Fifth Amendment Lois back in the news.

Lois Lerner's Own Words: Emails undercut the official IRS story on political targeting.

Congress's investigation into the IRS targeting of conservatives has been continuing out of the Syria headlines, and it's turning up news. Emails unearthed by the House Ways and Means Committee between former Director of Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner and her staff raise doubts about IRS claims that the targeting wasn't politically motivated and that low-level employees in Cincinnati masterminded the operation.

In a February 2011 email, Ms. Lerner advised her staff—including then Exempt Organizations Technical Manager Michael Seto and then Rulings and Agreements director Holly Paz—that a Tea Party matter is "very dangerous," and is something "Counsel and [Lerner adviser] Judy Kindell need to be in on." Ms. Lerner adds, "Cincy should probably NOT have these cases." (Cincy was a "clearinghouse" office)

That's a different tune than the IRS sang in May when former IRS Commissioner Steven Miller said the agency's overzealous enforcement was the work of two "rogue" employees in Cincinnati. When the story broke, Ms. Lerner suggested that her office had been unaware of the pattern of targeting until she read about it in the newspaper. "So it was pretty much we started seeing information in the press that raised questions for us, and we went back and took a look," she said in May.

{snip}

Ms. Lerner famously invoked her right against self-incrimination rather than testify under oath to Congress. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee reported this summer that its investigation had found Ms. Lerner had sent official IRS documents to her personal email account, and many questions remain unanswered. Democrats want to pretend the IRS scandal is over, but Ms. Lerner's role deserves much more exposure.

http://online.wsj.co...Opinion_LEADTop

• 1 month later...

http://www.examiner....rty-info-to-fec

"Lerner gave information out on several groups, including the American Issues Project and the American Future Fund, according to Judicial Watch which is a public watchdog organization.

Lerner’s emails reveal that the Internal Revenue Service gave the FEC the tax returns of the conservative groups. The information contained the groups' income from a variety of sources and the groups' employee’s pay. The emails also detailed the methods in which the groups were enticed to give political information to the IRS.

As often occurs in such cases, the information was obtained via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requested on Aug. 9 of this year. The path of violating emails began with the FEC mad a request of Lerner on Feb. 3, 2009.

The materials that Lerner sent as an IRS employee to the FEC included confidential information about the conservative and/or Tea Party organizations. This is a felony as Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code dictates that an IRS official – which Lerner was at the time – may not disclose either income tax return information or taxpayer income tax return information – not even to another governmental agency. At the time this happened, Lerner was the head of the department, and she suddenly retired during the scandal which was yet another embarrassing episode for the White House."

•  

Edited by 3rdnlng

Newly Obtained E-Mails Show Lerner Gave Tea Party Tax Info to FEC, Big Three Networks Censor

On October 31 the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard reported the following: “The Internal Revenue Service shared highly confidential tax information of several Tea Party groups in the IRS scandal with the Federal Election Commission, a clear violation of federal law, according to newly obtained emails. The public watchdog group Judicial Watch told Secrets Thursday that it was former scandal boss Lois Lerner who shared the information on groups including the American Future Fund and the American Issues Project.’”

So far none of the Big Three (ABC, NBC, CBS) networks have reported the latest IRS scandal finding. In fact, they’ve stopped reporting on the IRS scandal altogether.

Is it now up to the Justice Dept to prosecute her?

Yes, it is their duty to prosecute her. Somehow though, since they refuse to prosecute other liberals, I find it difficult to see Eric Holder doing a damn thing.

Yeah, he'll get right on that after he is done looking into the Trayvon Martin case.

You mean the bounty put out GZ by The New Black Panthers?

As soon as Obama hears about this on the news he's gonna make sure Holder is all over it. No one's gonna be more mad about this than him.

He will be especially mad at the GOP, who is responsible for all of this. If they hadn't had conservatives split into the various TEA Party groups, then there would be nothing for the IRS to audit or report to the FEC. Damn that BoehnerCruzBushCheney.

How long before we find out who Skunk Reid's insider tipster was who told him "Mitt Romney hasn't paid any taxes in years"?

This administration has all the trappings of the most corrupt regime in American political history.

and they will likely get away with it too...

How long before we find out who Skunk Reid's insider tipster was who told him "Mitt Romney hasn't paid any taxes in years"?

This administration has all the trappings of the most corrupt regime in American political history.

No no, that's "transparent" regime in American political history. Just ask them.

and they will likely get away with it too...

I used to think that, too, but lately it's exhibiting a a level of incompetence I've never seen in a WH administration. It's like Baghdad Bob meets Anthony Wiener for the non-stop lie-upon-lie-athon.

They're starting to eat their own right now, and I suspect by time the mid-terms are over, everyone will be moving away from Obama like he just told the Group W bench that he was arrested for littering.

ALEX TABARROK: Did Obama Spy On Mitt Romney?

“As recently as a few weeks ago if anyone had asked me that question I would have consigned them to a right (or left) wing loony bin.

Today, the only loonies are those who think the question unreasonable.”

I used to think that, too, but lately it's exhibiting a a level of incompetence I've never seen in a WH administration. It's like Baghdad Bob meets Anthony Wiener for the non-stop lie-upon-lie-athon.

They're starting to eat their own right now, and I suspect by time the mid-terms are over, everyone will be moving away from Obama like he just told the Group W bench that he was arrested for littering.

It's almost thier best play to delay the ACA implementation until AFTER the mid term elections. Take it out of the equation...

It's almost thier best play to delay the ACA implementation until AFTER the mid term elections. Take it out of the equation...

I don't think they can do that without dooming the entire law because delaying the mandate means the ONLY people who would use it are the one's who won't pay for it. They desperately need kids onboard and paying in or it falls apart.

Edited by LABillzFan

I don't think they can do that without dooming the entire law because delaying the mandate means the ONLY people who would use it are the one's who won't pay for it. They desperately need kids onboard and paying in or it falls apart.

Yeah but since when did something over budget become a problem? Budget? What budget?