Smith, Haddad or Other:

Astrobot

With 6 WR's on the roster right now, is TD satisfied? Or does he keep Jonathan Smith and only 5 WR's on this list? Or does he say goodbye to Bobby Shaw, the 2nd oldest at 29 (Moulds is 31) and keep an extra TE or RB? Is he really happy with Haddad, the lightest of the six?

I think Moulds and Shaw stay for some experience in the WR corps. Evans is a lock, of course, and Reed's been playing with the first stringers much of the time (for now). Aiken has had a superb camp.

Haddad has caught 1 pass (11 yards) in the last 3 years, and returned 2 kickoffs (19 yards total) and 1 punt (0 yards) in that span. I bet that TD combs the waiver wire for someone better than Haddad, and if he doesn't find anything, he thinks about carrying an extra RB or OG.

Discuss.

I think it all comes down to #s.

I was going over remaining cuts & getting down to 56 or so is pretty easy. The problem is that you've got about 6 or so candidates that you'd like to keep but need to get rid of like 3.

Personally, the way I see it I'd like to keep the 5 WRs, axing Haddad & Smith, keep all 4 TEs & only 1 FB (I'd like to see Lawton be the one). That appears to me to be our strongest mix.

Remember, that although you go w/ '4 wide', they don't all need to be WRs. You can split a TE out there or send a RB.

Albany's got it right. I think the WR corps is set: Moulds, Reed, Evans, Shaw, and Aiken. That makes five. Terrence McGee has proved he can handle KR duties. They'll line someone else like Simonton back with him. At this point it looks like Clements handles punts. Buffalo doesn't need Haddad. With the injuries at QB Buffalo needs to have people like McGee who can pull double duty. Haddad just doesn't have enough value at WR. Jonathon Smith same deal, but he gets a gig on the practice squad since he's a rookie draft choice.

Albany's got it right. I think the WR corps is set: Moulds, Reed, Evans, Shaw, and Aiken.  That makes five.  Terrence McGee has proved he can handle KR duties.  They'll line someone else like Simonton back with him.  At this point it looks like Clements handles punts.  Buffalo doesn't need Haddad.  With the injuries at QB Buffalo needs to have people like McGee who can pull double duty.  Haddad just doesn't have enough value at WR.  Jonathon Smith same deal, but he gets a gig on the practice squad since he's a rookie draft choice.

15261[/snapback]

Gotta agree...As much as I'd like Haddad to make the roster...It just isn't feasible with 4 Qb's on the roster.

Stay

Moulds, Reed, Evans, Aiken, Shaw

Gone

Haddad

Gone & practice squad

Smith

15147[/snapback]

Yep, 5 is all you need.

WRs the caliber of Haddad and Smith are a dime a dozen.

If someone gets hurt, easy to sign someone new.

As was his "ridiculous celebration" quotient.

15210[/snapback]

I tell you..... :P Some of you guys and your obsessions over a single play in a guy's career. It's really quite comical the level of perfection that has come to be expected around here at times. :blink:

Cable Lady--

Who looks most like Broadway Joe?

Haddad or Losman?

15159[/snapback]

By default, it's got to be Haddad. Losman is a dead ringer for Adam Sandler. :blink:

I'd love to see Haddad make this squad, but I just don't think it's possible due to the numbers game...it would be nice to see a UB grad on the roster, though.

I honestly don't think it's feasible for the Bills to carry more the 5 WR's considering the QB situation. Haddad will be cut and Smith will be cut but probably brought back to the Practive Squad. Since the numbers are screwed up a bit with the QB's, the Bills are likely only to keep 3 TE's on the team too, though all of them have done enough to stay. Trafford appears to be the odd man out unless the Bills feel that they can use one of the TE's as a FB and not carry a designated FB on the roster. Just a thought and I doubt they would go into the season without one. Which leaves the question, where do they leave themselves thin so they can carry the extra QB? At CB? RB? LB? OL? It's going to be a tough call but I think the RB position might be left thin, 1 FB, Lawton or Shelton, 3 RB's, TH, WM, and either Simonton or Williams. They will probably carry 4 TE's with Trafford being the 2nd FB on the roster. By the looks of things, considering the QB situation, the LB position also will feel the effects and only carry 5-6 with at least 1 going on the practice squad but probably not anyone from the current roster. Just my thoughts but with Brown and Losman out, other positions are going to have to be thin.

Stay

Moulds, Reed, Evans, Aiken, Shaw

Gone

Haddad

Gone & practice squad

Smith

15147[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. The only way that Haddad or Smith can make the team is on special teams, but I don't think that either one is better than McGee, Reed, or Clements at returning punts & kicks. So unless one of them has 2 or 3 return TD's tonight they will be cut.

I, like many others I'm sure, was kinda pulling for Haddad to make an impression. It would have been nice to make a "hometown boy makes good" story. With all the potential return talent we had, and the fact that those first in line did well, he didn't have much of a chance here. Did he even return anything this preseason?