Did you buy EA Sports Madden between 2003 and 2012?

Just Jack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to get my money through ny paycheck. Unbelievable that people joined this suit. Did EA come to your house and steal your money? No, you wanted to play a silly game, paid the marked price for it,and because some nerd decided EA was unfair because the 2K games didn't have the players names and it wasn't as fun, you've tried to take EA for money on a game you likely played for hours on end.

Pathetic.

Totally agree that it is extremely pathetic. I willfully purchased madden 2008 and 2013. This lawsuit is everything that is wrong in the world of lawsuits and lawyers.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I prefer to get my money through ny paycheck. Unbelievable that people joined this suit. Did EA come to your house and steal your money? No, you wanted to play a silly game, paid the marked price for it,and because some nerd decided EA was unfair because the 2K games didn't have the players names and it wasn't as fun, you've tried to take EA for money on a game you likely played for hours on end.

Pathetic.

What a simple point of view. Not sure who peed in your cheerios, but you pretending you know something about this topic is as absurd as some of the people around here thinking they could be the gm of the Bills. You join lawsuit you bad. It's absurd.

96.21 got the check today. Thanks to Just Jack for posting the original thread and giving me a little extra pocket money.

As far as those that act like there's something wrong with filing for the settlement remember one key point, EA settled the lawsuit out of court. Now whether or not there was a valid case EA voluntarily chose to not bring it to trial. I'm sure there was some validity to the claims against them. But it doesn't matter because I have been a loyal customer of theirs for 24 years. If they decided that indeed I paid too much due to their anti-competitive practices, damn right I'm going to sign up to get my check.

Totally agree that it is extremely pathetic. I willfully purchased madden 2008 and 2013. This lawsuit is everything that is wrong in the world of lawsuits and lawyers.

Everyone is looking for a free lunch.... the average consumer would steal $20 from their mom if they thought they "deserved" it and has no respect for and no concept of what it takes to risk capital and resources to develop and produce a product.

It's why Asia is kicking our tail and eating our lunch. They are hungry to succed not mooch....

damn right I'm going to sign up to get my check.

There it is in a nutshell

Everyone is looking for a free lunch.... the average consumer would steal $20 from their mom if they thought they "deserved" it and has no respect for and no concept of what it takes to risk capital and resources to develop and produce a product.

It's why Asia is kicking our tail and eating our lunch. They are hungry to succed not mooch....

I find the people most likely to steal that 20 bucks are the ones that claim everyone else would do the same. And as far as Asia goes, have you ever been? I wouldn't trust my 20 bucks anywhere except Japan.

...but you pretending you know something about this topic is as absurd as...

This is about as complicated as chasing an ambulance, slipping on a banana in the super market or spilling hot coffee.

I find the people most likely to steal that 20 bucks are the ones that claim everyone else would do the same. And as far as Asia goes, have you ever been? I wouldn't trust my 20 bucks anywhere except Japan.

Yeah, been doing biz with Foxconn for years. They work their azzes of for pennies.

Also I bought at least 6 madden games to date and opted out of the class action because it's just lawyers chasing deep pockets and a cost decision to settle. I know this game.

Want to know how patent attorneys play a similar game? They use the same business model.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

96.21 got the check today. Thanks to Just Jack for posting the original thread and giving me a little extra pocket money.

As far as those that act like there's something wrong with filing for the settlement remember one key point, EA settled the lawsuit out of court. Now whether or not there was a valid case EA voluntarily chose to not bring it to trial. I'm sure there was some validity to the claims against them. But it doesn't matter because I have been a loyal customer of theirs for 24 years. If they decided that indeed I paid too much due to their anti-competitive practices, damn right I'm going to sign up to get my check.

yup this

A for years i paid for a product that could have been better, without all the glitches, so yea i felt i deserve some money.

I paid out way more than the money i received, so EA still wins. No matter if you filed or not.

Yeah, been doing biz with Foxconn for years. They work their azzes of for pennies.

That's not the same thing as knowing Asians. Hell, I guess I could make the claim that I've done business with them since I've owned an Iphone for the past four years. The point is you seem to put Asians on a pedestal because of their ability to get their countrymen to work for pennies. It doesn't make them any more noble, just more desperate.

As far as your assertion that somehow signing up to receive money collected in a settlement that I'm legally entitled to is somehow greedy and damaging to the national character. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because EA was the one that did something wrong and agreed to take the slap on the wrist. All I did was honestly answer an online questionnaire about how many of their products I bought. If you want to save a multi-billion dollar corporation a few dollars then feel free, but the rest of us would appreciate it if you toned down the hyperbole.

This is about as complicated as chasing an ambulance, slipping on a banana in the super market or spilling hot coffee.

Wait so a guy that is lecturing about morality is now telling us how proud he is squeezing pennies out of cheap labor from Foxconn. Do tell more...

yup this

A for years i paid for a product that could have been better, without all the glitches, so yea i felt i deserve some money.

I paid out way more than the money i received, so EA still wins. No matter if you filed or not.

Don't take this the wrong way bufcomments, but didn't you boast back in June about how you bought all the games on eBay "for cheap"? Did you end up paying more money than you got for the games?

Don't take this the wrong way bufcomments, but didn't you boast back in June about how you bought all the games on eBay "for cheap"? Did you end up paying more money than you got for the games?

Honestly, it probably should've been just for initial sales - and even then bought early in the release process due to the nature of the game market.... But obviously that's near impossible. EA could be paying out $20 to a guy that bought it for 29 then sold it for 6 then $20 more to a guy that bought it for $12 and $20 to his friend who just wanted free money

Has anyone else not received their check? I was excited bc I had forgotten all about this but came home to nothing :-/.

If you read the thread I earlier summarized just how bad of a company ea is. This money was their for the taking for anyone that qualified. It would be stupid not to make a claim. I didn't sue anyone and the money would be their regardless of me claiming or not.

Has anyone else not received their check? I was excited bc I had forgotten all about this but came home to nothing :-/.

If you read the thread I earlier summarized just how bad of a company ea is. This money was their for the taking for anyone that qualified. It would be stupid not to make a claim. I didn't sue anyone and the money would be their regardless of me claiming or not.

I haven't either

I got mine yesterday for $5.85. I honestly only had one game left I could still account for (2011 I think) and figured I didn't want to bother with verifying crap if they ended up calling me to confirm. Was there ever verification? Oh well, good for you guys that got $100 bucks!

if you want to check the status i gave the phone number about a page back -- few minutes on hold but got everything squared away.

sure i did buy EA games for cheap but for plenty of years I payed full price for them as well.

I have been buying Madden almost every year since it came out. Just in the last few years I have been waiting for the price to come down because like most people feel that the product quality of the game has slipped, mainly due to the fact they had no comp because of the deal with the NFL.

So I feel justified by making my claim. Regardless of how you spin it. :)

Edited by Bufcomments

Monopolies are illegal. This is how they are punished after the fact. If you don't like it, write your congress representatives and let them know how you feel about it.

Booooo....logic and a basic grasp of the situation.

Yeah, because corporate law, monopolistic practices, price gouging and unfair businesses practices are all simple matters that Cellino and Barnes could handle. Maybe it's time to stop painting things with such broad strokes and start taking things on a case by case basis. I'm willing to bet you have read very little about this and are merely voicing your uninformed opinion.

And that is truly what's wrong with this country. An uniformed populace thinking they know everything about everything.

Edited by Thisistheyear