The Starting QB for 2013-14 Buffalo Bills ??

MClem06

Marrone immediately after the draft in the press conference stated that it would be an open QB competition. There are conflicting articles in the media that Bills intend to groom EJ behind Kolb. You just spent a 1st rounder on a QB that isn't going to see the field? If he goes into camp and loses the competition to Kolb what does that say about him to the fans / media? Doesn't do much for his confidence either. What's the right thing to do here? Do we throw him in sink or swim , ease him in and chalk this year up to mediocre play (Kelly Holcomb-Kolb) or make him compete to win the job in camp?

I love the first round. Lets go get two big bastards at WR & TE for EJ to toss it to.

Here we go already. The "Franchise" QB has to play right away even though he isn't close to being a NFL ready starter. It's a lose-lose situation. He starts right away and isn't very good. He can't beat out Kolb and therefore isn't very good. Go ahead, wreck him right out of the starting gate.

Kevin Kolb.

Manuel isn't going to be ready, and he isn't going to be better than Kolb in week 1. His growth and progress is best if he has some more time to really learn the system and the NFL speed in practice, and wait for Kolb to stumble or get hurt later in the year. I would like if he can get some snaps on the field earlier, but I'm fine if he doesn't start any of our first 8 games.