Geno Smith vs EJ Manuel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad this punk went to the Jests. He isnt' that good and never has been. He is a spoiled brat and a thug. His attitude sucks balls and I am really glad we took the QB we did

Geno a thug?... :lol:

You do know he's an artist right? He may very well be a moody, self absorbed brat...To be honest I have no idea...But a thug? No way... B-)

But the Jets are so bad, and in such disarray right now, it's hard to truly hate them. It's like hating a sick puppy.

Pretty much sums up how the rest of the league feels about the Bills. No one in their own division even considers them a rival.

I am so glad this punk went to the Jests. He isnt' that good and never has been. He is a spoiled brat and a thug. His attitude sucks balls and I am really glad we took the QB we did

i really don't think he is a thug at all. i haven't seen him carry himself that way. but i think that as an artist, he may indeed be very moody, passionate and emotional. it seems to me that geno smith is a very up and down kind of guy, he seems to have great confidence in himself with a tendency to get very frustrated when things are not going well. i actually hope that he can find some balance, because NY is not the place to be for that personality type.

Absolutely NO WAY to tell who's the best at this juncture... A better question is which QB starts week one. The Bills, at least have some options. Rex, on the other hand, simply CANNOT put Sanchez out there week one against the Buck-o's. I've never thought of Sancho as a bad QB. However, the lack of confidence created by the Tebow torpedo will have lasting effects on his performance.

I expect that Geno will be the undisputed starter by the third pre-season game. Whether or not he can hold onto the Job is another story... For now, the Jets are primed to be the worst team in the AFCE, and I'm enjoying that.

Edited by #34fan

I'm not sure what Smith has done to deserve the "thug" label... Did he do something violent? -Get caught with drugs... -Have a gun episode?

Or, are people just throwing that out there because it's an easy sell?

I followed this kid's entire college carreer from his first start on, and I'm not aware of any criminal activity whatsoever.

He's a winer. Let's just leave it at that, until he EARNS a more dangerous label.

I'm not sure what Smith has done to deserve the "thug" label... Did he do something violent? -Get caught with drugs... -Have a gun episode?

Or, are people just throwing that out there because it's an easy sell?

I followed this kid's entire college carreer from his first start on, and I'm not aware of any criminal activity whatsoever.

He's a winer. Let's just leave it at that, until he EARNS a more dangerous label.

I honestly think it's because of how Geno looks--mainly his face. I don't personally think he's a thug, I don't know enough about him to make that determination. But I think other people give him the thug label solely based on what he looks like. EJ just looks like a personable guy. Geno doesn't. It's not fair at all, but this may be the reason why people are throwing this label at him.

I honestly think it's because of how Geno looks--mainly his face. I don't personally think he's a thug, I don't know enough about him to make that determination. But I think other people give him the thug label solely based on what he looks like. EJ just looks like a personable guy. Geno doesn't. It's not fair at all, but this may be the reason why people are throwing this label at him.

No offense to the OP, but I don't buy that one for a second. -His face? :lol:

Is there a large scar, or an eyepatch somewhere? How about misssing teeth?.....No?

I think If he were a thug, his name would be BABYFACE Smith... -I find nothing intimidating about his looks whasoever.

While I understand that Geno is a Jet, and everything the Jets do is up for ridicule by Bills fans.

The comments regarding his maturity in the green room on day 1 are off base. He's a kid. It was the biggest night of his football life, he didn't get picked. How would anyone his age react? Jump up and down? I remember a guy named Thomas that was stiffed day one. He was a bit pissed off too. And he talked about it for a long time. Big deal.

I give the guy a pass on that night, since in the big scheme of the NFL it's meaningless and way to silly to judge the guys character on.

Imagine what Tom Brady looked like through the first few rounds on draft day(s) - and, we all know it really, really bothered him, since he still cites it as motivation for beating teams down. I have to agree (a bit with both sides, here) - Geno IS only a kid; and, furthermore, none of us really knows anything about him, probably. He might end up being the best QB in this draft, and one of the best in the NFL. We just don't know yet.

And, as far as I'm concerned, I don't care - I like that we got EJ, and I DO like EJ's ability to carry himself and the way he'll be the face of our franchise. Time will ultimately tell which was the right pick to make, though - and although these 2 QB's will always be compared to each other, I think Barkley and Wilson will also prove to be good enough QB's to be brought up, in future years, as comparisons to EJ and the Bill's choice.

Comparing Smith and Manuel today is akin to comparing two people who have not yet been born and arguing which one will be a better NFL QB.

I don't care how they talk or what they say. I care about how they perform. Until they actually play I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks about these two. NFL GM's make wrong choices all the time. It is a hit and miss game. Drawing conclusions from press conferences or how they acted on draft day is ridiculous.

I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Stay classy. But naming calling a 22 yo you never met on a message board is the definition of class. But Geno is the punk I guess.

By the way he acts yes he is. By the reports that come out about him, yes he is. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck...