"Mistakes Were Made"

I wonder if the IRS would be interested in this "non-profit" ?..................................................Nah...

ObamaCare NonProfit Educates Democrats Only.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ favorite pro-Obamacare nonprofit held a Democrats-only congressional briefing earlier this year, according to emails obtained by nonprofit watchdog Judicial Watch.

Enroll America president Anne Filipic, a former Obama White House aide, exchanged emails with Debra Curtis, a Democratic staffer on the House Ways and Means Committee.

“They [House Democrat leadership] want to do another one next week while Congress is in recess that would be open [to] all House Democratic Staff to start getting folks up to speed,” Curtis wrote to Filipic in a Feb. 11, 2013, email.

We’ll check IDs to be sure we’ve got all Dems coming as well,” Curtis added the next day while projecting that a 100 people would attend.

Enroll America, an activist nonprofit devoted to enrolling Americans in the Obamacare health insurance exchanges, has benefited from Sebelius’ fundraising efforts.

Congressional Republicans have opened an investigation into her requests that private donors contribute to the group.

“That the Secretary of Health and Human Services has now admitted to having pressured the very companies her agency regulates to get behind a non-government group in support of Obamacare raises even more ethical and legal questions,” Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said in a June 4 statement.

“The message being sent by the Obama administration is get behind this private group run by a former White House staffer and we’ll give you more favorable treatment when it comes to regulations. That’s bullying plain and simple and promotes a ‘pay to play’ environment that undermines the public trust in government,” Hatch said.

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton described the email exchange between Filipic and Curtiss as indicative of “the shady politics attendant to [Obamacare's] passage and implementation.”

...........and the dots keep connecting.................in the "phony" scandal that they already apologized for

E-mails Suggest Collusion Between FEC, IRS to Target Conservative Groups

By Eliana Johnson

Embattled Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner and an attorney in the Federal Election Commission’s general counsel’s office appear to have twice colluded to influence the record before the FEC’s vote in the case of a conservative non-profit organization, according to e-mails unearthed by the House Ways and Means Committee and obtained exclusively by National Review Online. The correspondence suggests the discrimination of conservative groups extended beyond the IRS and into the FEC, where an attorney from the agency’s enforcement division in at least one case sought and received tax information about the status of a conservative group

Phony scandal, huh?

We now know that IRS honchos shared information about conservative groups with other agencies, using the vast data in the IRS databanks to help other federal officials make cases against conservatives. Now we need to know how much, how often and what kind.

Email exchanges between Lois Lerner, the Democrat at the center of the probe into abuses at the IRS, and a lawyer at the Federal Elections Commission show Lerner and the lawyer teaming up to try to block a conservative group from winning a case before the commission.

The pixel trail obtained by the House Ways and Means Committee leaves a strong suggestion that Lerner passed confidential information to the lawyer in a bid to squeeze a Minnesota conservative group under fire from state Democrats. The way it’s supposed to work is that the commission doesn’t investigate until its members find probable cause, but here we have a still-unnamed attorney doing a stealth investigation with Lerner’s help in an apparent bid to sway commissioners ahead of their vote.

The chances for collusion are helped by the fact that prior to coming to the IRS, Lerner was the longtime head of the elections board’s enforcement office. That’s where she first earned the ire of conservatives for targeting religious groups, especially the demand from her office to know about the content of prayers tendered for the sake of Lt. Col. Oliver North.

Lerner, therefore, would have had plenty of knowledge about how to game the system at the commission to make sure a complaint turned into a case – precisely what her successors at the FEC would need to drop the hammer on a conservative group. And given the warren of unlisted government email addresses and the prevalent use of personal accounts for public business, it’s hard now to know just what passed between Lerner and the FEC.

A Slo-Mo IRS Cover-Up

Back on May 13, President Obama reacted heatedly to news that the IRS had delayed and harassed conservative groups applying for nonprofit status. “I have got no patience with it, I will not tolerate it, and we will make sure that we find out exactly what happened on this,” he told reporters

How is the president living up to that pledge? At best, meh. At worst, we are seeing a slow-motion cover-up. In a speech he made last week, he railed against an “endless parade” of “phony scandals” that are slowing down the nation’s business.

A time line is listed that is hard to ignore.

New Links Emerge in the IRS Scandal

by Kimberley A. Strassell

In May this column noted that the targeting of conservatives started in 2008, when liberals began a coordinated campaign of siccing the federal government on political opponents. The Obama campaign helped pioneer this tactic.

http://online.wsj.co...Opinion_LEADTop

They don't even know how to stop:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/irs-agent-tax-agency-is-still-targeting-tea-party-groups/article/2534044

In a remarkable admission that is likely to rock the Internal Revenue Service again, testimony released Thursday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp reveals that an agent involved in reviewing tax exempt applications from conservative groups told a committee investigator that the agency is still targeting Tea Party groups, three months after the IRS scandal erupted..

In closed door testimony before the House Ways & Means Committee, the unidentified IRS agent said requests for special tax status from Tea Party groups is being forced into a special "secondary screening" because the agency has yet to come up with new guidance on how to judge the tax status of the groups.

In a transcript from the committee provided to Secrets, a Ways & Means investigator asked: "If you saw -- I am asking this currently, if today if a Tea Party case, a group -- a case from a Tea Party group came in to your desk, you reviewed the file and there was no evidence of political activity, would you potentially approve that case? Is that something you would do?"

The agent said, "At this point I would send it to secondary screening, political advocacy."

The committee staffer then said, "So you would treat a Tea Party group as a political advocacy case even if there was no evidence of political activity on the application. Is that right?" The agent admitted, "Based on my current manager's direction, uh-huh."

They don't even know how to stop:

http://washingtonexa...article/2534044

In a remarkable admission that is likely to rock the Internal Revenue Service again, testimony released Thursday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp reveals that an agent involved in reviewing tax exempt applications from conservative groups told a committee investigator that the agency is still targeting Tea Party groups, three months after the IRS scandal erupted..

Wowee!

Wait til President Obama hears this on the news tonight...............there'll be hell to pay.

The IRS acted in an "intolerable and inexcusable" manner in singling out conservative advocacy groups for extra scrutiny, President Barack Obama said Tuesday evening in a statement about the emerging controversy. - May 13,2013

But Obama said he put a stop to it. he gave a speech and everything

Well, we all know how he can mess up. Just the other day he had Savannah & Jacksonville on the Gulf Coast. He could probably use a geometry lesson.

Well, we all know how he can mess up. Just the other day he had Savannah & Jacksonville on the Gulf Coast. He could probably use a geometry lesson.

Provided that geometry lesson was followed by a geography lesson, sure.

I am unaware of Obama being unable to calculate the length of the hypotenuse of the triangle, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he could not. :lol:

He certainly doesn't know much about symmetry. Look at the Russian Reset Button. He made himself Putin's B word in his first term, and now, he's surprised when Putin tells him to bend over? The ONLY reason he did this was to support the far-left idiot constituency, who couldn't be more wrong on foreign policy: look at the results.

It's all too bad. Obama had a lot of promise, but has squandered it all, and this IRS scandal, and how he got re-elected = dividing the county down to tiny segments, has nearly sealed his fate. The only thing he has is time. He has the time to turn this around, and start being practical. Accept the blame, be accountable, promise to do better, and start finally performing his duties, up to standard. For once, act the President of the United States, and not of the local rabble rousing club.

But, I'd give that a 10% chance of happening. It's so bizarre. That the wave the Democrats enjoyed in 2006...can be completely undone by the ego and petulance of a single person. He's already destroyed their House gains. The Senate is soon to follow, unless he gets his act together.

The first thing he has to do is take the blame for the IRS scandal. Take the blame, and then clean house, to include sending people to jail. He would gain instant credibility, and that would give him an opening to begin working on his agenda with Congress. What could the Republicans do? Keep saying that he's a turd? A turd doesn't make the hard decisions, and hold himself accountable.

That is, if Obama truly had nothing to do with this. If he did? Well, it's going to be a long 3 years....

Provided that geometry lesson was followed by a geography lesson, sure.

I am unaware of Obama being unable to calculate the length of the hypotenuse of the triangle, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he could not. :lol:

He certainly doesn't know much about symmetry. Look at the Russian Reset Button. He made himself Putin's B word in his first term, and now, he's surprised when Putin tells him to bend over? The ONLY reason he did this was to support the far-left idiot constituency, who couldn't be more wrong on foreign policy: look at the results.

It's all too bad. Obama had a lot of promise, but has squandered it all, and this IRS scandal, and how he got re-elected = dividing the county down to tiny segments, has nearly sealed his fate. The only thing he has is time. He has the time to turn this around, and start being practical. Accept the blame, be accountable, promise to do better, and start finally performing his duties, up to standard. For once, act the President of the United States, and not of the local rabble rousing club.

But, I'd give that a 10% chance of happening. It's so bizarre. That the wave the Democrats enjoyed in 2006...can be completely undone by the ego and petulance of a single person. He's already destroyed their House gains. The Senate is soon to follow, unless he gets his act together.

The first thing he has to do is take the blame for the IRS scandal. Take the blame, and then clean house, to include sending people to jail. He would gain instant credibility, and that would give him an opening to begin working on his agenda with Congress. What could the Republicans do? Keep saying that he's a turd? A turd doesn't make the hard decisions, and hold himself accountable.

That is, if Obama truly had nothing to do with this. If he did? Well, it's going to be a long 3 years....

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek re the use of "geometry" over geography. Look for the thread "Obama Geometry" and you'll see why.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek re the use of "geometry" over geography. Look for the thread "Obama Geometry" and you'll see why.

This is where OC accuses you of "trolling," because he didn't get the joke.

No, this is where OCinBuffalo simply says: I didn't get the joke.

That's cause...I have no fear of being wrong. Am I supposed to?

And, when have I ever accused anybody of trolling, on this board? I grant that I've done it on the football board. If I have here, I don't recall...

And, when have I ever accused anybody of trolling, on this board? I grant that I've done it on the football board. If I have here, I don't recall...

That would have been yesterday, dipshit.

Maybe you should read more and write less. I even told you where to go to get the joke. Also, I'm not the one that accused you of accusing other people of trolling, so address it with that person.

Edited by 3rdnlng

That would have been yesterday, dipshit.

Yes. Thanks. I love how I can talk about trolling, and troll, at the same time. :lol:

It's perhaps my best feature.

Maybe you should read more and write less. I even told you where to go to get the joke. Also, I'm not the one that accused you of accusing other people of trolling, so address it with that person.

What? I said I didn't get the joke. I get it now. Because you explained it. I didn't need to go where you said...because...you explained it. :blink:

And, yes, I was just being lazy.

Laziness is not my best feature.

Lerner’s FEC Problem : Did the IRS official violate the law?

The “phony scandal” at the IRS keeps growing.

E-mail correspondence unearthed by the House Ways and Means Committee reveals that Lois Lerner, the figure at the center of the scandal, may have committed a felony by divulging information about a conservative group to the Federal Election Commission, in an incident that dates back at least to 2008, before President Obama took office. Though some conservatives have eagerly sought evidence that Obama’s White House instigated the IRS’s targeting of tea-party groups, the latest evidence suggests that an anti-conservative bias may instead be an endemic feature of the federal bureaucracy. And now, an FEC official is raising the specter of systemic bias at that agency, too, calling the techniques its lawyers employ a “much more sophisticated way” of discriminating against conservative groups than those used by the IRS.

“When we spoke last July, you had told us that the American Future Fund had not received an exemption letter from the IRS,” an FEC attorney wrote in a February 2009 e-mail to Lerner.

But Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code provides that both “return information” and “taxpayer return information” are strictly confidential. An IRS source tells National Review Online that, within the agency, disclosing the information that Lerner appears to have provided is considered “a violation of Section 6103.”

Edited by B-Man