LAMP-Running a marathon tomorrow

Stl Bills

I begin my training toward my first 5K on Sept 10. Baby steps!

Congrats and good luck on your marathon!!

Awesome...should have seen me five years ago..pack and half of Red Marlboros a day, 45 extra pounds.....5k then might as well of been 100 miles.

GL on the training

Awesome...should have seen me five years ago..pack and half of Red Marlboros a day, 45 extra pounds.....5k then might as well of been 100 miles.

GL on the training

Funny you say that. 15 months ago I was 38 pounds heavier and smoked over a pack of Marb lights/day. I've got 10 more pounds to go to get to my target weight and I haven't had a smoke since May 16th, 2012.

The 5k is going to be a huge deal for me. I am super-excited.

And congrats on your achievements!

Edit: thank you!!

Edited by Gugny

So, yeah...I am trying to get in to running another marathon and/or tough mudder, and a triathlon one day. My GF can't run, doesn't know how, and it bothers me. I have begun working with her on form and basic stuff. I take it for granted people know how to run. Some people just don't...I'm an excellent runner. :D

May 8th 2008 was my quit day...May must be the quit month! Still want a smoke every once in a while...

May 8th is my wedding anniversary date. At least one of us did something that will help us live longer.

So, yeah...I am trying to get in to running another marathon and/or tough mudder, and a triathlon one day. My GF can't run, doesn't know how, and it bothers me. I have begun working with her on form and basic stuff. I take it for granted people know how to run. Some people just don't...I'm an excellent runner. :D

Tris are fun, hardest part is finding the time for the long bike rides.

Good article bout tough mudders/ cross fit

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588609/crossfit-tough-mudders-color-runs-rise-social-physical-challenges

• 3 weeks later...

So my half is tomorrow, scared chitless I have not put in enough work...but nothing to do about that now!

First And Primary Goal..Get across the finish line ! I be happy just to do that

Second Goal .6.29.29 I did one 4 years back, 6.44 in that one 40m Swim, 3:20 bike, 2.20 run...10 minutes of transitions

Stupid Wild Ass Goal 5:59.59. 35m swim, 3:07 bike, 2:08 run. 10 minutes transitions.

If anybody really bored in the morning, think this will have the splits. I am bib 78

http://timing.broadleaf-inc.com/2012/Race/2013/E73E9843-E88A-4BE5-9F6D-29DDDC5BD5F8/Athletes/2/179

Edited by plenzmd1

Good luck!

So my half is tomorrow, scared chitless I have not put in enough work...but nothing to do about that now!

Second Goal .6.29.29 I did one 4 years back, 6.44 in that one 40m Swim, 3:20 bike, 2.20 run...10 minutes of transitions

Stupid Wild Ass Goal 5:59.59. 35m swim, 3:07 bike, 2:08 run. 10 minutes transitions.

If anybody really bored in the morning, think this will have the splits. I am bib 78

http://timing.broadl.../Athletes/2/179

http://timing.broadleaf-inc.com/2012/Race/2013/E73E9843-E88A-4BE5-9F6D-29DDDC5BD5F8/Athletes/2/179

Good luck

Best of luck,and kick some ass! Update us!

6 08. Rin and swim were good, bike sucked. Wind was kicking pretty hard on the bike and it is my worst event. Plus was way hillier than they described.

Came home feeling really bad, but power vomitted like Linda Blair... Got my Blue can in hans hand getting ready for the game!

Thank you for all the positive comments..appreciated