anyone using android/chrome mobile & having issues w/TBD

The Poojer

With my gnex its vol down and power at the same time...then it gets saved in your photo gallery

I usually have to click on the video

How'd you get the screen cap of your phones browser?

Edited by The Poojer

I usually have to click on the video

How'd you get the screen cap of your phones browser?

With the Galaxy S3, you just run the side of your hand across the screen from left to right (kind of like what a photocopy/scanner looks like when it's scanning a page) and it saves a picture of the screen.

Using the standard browser that comes on the Android phone, in mobile mode, videos are just blank spaces.

PTR

Been on the Motorola Droid 4 for just over a year... Came with Gingerbread went OTA with ICS last summer and now yesterday they sent me OTA Jelly Bean (v.4.1.2)... Not a problem @ all with the standard browser and Chrome... Once in a while a video will lock up in standard browser (which I manily use). Few quirks with each new OS upgrade like incompatible apps and widgets no big deal.

The thing that I can't do is find the smilies in the mobile version of this board... Gotta resort to the manual ones... ;-) I don't mind it, it is a way that people can tell that I am mobile... LoL...

Oh... I am w/Verizon...

just a slight correction(?)... U should have gotten 4.2.2...Verizon just caught up with the most current build

Been on the Motorola Droid 4 for just over a year... Came with Gingerbread went OTA with ICS last summer and now yesterday they sent me OTA Jelly Bean (v.4.1.2)... Not a problem @ all with the standard browser and Chrome... Once in a while a video will lock up in standard browser (which I manily use). Few quirks with each new OS upgrade like incompatible apps and widgets no big deal.

The thing that I can't do is find the smilies in the mobile version of this board... Gotta resort to the manual ones... ;-) I don't mind it, it is a way that people can tell that I am mobile... LoL...

Oh... I am w/Verizon...

just a slight correction(?)... U should have gotten 4.2.2...Verizon just caught up with the most current build

No. I got JB v.4.1.2 I was wondering about that? Maybe they will send it in steps? I had ICS v.4.0.4 uptil yesterday afternoon.

BTW.. I just switched to Chrome to post this reply... You are right... NO videos... Just the black bar! WTF!!!

I usually sweat the OS upgrades... But so far so good the last two... No horror stories outside that I am very much a creature of habit (probably OCD) and hate routine change... Even this Chrome browser is throwing off my feng shui! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Well, I finally looked in to it. Spent over an hour on the phone with a level 2 tech from Motorola and still could not find out the solution.

My phone has not received an update in over 18 months. I was still running 2.3.4, which was Gingerbread. Not Honeycomb, ICS or Jellybean. Maybe things will turn around and I will get KLP before others! Anyway, my phone has spent about 8 hours updating from each individual things to the next, then I have a bunch more to update manually. Hmmph.

Well, I finally looked in to it. Spent over an hour on the phone with a level 2 tech from Motorola and still could not find out the solution.

My phone has not received an update in over 18 months. I was still running 2.3.4, which was Gingerbread. Not Honeycomb, ICS or Jellybean. Maybe things will turn around and I will get KLP before others! Anyway, my phone has spent about 8 hours updating from each individual things to the next, then I have a bunch more to update manually. Hmmph.

Thats why I just get Google Nexus devices, always running latest version of Android and w/o all the extra junk the OEMs add to the OS

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Which phone do you have again? Honeycomb is only for tablets... Gingerbread really isn't bad... I think 45% of all Android devices still run GB. If the phone is made for it, keep it. The Droid 4 I got last year was geared for ICS/JB (almost the same, that is ICS/JB, not too drastic) but, they released it with GB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Android-dist-by-dessert.png

Anyway... I doubt it you will get upgraded, your phone may be maxed out... 18 months is an eternity...

That's weird u weren't fully updated. I got mine last week from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2. Word is KLP will be announced next month. Let's see how long it takes Verizon to react. I love this phone & OS. Just wish I didn't have to travel with 3 batteries and my chargers. Oh well.

No. I got JB v.4.1.2 I was wondering about that? Maybe they will send it in steps? I had ICS v.4.0.4 uptil yesterday afternoon.

BTW.. I just switched to Chrome to post this reply... You are right... NO videos... Just the black bar! WTF!!!

I usually sweat the OS upgrades... But so far so good the last two... No horror stories outside that I am very much a creature of habit (probably OCD) and hate routine change... Even this Chrome browser is throwing off my feng shui! ;-)

Droid Bionic. I am going to try to hold out until the GS5.

Don't discount the Motorola X Phone this summer. First Motorola phone really made after the Google purchase. Will be sold at a loss, so it will be $199-299 off contract. Can customize the hardware when ordering.

Facebook home seems like a disturbing development for Google android. They're using androids open source flexibility against them by keeping end users within the FB ecosystem when accessing the web

Why Facebook Phone App Could Mean Huge Problems for Google

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100619460

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack