Official John Murphy Show Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay good..glad I missed that. Last thing I want to hear about on my Bills show is some guy throwing Brady in our faces.

Chris Brown is going to be on tonight - call the conspiracy theorists!

Ralph is cheap AND controls the media. :D

I actually don't really like the fact that once I heard Murph talking about "Is a safety really worth this kind of money?" and Chris writing similar things that we were getting prepped that Byrd wasn't going to be signed long term. Just feels like state run radio to me when that happens.

I actually don't really like the fact that once I heard Murph talking about "Is a safety really worth this kind of money?" and Chris writing similar things that we were getting prepped that Byrd wasn't going to be signed long term. Just feels like state run radio to me when that happens.

Well you have Schopp. Bulldog and Jerry Sulivan at the other extreme. Somewhere in between is the truth.

PTR

Was actually thinking the same thing.

@JohnMurphyShow

Complete audio: Jim Kelly On His Health And The Bills QB Battle http://ow.ly/2ysFLP

I focused on the comments pertaining to the QB situation (near the end of the clip), and Jim seemed to be leaning towards Kolb to start the season simply because "he's a veteran, he knows what to look for." Kelly also said, though, that Manuel seems to be getting it "more and more" and mentioned something like "when it clicks, watch out" because of EJ's tremendous physical tools.

That's what I'm hearing from my one and only inside source. That it's not totally clicking yet for EJ.

And I don't think any of us should have a problem with that, nor is it a surprise. How many rookie QBs are tearing it up in OTAs?

I believe the key word in your sentence is "yet."

Quick Whaley recap:

Anxious to get started and see how the team and coaches come together

Some training camps have been more memorable than others in his experience

OTAs are not real football. Camp is real football and Marrone will take advantage of the ability to get the players in pads (within the rules of the CBA)

Hairston on PUP but not expecting to place anyone else on PUP at this point

K Williams will be limited and eased in. Will not have to go on PUP

Roster is at 87 right now. Unless someone gets released they are going to hold pat rather than add right now.

When jairus comes in he will be welcomed with open arms. They don't know if Byrd will be in in time to play in the opener. The ball is in byrds court. He has the right to hold out just like the bills have the right to use the tag. When asked about whether they will agree to not tag Byrd next year, Whaley would not comment. They have time and will try to workout a long term deal after the season.

The stage was not too big for EJ in the spring. The question is how he responds under stress this summer. Pre season games are important. He is a consummate professional.

Kolb is proven, smooth and that will translate to a good competition. The team has no timetable for a decision.

TJ graham took a nice step this offseason and will challenge for the starting role. He is looking at the youth at receiver as a positive.

2 or 3 candidates for left guard. Lots of fluff regarding open competitions.

Chandler is healthy and ready to go. His workload will be monitored

Dareus it is time for him to step up. He has shown it but has been inconsistent.

Did not expect Alonso to be so ready, but he is considered plug and play now. He has great size speed and instincts. His physicality is his calling card. He plays with his hair on fire

Duke Williams is unique because he can play corner and safety. This is helpful in our division. Sounds like he is an ideal big nickel option. Doug mentioned matching up with Gronk

Leodis is gaining confidence. That has hindered him in the past

Ron brooks and Justin Rogers are candidates to battle for that job with Leodis. Stephon Gilmore is special and a rare talent.

Kicker battle. Hopkins has a strong leg and a great kickoff guy who is improving at field goals.

Key to keeping camp off site is to connect with fans in rochester and for team building. They love it and don't expect to ever have camp leave SJF