Barney Frank Making The Boston Marathon Tragedy Political

Slow cookers are for people who don't know how to cook. I'm sure your cream of mushroom soup braised short ribs are the exception though.

Explain yourself.

Proteins are (almost) always best cooked using an open flame.

Use a smoker (applewood or cherrywood specifically).

Grind some peppercorns and sea salt over your short ribs. create a tented bowl out of tinfoil and place the short ribs and 4 or 5 sweet spanish onions and shallots into it.

Pour in 2 or 3 shots of your favorite burbon, and a can and 1/2 of Coke.

Crimp the edges of your foil to seal, and place in smoker for about 8 hours.

Eat.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proteins are (almost) always best cooked using an open flame.

Use a smoker (applewood or cherrywood specifically).

Grind some peppercorns and sea salt over your short ribs. create a tented bowl out of tinfoil and place the short ribs and 4 or 5 sweet spanish onions and shallots into it.

Pour in 2 or 3 shots of your favorite burbon, and a can and 1/2 of Coke.

Crimp the edges of your foil to seal, and place in smoker for about 8 hours.

Eat.

When I want smoked short ribs then I smoke short ribs. Like two weeks ago when I smoked a rack of beef chuck ribs. When I want braised ribs with a sauce, I use a pressure cooker.

Essentially you've said that my preparation of apples is flawed because you prefer oranges.

When I want smoked short ribs then I smoke short ribs. Like two weeks ago when I smoked a rack of beef chuck ribs. When I want braised ribs with a sauce, I use a pressure cooker.

Essentially you've said that my preparation of apples is flawed because you prefer oranges.

I'd still opt for slow and low over an open flame in a 2 inch pan with a vented insert, plastic wrapped and foiled to create the seal, opening them to braise or inject every hour.

Only here can a thread about Barney Frank and the Boston bombing turn into an argument of braising vs smoking. :lol:

Frank=Hot dog=kinda bbq related?

Personally I enjoy marinated short ribs and braised in the oven served over a delightful garlic mash.

yes, yes, and explosives were originally designed to be weapons, or at least as a tool of war, as well. :rolleyes: You're being an idiot. Did you forget why the Nobel Prize exists, there Mr. Physicist? Edit: And, before you answer...make sure you know why I asked that. Hint: I don't buy the philsophy behind it at all.

The human behavior is all that matters, and you know it, unless you are an unmitigated moron. Acting like human behavior is less at fault, when it comes to guns, and more at fault when it comes to pressure cookers...

IS moral relativism.

The moral basis for our society(which does exist) is predicated on the exercise of free will, properly. It's about choices. Telling me that a Chicago gangster who chooses to kill somebody with a handgun, is more moral...because of all the standard, liberal excuses, than these two Chechnyan clowns...because they chose to use pressure cookers?

That's f'ing retarded, never mind BS.

We should place exactly 0 focus on any inanimate object, never mind its design, and 100% focus on what human beings choose to do with them.

So you disagree with my argument that objects are morally neutral, and the difference between kitchen utensils and guns is not one of moral relativism. And you disagree with me by pointing out that we should put no focus on the object itself but the use, which is exactly what I just said. And you proceed to call the absolute lack of any moral criteria inherent in an object "moral relativism".

And thus having completely misunderstood the term "moral relativism," and disagreed with me by agreeing with me, you think I'M the idiot? Are you high? :lol:

Slow cookers are for people who don't know how to cook. I'm sure your cream of mushroom soup braised short ribs are the exception though.

Slow cookers have their place.

In case you need to make a retatta quickly, for instance...

So you disagree with my argument that objects are morally neutral, and the difference between kitchen utensils and guns is not one of moral relativism. And you disagree with me by pointing out that we should put no focus on the object itself but the use, which is exactly what I just said. And you proceed to call the absolute lack of any moral criteria inherent in an object "moral relativism".

And thus having completely misunderstood the term "moral relativism," and disagreed with me by agreeing with me, you think I'M the idiot? Are you high? :lol:

He is on an epic roll of idiocy. It's become embarrassing for him.

Expect OC to go into hiding in 3, 2, 1....

He is on an epic roll of idiocy. It's become embarrassing for him.

Expect OC to go into hiding in 3, 2, 1....

You clearly don't know him very well. Expect the longest, most self-serving, emoticon record setting post in PPP history in 3, 2, 1

Nope. I'm not the only who is tellng us we should modulate the argument because "guns were designed to be weapons".

You are.

You are telling me that we should put 100% blame on the human...except in the case where something is designed to be a weapon...and telling me that isn't relative? That is the definition of relative, moron.

Are you high?

You clearly don't know him very well. Expect the longest, most self-serving, emoticon record setting post in PPP history in 3, 2, 1

Sorry to disappoint.

You clearly don't know me either. You have no idea, in fact. I suppose I could troll the hell out of you for the next 2 weeks, and you'd think it was about what I was saying, and not because I was just F'ing with you. Edit oh, and for clarity: using what you post, and more importantly how you post it...as the template. You haven't picked up that when I post long...it's in response to long posters...when I am self-serving, it is in repsonse to the most self-serving posters? Really? :lol:

You think it's a coincidence that I am at my most arrogant...when I reply to DC Tom? :lol:

But, please, continue... :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Sorry to disappoint.

You clearly don't know me either. You have no idea, in fact. I suppose I could troll the hell out of you for the next 2 weeks, and you'd think it was about what I was saying, and not because I was just F'ing with you. Edit oh, and for clarity: using what you post, and more importantly how you post it...as the template. You haven't picked up that when I post long...it's in response to long posters...when I am self-serving, it is in repsonse to the most self-serving posters? Really? :lol:

Nailed it, Jauranimo.

Nope. I'm not the only who is tellng us we should modulate the argument because "guns were designed to be weapons".

You are.

You are telling me that we should put 100% blame on the human...except in the case where something is designed to be a weapon...and telling me that isn't relative? That is the definition of relative, moron.

Are you high?

Sorry to disappoint.

You clearly don't know me either. You have no idea, in fact. I suppose I could troll the hell out of you for the next 2 weeks, and you'd think it was about what I was saying, and not because I was just F'ing with you.

But, please, continue... :lol:

Go for it. Judging by your past "epic trolls" you'll probably consider any response of mine some sort of resounding victory because you elicited said response with your cunning. You troll like you cook. But go on, tell me how your uncle trolled the hell out of some guy or lived under a bridge and ate goats or some nonsense.

Go for it. Judging by your past "epic trolls" you'll probably consider any response of mine some sort of resounding victory because you elicited said response with your cunning. You troll like you cook. But go on, tell me how your uncle trolled the hell out of some guy or lived under a bridge and ate goats or some nonsense.

You just don't get it at all. Edit: see my edit above.

Simply stated: you don't act like that much of a tool around here. So, I have less to work with. The amount of bad behavior is directly porportional to not only what I say, but most definitely, how I say it, length of post, and absolutely the tone in which I say it.

But keep talking smack...I'm sure I will find something to use eventually. And, do you really think I give a crap about the cooking thing? Jesus...are you going to tell me that you can't interpret the emoticons now....because I use too many of them?

:lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Simply stated: you don't act like that much of a tool around here. So, I have less to work with. The amount of bad behavior is directly porportional to not only what I say, but most definitely, how I say it, length of post, and absolutely the tone in which I say it.

But keep talking smack...I'm sure I will find something to use eventually. And, do you really think I give a crap about the cooking thing? Jesus...are you going to tell me that you can't interpret the emoticons now....because I use too many of them?

No, he's saying he can't interpret your ramblings because they're incoherent, logically flawed, completely hyperbolic and that's when the posts just aren't straight out lies.

The emoticon thing is your weird tick that entertains you for some reason.

I get it. See my edit below. Problem is, your premise is incorrect. This may be all fun and games for you, but what makes you think its different for me? Why would you assume I'm emotionally invested in this exchange? Furthermore, I rest my case. I await your asymmetric response.

No, he's saying he can't interpret your ramblings because

they're incoherent,

logically flawed,

completely hyperbolic

and that's when the posts just aren't straight out lies.

Is there a word for beyond ironic ? ?

Here you go WCIP.............

mirror.jpg

I get it. See my edit below. Problem is, your premise is incorrect. This may be all fun and games for you, but what makes you think its different for me? Why would you assume I'm emotionally invested in this exchange? Furthermore, I rest my case. I await your asymmetric response.

Why would you assume, that I assume, that?

Nope...I operate quite differently. It's based on long term patterns, fairness, and is exactly symmetric, I promise.