Per Ian Rapoport: Bills like Barkley in 2nd round

Ramius

The fact that Nassib played in snow in college will make him such a better NFL QB than Barkley. Also, we have 1 December home game. Again, would not take Peyton Manning (not saying Barkley is close to him, but making a point) because he struggles in colld weather games (like 95% of QBs do)?

And I still don't recall beyond the Pinstripe game (and I could need to be enlightened here) when Nassib played in snow in college. Myth-making 101 around here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that Nassib played in snow in college will make him such a better NFL QB than Barkley. Also, we have 1 December home game. Again, would not take Peyton Manning (not saying Barkley is close to him, but making a point) because he struggles in colld weather games (like 95% of QBs do)?

Sarcasm? Man you guys are really reaching and twisting what I said. I said you have to know how to play in the conditions. It's different than when the conditions are perfect. Simple as that. Sorry, it's the truth. It's tough with the wind and it's tough to even grab the ball when your hands are frozen solid. Someone living in Cali has no idea what that is all about. Barkley might end up being the greatest cold weather QB in NFL history. I'm just saying as of now he has no experience in it and it could go either way. At least Nassib has some experience and they can look at tape and see how he handles the conditions. No such scouting tape exists for Barkley so it's a gamble. Barkley's lack of arm strength might be a big issue when the conditions get rough. Something to consider

I said you have to know how to play in the conditions. It's different than when the conditions are perfect. Simple as that. Sorry, it's the truth. It's tough with the wind and it's tough to even grab the ball when your hands are frozen solid.

Nassib plays in a dome. Where conditions are more perfect than they are in socal. There is no wind, no shadow games to play, and certainly no cold or rain.

Nassib plays in a dome. Where conditions are more perfect than they are in socal. There is no wind, no shadow games to play, and certainly no cold or rain.

Great, can you read above where we then went into a discussion about how Nassib grew up in PA and has played in the snow many times? I'm not as experienced as any of these guys (clearly) but I've played in the snow probably 100's of times between pee wee, high school, sandlot games, etc. Growing up in the northeast as well, I'm sure Nassib has plenty of experience and game tape out there of him playing in the snow for the scouts to examine

Great, can you read above where we then went into a discussion about how Nassib grew up in PA and has played in the snow many times? I'm not as experienced as any of these guys (clearly) but I've played in the snow probably 100's of times between pee wee, high school, sandlot games, etc. Growing up in the northeast as well, I'm sure Nassib has plenty of experience and game tape out there of him playing in the snow for the scouts to examine

Many times? What's many times? And I didn't realize playing in snow in High School, translates to playing in crap conditions in the NFL. High school season's are roughly 8-game seasons... Maybe 2 of those were snow for Nassib... So if he started all 4 years in High School, maybe he played in 8? maybe...

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Many times? What's many times? And I didn't realize playing in snow in High School, translates to playing in crap conditions in the NFL. High school season's are roughly 8-game seasons... Maybe 2 of those were snow for Nassib... So if he started all 4 years in High School, maybe he played in 8? maybe...

All experience is good. As I just said in that post you quoted, I have played 100's of times in the snow growing up and I'm sure I haven't played as much as these guys have especially with practices and workouts etc. Nassib has plenty of experience in the snow as all QB's growing up in the northeast do Edited by kdiggz

I saw 1 picture of him playing in snow in high school. I'm glad that you have pee wee, hs, and sandlot experience. That has NOTHING to do with facing down a pass rush of people bigger, faster, and stronger than you that want to hurt you or how Ryan Nassib will handle the elements.

It has been stated over and over again (but you prob still won't listen) many if not all qbs struggle in cold weather, any game that will effect the qb of the Bills will effect the qb of the other team as well, we play maybe 1 or 2 games a year where weather is even a factor, most football players regardless of position are from warm weather climates, Nassib played the majority of his games in a dome not in the elements, and Nassib struggled in the pinstripe bowl while playing in the elements (11-23 for 130 yards).

All experience is good. As I just said in that post you quoted, I have played 100's of times in the snow growing up and I'm sure I haven't played as much as these guys have especially with practices and workouts etc. Nassib has plenty of experience in the snow as all QB's growing up in the northeast do

HS football ends in late october/early november, SU practices and plays in a dome, geography does not neccesitate elements.

I saw 1 picture of him playing in snow in high school. I'm glad that you have pee wee, hs, and sandlot experience. That has NOTHING to do with facing down a pass rush of people bigger, faster, and stronger than you that want to hurt you or how Ryan Nassib will handle the elements.

It has been stated over and over again (but you prob still won't listen) many if not all qbs struggle in cold weather, any game that will effect the qb of the Bills will effect the qb of the other team as well, we play maybe 1 or 2 games a year where weather is even a factor, most football players regardless of position are from warm weather climates, Nassib played the majority of his games in a dome not in the elements, and Nassib struggled in the pinstripe bowl while playing in the elements (11-23 for 130 yards).

HS football ends in late october/early november, SU practices and plays in a dome, geography does not neccesitate elements.

I think you need to re-read this. I've already addressed the "he's a dome qb" argument. Let's move on

I think you need to re-read this. I've already addressed the "he's a dome qb" argument. Let's move on

And I believe I addressed your "I played peewee football so Ryan Nassib is good in the snow" comments so yes let us....

And I believe I addressed your "I played peewee football so Ryan Nassib is good in the snow" comments so yes let us....

Wtf are you talking about? I said growing up in the northeast you play tons of times in the snow. I did so I'm sure Ryan did too. Clearly you don't get it because according to you he has only played in a dome. Maybe the Vikings should draft him

Wtf are you talking about? I said growing up in the northeast you play tons of times in the snow. I did so I'm sure Ryan did too. Clearly you don't get it because according to you he has only played in a dome. Maybe the Vikings should draft him

No you don't get it. His RELEVANT experience is playing in a dome. I don't care about pee-wee or sand lot. Yes he grew up in PA and I'm sure that he played in his backyard when there was snow on the ground. That doesn't make him better at it. It also doesn't show or prove that he can do it. You are knocking one person for not playing in the elements while crediting someone else who plays in a dome. It just doesn't make any sense. Unless you think that every kid who grew up in the northeast is good at playing in the snow because they have done it before you haven't brought any proof to your argument.

No you don't get it. His RELEVANT experience is playing in a dome. I don't care about pee-wee or sand lot. Yes he grew up in PA and I'm sure that he played in his backyard when there was snow on the ground. That doesn't make him better at it. It also doesn't show or prove that he can do it. You are knocking one person for not playing in the elements while crediting someone else who plays in a dome. It just doesn't make any sense. Unless you think that every kid who grew up in the northeast is good at playing in the snow because they have done it before you haven't brought any proof to your argument.

Like I said, READ. I never said anyone was better than anyone at it. I said he has experience. You got what you wanted out of what I said. They might look at Nassib and say wow he sucks when he plays in snow. That's up to the scouts to decide. They don't have any info on Barkley in those conditions so it's a question mark

This all reminds me of Rob Johnson losing a shoe and running for 30 yards without one and people went nuts about how great that was. "He ran with one shoe!! Did you see that?! One shoe!!"

You know how hard it is to run with one shoe?

It's simple. My five year old niece could do it.

You know long it takes to get used to running with one shoe?

Two steps. At the most.

You can learn how to play in the snow in about 20 minutes.

This all reminds me of Rob Johnson losing a shoe and running for 30 yards without one and people went nuts about how great that was. "He ran with one shoe!! Did you see that?! One shoe!!"

Two steps. At the most.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Funny, yet true!

I heard from a little birdie today that we really are looking at QB at 8. Funny, but this year, the closer we get to the draft, the less I think I know about what the team is going to do. They could go so many ways.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Nassib. But I wouldn't put more than a 24.83% chance of it happening.

There is so much smoke out there, you would think that Snoop Dog rolled into town

Two steps. At the most.

Very true.

Two steps. At the most.

Kelly keeping it real.

I would add: it takes 15 minutes to learn how to play in the snow, if you have a strong arm. It takes 10 minutes, if you have a strong arm, and are mentally tough.

Playing in the snow or not...is nothing compared to skill set, and attitude.

I have this feeling that, if we don't trade down, we'll take Tavon Austin with the 8th pick. It'll be just like the CJ Spiller Pick.

You mean for the next two years most everyone will be screaming that Austin is a bust and then the third year most everyone will be screaming Marrone didn't know how to use him for two years and now he's one of the best players in the league?