According the Chris Brown........

There is no way they trade out of that pick at 8 if Lane Johnson is there. A successful QB plays behind an offensive line that can protect him. With Johnson and Glenn as bookend tackles protection will be A1. This is the type of protection Kolb and the incoming QB will need to excel. I still think the Bills target QB in this draft is Mike Glennon. He will come in and sit behind Kolb for 1/2 the season unless Kolb has them in playoff contention. Glennon's upside is the best of any QB(IMO) in the draft. He has size (will add bulk with training staff), arm strength, accuracy(drops aren't accounted for), anticipation, and he had many come from behind victories in college. Just a smoke screen!

This would be way more comfortable than picking some QB at 8

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bills plan to try to trade down in R1 (to the teens or 20s) to acquire more picks and will then plan to select a QB at that time in R1. They are hoping that certain players such WR Austin or OT L. Johnson are still available at #8 so that other teams will offer a bevy of draft picks to move up to #8 overall. It's pretty cler that the Bill want to select a QB as their top priority in this draft, but that they don't feel like any of the QBs warrant being selected as high as #8 overall. The trade down strategy would work out the best for the Bills because it would allow them to select the QB that they want in R1 while still acquiring more picks whereas selecting a player at #8 overall and then trying to trade back into the latter part of R1 will cost them too many of the precious few draft picks (6) that they have at their disposal. Brown also made it clear that the Bills are looking to acquire a CB as a very high priority now that A. Williams has been moved to safety.

Well if they miss out on a guy they want and settle for a lesser QB the entire fan base needs to revolt

the Bills plan to try to trade down in R1 (to the teens or 20s) to acquire more picks and will then plan to select a QB at that time in R1. They are hoping that certain players such WR Austin or OT L. Johnson are still available at #8 so that other teams will offer a bevy of draft picks to move up to #8 overall. It's pretty cler that the Bill want to select a QB as their top priority in this draft, but that they don't feel like any of the QBs warrant being selected as high as #8 overall. The trade down strategy would work out the best for the Bills because it would allow them to select the QB that they want in R1 while still acquiring more picks whereas selecting a player at #8 overall and then trying to trade back into the latter part of R1 will cost them too many of the precious few draft picks (6) that they have at their disposal. Brown also made it clear that the Bills are looking to acquire a CB as a very high priority now that A. Williams has been moved to safety.

yeah yeah yeah... everyone wants to trade down.... takes two to tango

yeah yeah yeah... everyone wants to trade down.... takes two to tango

Oh good grief!!! :doh:

16 picks were traded in the 1st Round of the 2012 NFL Draft...This idea that is SO impossible to find that mysterious trade partner is laughable...The Rookie wage scale has changed everything...There will be plenty of opportunities for the Bills to trade down if they wish to do it... B-)

Oh good grief!!! :doh:

16 picks were traded in the 1st Round of the 2012 NFL Draft...This idea that is SO impossible to find that mysterious trade partner is laughable...The Rookie wage scale has changed everything...There will be plenty of opportunities for the Bills to trade down if they wish to do it... B-)

Agreed. IF there is a player still there worth the #8 pick. It doesn't seem like the stud, top end talent is out there like in previous years. Only very good players that can make an impact on teams, evidenced by the ever-so-changing mock drafts everyone puts out. Not many consensus top 10 picks. I see a lot of players being called very talented but "raw".

The Bills will select Nassib at 8 if he's there. He's not worth selecting at 8, but they feel they got burned missing on Tim Tebow and won't make that mistake again, even if it did work out. Last year taught us that the trade floor is wide open, so it's hard to predict how things will fall out and who will be selecting where. If they get Nassib at 8, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade out of 41 to get those extra picks.

Whenever I want to know what the Bills want me to feel about what I already know, I read Chris Brown. I'd sooner believe Mort.

The Bills will select Nassib at 8 if he's there. He's not worth selecting at 8, but they feel they got burned missing on Tim Tebow and won't make that mistake again, even if it did work out. Last year taught us that the trade floor is wide open, so it's hard to predict how things will fall out and who will be selecting where. If they get Nassib at 8, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade out of 41 to get those extra picks.

Whenever I want to know what the Bills want me to feel about what I already know, I read Chris Brown. I'd sooner believe Mort.

The bolded is a ludicrous statement.