Doug "Old Skoal" Marrone

I want to see the guys who have skated thru under Chan get a reality check from Coach Marrone. Time to thin out the slackers and bring in guys who hustle. How can you not love a tough coach who chews and expects his men to play and act like professionals..

I remember these same types of posts 3 years ago when Gailey took the TVs out of the weight room. Old school tough coach expects the players to work. God is it preseason yet please?

Tobacco in any form has the potential to harm the user's health in severe ways, but I could watch that video over and over. It's uplifting to see potential both in the players and coaches. Everyone is smiling and happy. Forget preseason, let's keep the offseason as long as possible. It's more fun.

I can't really watch his interviews. The man can move his mouth with words coming out and saying absolutely nothing for extended periods of time.

Really?

I find his interviews more interesting than any Bills head coach of recent memory.

His native intelligence is very apparent despite his working-class demeanor. Marrone has very nice moments of honesty when he chooses to let his guard down.

The way he measures his words reveals very good intelligence, IMO.

You'll notice also that he's already addressing everyone by first name and when he was first hired, he was bantering with the national media members who were at the presser.

This guy commands the room and has a very strong, understated presence.

Even when he's guarded he's fascinating, IMO.

Did anybody else catch the tweets of several players yesterday afternoon? They were going on and on about the conditioning workout they went through at OBD. Aaron Williams tweeted that he threw up (cue the "well we threw up at his play" retorts).

The new staff is no joke.

I think Marrone had about 2 pounds of chewing tobacco buried between his cheek and gum extending into his lower jaw area. Looked like a squirrel getting ready for winter hibernation with all that pouching going on! :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

well done.

Buffalobills.com is also weird for me when it comes to watching videos. I have to open Firefox or Chrome (instead of Safari) to be able to view the videos. I have flash and all that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm glad to know it's not just me though.

I used to be able to see them in chrome but not in firefox. Then I realized I had an "adblock" plug-in, and as soon as I disabled it for buffalobills.com, the videos started working on firefox. It could easily be something like that on yours.

I used to be able to see them in chrome but not in firefox. Then I realized I had an "adblock" plug-in, and as soon as I disabled it for buffalobills.com, the videos started working on firefox. It could easily be something like that on yours.

Thanks for that tip. :thumbsup:

that was the first thing i noticed with marrone in that video and was extremely impressed. its nice to actually have a man coaching my team instead of my grandfather. new things at one bills drive and no nonsense. marrone is the man! love him already

I remember these same types of posts 3 years ago when Gailey took the TVs out of the weight room. Old school tough coach expects the players to work. God is it preseason yet please?

Reminds me of the comments I heard about how much of a hard a$$ Gregg Williams was and how he was going to whip our boys into shape.

It's all we got right now I guess, but we'll see what happens in about 3 months to get our first taste of how it translates on the field.

Marrone played in theNFL. I will assume he knows what it takes to be a pro football player. He has a history of cleaning house, see Syracuse, and getting everyone to conform to the rules and expectations of the program. Williams was in love this his own genius and Chan gave the vets too much respect and latitude. I am a retire senior Army NCO...I know how to be a hard butt and be fair to get the soliders to work as a cohesive unit. My gut says this man does not blow smoke but carries thru. I could be wrong but I judge him on his own actions and merits, not on those who came before him.