Prospects you've had a change of heart on?

I initially wasn't keen on Robert Woods at all, now I'd be very happy to take him in the 2nd.

I was sold on Tyler Bray 3 months ago, now I only pick him in the 4th at best. Poor decision making, lazy in the pocket and inconsistent.

Any others?

THe thought of drafting tavon Austin @8 initially made me ill. At this point in time, I'd be really happy about it. I think he's the best open field runner on earth. Having him out there with Stevie, Cj, Fred and Tj can be scary. Sure, we still need a QB, but I think tavon will be a special player. Selecting warmack, cooper or Eifert at 8 made me ill months ago too. I'd be ok with them now, although trading down and getting one is optimal.

Initially I thought nassib and Manuel would be available in rd 2 or 3. Now it'll probably have to happen at 8 or via trade down into rd 1, and that's fine by me. I just hope we draft a guy that becomes a stud, regardless of position. Although I think nassib or Barkley will be the pick at 8.

When I first began studying up on these QB's, the one QB who I really didn't like was Nassib. Now, overall I loved certain things about him - the intangibles - his toughness, his intelligence, his ability to operate successfully a pro-style offense. What I didn't at all like was the amount of throws he made the recievers had to stop, or adjust their body, to catch. He just didn't seem like he anticipated the routes, or maybe he just didn't have a strong enough throwing ability to hit guys in stride down the field. That bothered the heck out of me, probably a bit of an overreaction because of Fitzpatrick.

However - that throwing behind still bothers me - but if guys who are professionals, like Bill Polian, Cossell, even Joe B. on WGR, and Buffalo Rumblings editor, they all like Nassib as a prospect and say his arm is strong and more than capable of making all the throws with anticipation. So - I've changed my mind about him NOT BECAUSE I SEE IT, but because I trust my own inability to judge better than a group of experts. Nassib is certainly smart - the biggest factor for QB success, IMO, along with toughness (Trent Edwards big flaw), and of course arm strength - so, if his throws are good enough, I'll accept him as a prospect for us.

Matt Barkley.

Everybody talks about a weak arm and lack of mobility. Well, they said the same thing about Brady, Brees and Montana.

Edit: found this on a past Bills message board about Brady.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?454262-Tom-Brady-s-2000-pre-draft-scouting-report-Sound-familiar

Edit 2: found this on a Saints message board/Brees' scouting report.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/drew-brees-draft-report-222842/#.UXhgiGS9Kc1

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I initially wasn't keen on Robert Woods at all, now I'd be very happy to take him in the 2nd.

I was sold on Tyler Bray 3 months ago, now I only pick him in the 4th at best. Poor decision making, lazy in the pocket and inconsistent.

Any others?

the Steelers are supposedly interested in Bray in the second or third round.

w.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162268/article/are-steelers-ready-to-draft-a-qb-like-tyler-bray

I always liked this kid and love his arm. A team like the Steelers will work out his maturity problems and give the kid a year or two to develop sitting behind Big Ben. My take is if there is one franchise 'elite" QB in this years draft its Bray. If given the right time & place to develop. The rest of the QB's are all career backups, if that, JMO.

The problem is there is such a long period between the end of the season and the draft. Naturally the media, ratings whores that they are just keep stirring up the controversy. Guys moving up the charts, guys moving down the charts...blah..blah..blah. I almost wish the draft were the week after the super bowl. Cancel that boring combine too! Just git r done already !

These talking heads IMO are what causes folks to have a change of heart on a player. Every player that enters this draft is the same player he was when he played his last college game..PERIOD.

I honestly haven't wavered a lot since my initial draft thoughts...... For the reason stated above. I've watched these guys be wrong MANY times over the years with their player evaluations.

I'll leave it to the front office to get it hopefully mostly right this year. Its all I can do. I can analyze it to death and it wont change anything.

And lastly.....I'll be glad when the draft is over !! LOL !

Go Bills !!

jb

Three votes for Tavon Austin.

Any team with an average quarterback, a good offensive coordinator, a good O-line, Spiller, Freddy, Stevie and Tavon Austin could do a lot of damage.

Austin might be the only elite talent available when the Bills draft at #8.

Of course EJ Manuel is an elite talent but Austin is the guy I've had a change of heart about.

Three votes for Tavon Austin.

Any team with an average quarterback, a good offensive coordinator, a good O-line, Spiller, Freddy, Stevie and Tavon Austin could do a lot of damage.

Austin might be the only elite talent available when the Bills draft at #8.

Of course EJ Manuel is an elite talent but Austin is the guy I've had a change of heart about.

I am just going to 2nd this