ESPN's Sports Reporters

Stephen A. Smith is bagging on Marty, says he never liked him as a head coach (no problem so far), then he loses all credibility by saying that Marty should have kicked on 3rd down because if you miss it you get another shot. Don't these guys know the rules? I was just as dissapointed that Ryan, Saunders & Lupica just sat there & didn't tell him if you miss the kick the other team gets the ball. If MM had that luxury of 4 kicks after a new 1st down, I might actually understand keeping Lindell.

Stephen A. Smith is bagging on Marty, says he never liked him as a head coach (no problem so far), then he loses all credibility by saying that Marty should have kicked on 3rd down because if you miss it you get another shot.  Don't these guys know the rules?  I was just as dissapointed that Ryan, Saunders & Lupica just sat there & didn't tell him if you miss the kick the other team gets the ball.  If MM had that luxury of 4 kicks after a new 1st down, I might actually understand keeping Lindell.

199119[/snapback]

Stephen "Arrogant" Smith is one of the worst "analyst experts" I have ever seen. Three other potential middle names... attitude, angry, ****. He sucks.

Maybe he was saying something about kicking on 3rd down b/c if it's a bad snap, the holder can fall on it and they can try again. That wasn't the issue for SD. It was a missed kick. You can't kick again on 4th.

Same thing with MTV no longer having any music, ESPN no longer has any sports commentary. They and Fox got rid of guys like Kelly and Levy b/c they actually knew the game and talked about it. ESPN just can't be bothered with that.

Stephen "Arrogant" Smith is one of the worst "analyst experts" I have ever seen. Three other potential middle names... attitude, angry, ****. He sucks.

199123[/snapback]

But those are the reasons E$PN love him. Arrogant...attitude and angry...thats E$PN's "mi$$ion statement"

They probably have a rule that no one embarresses the other guy. They probably waited until a commercial break to set him straight. Is there a better job in the world than being a sports columnist? You write what you think, right or wrong, and you get paid.

Of course you also grow a huge head because you think "you speak for the fan" when really you spend all their time eating lavish buffets in the press box getting their ass kissed. They left the real world behind years ago.

PTR

Maybe he was saying something about kicking on 3rd down b/c if it's a bad snap, the holder can fall on it and they can try again.

No - I was watching and this guy really things Marty S. blew it by not kicking on 3rd down because they would have had another chance when he missed!

They tape the TSR I'm quite sure. I was wondering why they didn't stop the tape and start all over again, instead of letting this embaressing thing air.

Too bad... one of the reasons I don't turn it on any more.

199148[/snapback]

Same here. I haven't watched a full episode of Sports Center in years. It's all about the gimmicks, promoting the hosts and figuring out how to do X-Games tie ins. With a few exceptions (Outside the Lines is pretty good), ESPN sucks.