Opinions needed - company relaxed dress code somewhat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur.

I cannot wear jeans w/o sneakers. It's just wrong, and it undermines the comfort of casual attire.

What about something like a pair of Merrell Chameleons... Is that considered a "sneaker" or a light weight hiker?

Oh... and go "no show" sock.

Did they come with a walker?

LoL! Woot! What the new thing on the market: The HurryCane! LoL

You should have high socks with those. Black, but thicker, not a thin dress sock. Like these Gold Toes... That's all basic enough that you can wear just about any shirt and be fine.

Where were you when I asked the difference between dress and casual socks???

What about something like a pair of Merrell Chameleons... Is that considered a "sneaker" or a light weight hiker?

Oh... and go "no show" sock.

LoL! Woot! What the new thing on the market: The HurryCane! LoL

The Merrells are definitely hikers and not sneakers. However, I wear my Merrells on my walks daily, as they are the most comfortable footwear I've got. I've got 3 pair at all times (one for yardwork, a pair of above-ankle boots and a newer pair for daily wear that get switched out every couple years).

As far as the purchased shoes go ... definitely no white socks under any circumstance. Match the socks to the shirt, but keep 'em dark. Black belt at all times.

The Merrells are definitely hikers and not sneakers. However, I wear my Merrells on my walks daily, as they are the most comfortable footwear I've got. I've got 3 pair at all times (one for yardwork, a pair of above-ankle boots and a newer pair for daily wear that get switched out every couple years).

As far as the purchased shoes go ... definitely no white socks under any circumstance. Match the socks to the shirt, but keep 'em dark. Black belt at all times.

Almost the same here! I live in the Chameleons! LoL... Last time I was in Florida... They had a two for one deal @ Gander Mountain... Can never have too many... LoL... The mocha color is my favorite! ;-)

Almost the same here! I live in the Chameleons! LoL... Last time I was in Florida... They had a two for one deal @ Gander Mountain... Can never have too many... LoL... The mocha color is my favorite! ;-)

My Chameleons are my current "lawn shoes." They are blue/gray. I went through two pair of Chameleons over a few years. I prefer traditional laces, though. My "every day pair" were a Father's Day gift last year. They're still like new. My above-ankle boots I've had for at least 10 years. I probably wear them 5-10 times/year. I plan on those boots lasting forever!