If you don't believe in global warming, you're standing in the

Hey, don't lump me in with all the other rightys. I don't question global warming, global cooling, climate change because Bill Nye the Science Guy says it's true. And I think we both know the only truths in this world are found from Bill Nye and Season 1 of "Zoom."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlmZa20MLU

Such a typical response from you. Perhaps I'll create an LABillz bot to auto-generate LABillz-worthy responses. It might even pass the Turing Test if I can somehow make it less one dimensional than the real thing. Quite the challenge. :rolleyes:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a typical response from you. Perhaps I'll create an LABillz bot to auto-generate LABillz-worthy responses. It might even pass the Turing Test if I can somehow make it less one dimensional than the real thing. Quite the challenge. :rolleyes:

Don't you find it a waste of time to argue on behalf of global warming, global cooling, climate change when the scientists you cite as authorities admitted their research is manufactured and flawed?

But I'm the drone. :lol:

Don't you find it a waste of time to argue on behalf of global warming, global cooling, climate change when the scientists you cite as authorities admitted their research is manufactured and flawed?

But I'm the drone. :lol:

I didn't realize you are a climate scientist.

I'm not. But I watch Bill Nye. So I'm as close to being a climate scientist as Gene.

Yeah but you're both Lay men. Only ordained members of the Clergy are allowed to interpret the Scriptures.

Why can't just get back in line and believe what you're told to believe like brother Gene.

I tell you, this Gutennberg press thing is an agent of the devil

Letting people read the scriptures and draw their own conclusions is bad for business

Edited by /dev/null

Why can't just get back in line and believe what you're told to believe like brother Gene.

Ya gotta hand it to Gene.He believes in global warming, global cooling, climate change because of the all the scientific data on the subject, but when Tom says it's that very data that makes him not believe, Gene's response is "Oh, I didn't know you were a climate scientist."

But I'm the autobot.

Oh for the love of Jeebus, not this again!

But, since this a subject that gets more political argument than scientific, I suppose I'll play along for a very SHORT time:

1.Carbon dioxide WILL and DOES absorb in the infrared portion of the EM spectrum. This is an indisputable fact of the physical and chemical world.

2. There is no way to definitively prove or disprove anthropogenic effect upon atmospheric CO2, simply because we haven't been studying it long enough.

3. We do not have a good understanding of the natural feedback mechanisms for CO2, and do not know their limits, e.g., the role of the oceans as a sink for carbonate.

All of this equates to we don’t know if or how much we are affecting the environment. Anyone tells you different, then DC Tom has a nametag for you.

Also, you cannot talk about climate change and separate increasing temperature and global cooling, since they are absolutely linked. Google Thermohaline Circulation and learn about the connections between CO2 – Air Temperature – ice formation/melting– salinity – Global weather patterns if you want to have meaningful discussions on this subject. Anything else is just political BS…

Edited by TheMadCap

Ya gotta hand it to Gene.He believes in global warming, global cooling, climate change because of the all the scientific data on the subject, but when Tom says it's that very data that makes him not believe, Gene's response is "Oh, I didn't know you were a climate scientist."

But I'm the autobot.

Please show me the part where I "believe" in global warming, global cooling, climate change.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

I'm not. But I watch Bill Nye. So I'm as close to being a climate scientist as Gene.

Exactly. But you are completely sure it's all BS. Which is my point.

That's really good new, actually. Natural gas is a wonderful alternative to coal or oil. I'm also a pro nuclear/pro-fracking looney lib too.

Lemming retards...

Oh for the love of Jeebus, not this again!

But, since this a subject that gets more political argument than scientific, I suppose I'll play along for a very SHORT time:

1.Carbon dioxide WILL and DOES absorb in the infrared portion of the EM spectrum. This is an indisputable fact of the physical and chemical world.

2. There is no way to definitively prove or disprove anthropogenic effect upon atmospheric CO2, simply because we haven't been studying it long enough.

3. We do not have a good understanding of the natural feedback mechanisms for CO2, and do not know their limits, e.g., the role of the oceans as a sink for carbonate.

All of this equates to we don’t know if or how much we are affecting the environment. Anyone tells you different, then DC Tom has a nametag for you.

Also, you cannot talk about climate change and separate increasing temperature and global cooling, since they are absolutely linked. Google Thermohaline Circulation and learn about the connections between CO2 – Air Temperature – ice formation/melting– salinity – Global weather patterns if you want to have meaningful discussions on this subject. Anything else is just political BS…

But, but, but...global warming is a FRAUD!!!

Oh, so you think it's all bullschitt, too? Nice to see we agree on something.

No, dipshit, I'm saying I don't know. Neither do you, so shut your face and let it play out. ;)

But, but, but...global warming is a FRAUD!!!

No, dipshit, I'm saying I don't know. Neither do you, so shut your face and let it play out. ;)

So you saying you don't know puts you right square in the middle of the circle jerk.

Conner thinks you're scientifically illiterate.

Chad Kroeger thinks you give Canada a bad name.

So you saying you don't know puts you right square in the middle of the circle jerk.

Sure it does, buddy, sure it does. Nothing but healthy skepticism every time this topic comes up, right? :rolleyes:

Neither do you, so shut your face and let it play out. ;)

let what play out.....legislation and policy intended to restrict our use of fossil fuels by making them so expensive as to be impractical to use, in order to force us to adopt more expensive alternatives when the science behind the movement is either flawed or incomplete? if it was simply a matter of waiting for science to gain a more complete understanding before we reacted by adapting a national energy policy based on that science, then people might be more content to 'let it play out'.