ObamaCare: More Part-time workers; New Normal?

Uh...provide affordable health care?

Silly Congresscritter...the bad marriages prevented by Obamacare will be more than offset by the bad marriages created by Global Warming.

Wait a minute. Wasn't one of the reasons that Obamacare was so popular is that it was supposed to eliminate global warming? You mean it's not going to pay for the gas in my car and my mortgage and..........................?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...provide affordable health care?

Silly Congresscritter...the bad marriages prevented by Obamacare will be more than offset by the bad marriages created by Global Warming.

Not to mention, Obamacare doesn't make employer's provide insurance for the non-working spouses of its employees. Still, as ridiculous as she sounds, it's okay because her district is flanked by Compton and San Pedro, so no one there understood her anyway.

He continues the Big Lie, of course, at this point he has no choice..................

Obama: $1 trillion in Obamacare spending is historic 'tax cut'

As part of a Mothers’ Day weekend defense of his signature legislative accomplishment, President Obama claimed that the law represented the “largest health care tax cut for working families and small businesses in our history. “

His argument was a Hail-Mary effort to redesignate subsidies for individuals to purchase health insurance on government-run exchanges as a “tax cut.” But according to the Congressional Budget Office, these subsidies actually qualify as more than $1 trillion in “Exchange Subsidies and Related Spending.” (Emphasis mine.)

Far from being a historic tax cut, Obamacare actually qualifies as one of the largest tax increases in history. It contains roughly $1 trillion in taxes — on insurance plans, medical devices and investment income. And many of the taxes will end up falling on the middle class. The law’s individual mandate, which the Obama administration successful argued was a tax before the U.S. Supreme Court, is projected to hit nearly 5 million Americans with incomes less than $60,000 by 2016.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-1-trillion-in-obamacare-spending-is-historic-tax-cut/article/2529406

• 2 weeks later...

Support for this law is falling apart faster than a Lindsay Lohan alibi.

Can you possibly imagine how FUBAR'ed this law must be if UNIONS now want it repealed? They're upset about that little "If you like your plan you can keep it" lie the WH shoved down everyone's throat.

http://thehill.com/b...s-on-health-law

The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) — a 1.3 million-member labor group that twice endorsed Obama for president — is very worried about how the reform law will affect its members’ healthcare plans.

Last month, the president of the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers released a statement calling “for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act.”

UNITE HERE, a prominent hotel workers’ union, and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters are also pushing for changes.

In a new op-ed published in The Hill, UFCW President Joe Hansen homed in on the president’s speech at the 2009 AFL-CIO convention. Obama at the time said union members could keep their insurance under the law, but Hansen writes “that the president’s statement to labor in 2009 is simply not true for millions of workers.”

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

You're kinder than I am. At this pace, there will be no lib standing in the wake of Barack Obama's puppet show. Over the past couple of weeks you couldn't go out to dinner without tripping over the carcass of a lib that Obama pissed on. Unions have been turning on Obamacare for about month. By the time Barry grabbed AP phones and pointed the IRS to silence groups for their political and religious beliefs, he schitt on the last of his supporters. It's like watching the hyenas finally catch on at the end of "Lion King." They're at a point where things are so bad they actually have to stand in defense of a Fox News reporter after finding out Obama and Holder reached into his freaking parent's house.

What an unbelievable mess. I genuine am starting to think this is all going to lead to something very drastic and very embarrassing. Even the typical libs in my Facebook timeline have stopped with their repetitive "phony Benghazi, IRS scandals."

We used to joke about him being worse than Carter, but I have a feeling Carter will be remembered like Clinton by the time Obama is done.

Community organizing, Obamacare style

A subcommittee of the House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform held a hearing today on the government’s Obamacare “outreach” program. Obamacare authorizes the government to provide information to the uninsured, and to assist them in obtaining insurance, through the use of “navigators.”

Today’s hearing addressed concerns of Republican committee members about how this process will work in practice. The only witness was Gary Cohen, deputy administrator of the Department of HHS’s Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) within CMS.

{snip}

The context is this: Obamacare is predicated on inducing young, healthy people, for whom purchasing insurance may not be the best cost-benefit option, to enter the insurance market and subsidize older, not-so-healthy people. Moreover, the Obamacare penalty (I mean, tax) for not purchasing insurance may be insufficient inducement, given that the cost of a policy may well exceed the amount of the “tax.”

In this setting, outreach becomes a tricky proposition. Will those who are conducting it (the “navigators”), for the avowed purpose of maximizing participation, present a fair and balanced picture to the uninsured? Cohen testified that they will answer all questions honestly, but will not volunteer the fact that the cost of purchasing insurance exceeds the Obamacare penalty.

Quite apart from the question of whether buying insurance is in the interest of the individual subject to outreach, it is important that navigators be honest, well-versed in insurance issues, and familiar with the tax implications of Obamacare (a citizen can find himself in big trouble if his relevant status changes in a given year and he fails to report the change to the IRS).

But Cohen admitted that under the regulations his agency is developing, navigators will receive only 20 to 30 hours of training through an online course. Furthermore, CMS apparently

(1) will not require that navigators have a high school diploma,

(2) will not require background checks of navigators,

(3) will not automatically exclude felons,

(4) will not automatically exclude individuals with prior involvement in identity theft, and

(5) will not require that navigators have insurance to cover giving incorrect information about tax consequences. Nor, as a general matter, will navigators be subject to the standards applicable to census takers.

Yet navigators will have access to sensitive personal information about the citizens they assist. Although they are not charged with collecting information, they will help individuals fill out forms that contain personal information, such as social security numbers. Thus, they can obtain this information and, if they choose, use it or pass it along to others.

To me, that sounds a lot like “community organizers.” Accordingly, congressional Republicans are right to be concerned that some navigators will be use that status for purposes of partisan mischief.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05/community-organizing-obamacare-style.php

The main goal of Obamacare is to screw up the system so badly that the ignorant masses will start screaming for the government to take over the industry completely.

...the same way Obama declared that he needs to find a way to get gas up to $10/gal so that green energy can look affordable.

The main goal of Obamacare is to screw up the system so badly that the ignorant masses will start screaming for the government to take over the industry completely.

...the same way Obama declared that he needs to find a way to get gas up to $10/gal so that green energy can look affordable.

I don't know if that's a "goal" or not, but it will be just about the only thing the ACA accomplishes.

Obamacare, as it stands today is designed to bring about single-payer health insurance. It goes against the one tenent of insurance that is inviolable---The Law of Large Numbers. Only the sick will buy into this and the young will gladly pay the measly fine as long as it's open enrollment year around. If Obama and his minions didn't intend to design it to be a miserable failure then they are even stupider than I thought.

Obamacare, as it stands today is designed to bring about single-payer health insurance. It goes against the one tenent of insurance that is inviolable---The Law of Large Numbers. Only the sick will buy into this and the young will gladly pay the measly fine as long as it's open enrollment year around. If Obama and his minions didn't intend to design it to be a miserable failure then they are even stupider than I thought.

News flash: they're stupider than you thought. You need to pay closer attention.

News flash: they're stupider than you thought. You need to pay closer attention.

No, I thought them really, really stupid, but also really conniving. They've sunk to a level that I've never seen and one that I've never even read about.

No, I thought them really, really stupid, but also really conniving. They've sunk to a level that I've never seen and one that I've never even read about.

Really? With control of the House, Senate, and Oval Office, you thought those negotiations with the Republican minority leading to a half-assed watered-down bill that nobody even understood much less liked was evidence of cleverness???? "Republicans can sit in the back seat/Republicans are obstructionist" was some sort of subtlety in a grand plan that only culminates some 20 years from now? That "we have to pass it to know what's in it" really meant "we know what's in it, we just have to pass it to tell you what's in it?"

You're really giving the idiots in Washington too much credit.