Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

The question is maturity. Lack of it will hurt the Bills in games. Penalties, maybe lack of concentration.

Why do we need this distraction? As others have said, prove your Pats* hatred on the field. There was no reason or joke about wishing a foreign power to bomb an opponents stadium. None whatsoever.

So North Korea drops a bomb on Foxboro. It didn't work because it was made in North Korea.

So two foreign powers walk into Foxboro. Think one of them would have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

*Note: The foreign power in the joke, which I apparently had "no reason" to tell, is assumed to be in the process of bombing Foxboro. But that would have sucked the humor out of an already bad joke.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so long as he displays the same immature behavior, there's evidence to suggest he still has the potential for the same on-field boneheadedness we've seen before. So long we agree that his antics are--at the very least--tangentially related to some of his on-field blunders (and btw, lord knows how he's received in the locker room and in practice, so in that sense, we're all giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's strictly tied to game behavior), then as long as the antics persist, so too might the dumb **** when it counts.

Mr. X is a problem drinker. He's gotten drunk a bunch of time and wrecked his car. Mr. X hasn't wrecked his car in awhile, but he still drinks like a fish. Mr. X is your best friend, are you completely fine with his drinking habits, knowing full well he still drives as much as he used to?

Wow, you had 10 posts at the beginning of this thread.

What's your point?

Some posters, wrong in their opinion of course, think STEVIE is the reason why we are 15-80. What's our record again?

LAST YEAR without the penalties, he was a bright light on the team!!!!! Besides our rbs, he was the next upside. Then Fitz, then our great defense (Turn on your sarcastic meters....Gosh)

We have same-sex marriage in this country! They're already laughing at us.

Who is?

The North Koreans?

The North Koreans probably think Foxboro is where Fox News is headquartered.

:lol:

I bet that's why Patrick Chung moved from New England to Philly. He's probably Korean and knew something was gonna happen in Foxboro. Good move Mr. Chung...good move.

New England will get a compensatory pic for this.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

We see how TO's NFL career came to a close.

Is this really what SJ wants to become...

A 6 time Pro Bowler, future HOFer?

Nah that'd be terrible!! Who would want to be that??!

You do mean Terrell Owens, right? Or was that some other TO?

Career notables

• 5th player to reach 150 touchdowns
    • 6th player to reach 1,000 career receptions, 6th player to reach 100 touchdown receptions, 6th player to reach 14,000 receiving yards
    • 3rd player to reach 150 touchdown receptions, 3rd player to reach 15,000 receiving yards
    • Through 15 seasons, has 156 total touchdowns (153 receiving), 15,934 receiving yards, 1,078 receptions, 39 rushing attempts, 251 rushing yards, 3 rushing touchdowns, 5 kickoff returns, 23 kickoff return yards, 2 fumble recoveries, 13 fumble return yards, and 3 two point conversions
    • Averaged one touchdown per game in 2001, 2004, and 2007[53]
    • Has had nine 1,000 yard seasons, including five consecutive (2000–2004)[53]
    • Reached 100 catches in only 14 games in 2002[53]
    • Led League in receiving touchdowns in 2001, 2002, and 2006[54]
    • Third all-time in receiving touchdowns behind Jerry Rice and Randy Moss
    • Second all-time in receiving yards behind Jerry Rice.
    • Sixth all-time in receptions behind Jerry Rice, Tony Gonzalez, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, and Tim Brown.[55]
    • Second all-time in seasons with 13+ touchdown receptions with 7, behind Jerry Rice, who has 8.
    • Tied for third all-time in seasons with 50+ receptions with 13 (Andre Reed), behind Tony Gonzalez, who has 14, and Jerry Rice, who has 17.

You just don't understand...

Well, there were plenty of question marks there... I thought I might not be understanding the connection, so I asked for some clarification.

Maybe you're referring to their personal lives?

You know Stevie is happily married with children and there's nothing controversial about his business and endorsement deals, right?

Meanwhile TO is alone, broke, and suspected of having drug problems... so yeah, that'd suck for Stevie if things turn out that way, but I don't see it happening.

At a glance, Stevie seems confident, even a little cocky. TO seems like a certifiable egomaniac.

So are you saying that Stevie could find himself alienating himself from his loved ones and blowing all his money by the end of his career because he likes to have fun and doesn't take his job as seriously as you'd like him to?

If I still don't understand, please enlighten me.

Well, there were plenty of question marks there... I thought I might not be understanding the connection, so I asked for some clarification.

Maybe you're referring to their personal lives?

You know Stevie is happily married with children and there's nothing controversial about his business and endorsement deals, right?

Meanwhile TO is alone, broke, and suspected of having drug problems... so yeah, that'd suck for Stevie if things turn out that way, but I don't see it happening.

At a glance, Stevie seems confident, even a little cocky. TO seems like a certifiable egomaniac.

So are you saying that Stevie could find himself alienating himself from his loved ones and blowing all his money by the end of his career because he likes to have fun and doesn't take his job as seriously as you'd like him to?

If I still don't understand, please enlighten me.

Talented but unwanted because of his off and on the field antics

I can see why Stevie's acting out and understand his position. Sure, he's making millions of dollars, but he's basically in a deadend job on the Bills. Really, how can you really take your job seriously when your employers don't seem to be either? He wouldn't be acting this way if he was on the 49ers or NE.

North Korea doesn't have a missile capable of reaching the U.S. Mainland but they can hit South Korea and we have nearly 30,000 of our troops there.

That's WhySoSerious.

and North Korea has the backing of China considering we won't be going anywhere near there or China would then be directly affected and we would be destroyed. They are the worlds biggest super power now.

And last I heard, Korea can reach both Hawaii and Alaska no problem and possibly the west coast. That's a scary thought considering our military is only a few hundred thousand troops now. There's more hunters with guns than there is American Military and that's very scary.

TO became unwanted because of his tweets about North Korea?

Dude...just shut the !@#$ up already.

Dude... if you can't comprehend how SJ's career by following in the footsteps of TO when it comes to off and on the field antics, is going in the wrong direction,

Then your not near as intelligent as I've been giving you credit for DC...

Edited by dog14787

Dude... if you can't comprehend how SJ's career by following in the footsteps of TO when it comes to off and on the field antics, is going in the wrong direction,

Then your not near as intelligent as I've been giving you credit for DC...

He's happily married since college, he is a happy (not brooding) guy, he has never held out. He likes attention, but he is not courting it to the point where it is actually fracturing his psyche. He's a jokester to a fault. T.O. is seriously conceited and fragile.

WRs are generally a different bunch. Megatron or Jerry Rice aren't walking through that door... get used to that, enjoy the production, and realize that Stevie may be one of the few reasons people know that Buffalo has a football team at all. He cares and I like that. He doesn't always show it in the right way, but I'd rather get the sense that he cares than that he doesn't. Or we could just alienate and cut the one good receiver on this football team because he doesn't play and shut up like Steve Largent or Wayne Chrebet or some other hard-working, gritty (yes, this is code because we're talking about cultural differences) ideal teammate.

He's happily married since college, he is a happy (not brooding) guy, he has never held out. He likes attention, but he is not courting it to the point where it is actually fracturing his psyche. He's a jokester to a fault. T.O. is seriously conceited and fragile.

WRs are generally a different bunch. Megatron or Jerry Rice aren't walking through that door... get used to that, enjoy the production, and realize that Stevie may be one of the few reasons people know that Buffalo has a football team at all. He cares and I like that. He doesn't always show it in the right way, but I'd rather get the sense that he cares than that he doesn't. Or we could just alienate and cut the one good receiver on this football team because he doesn't play and shut up like Steve Largent or Wayne Chrebet or some other hard-working, gritty (yes, this is code because we're talking about cultural differences) ideal teammate.

I used TO as an extreme example when it comes to off and on the field antics because hes the worst of the worse.

I didn't say every aspect of the two athletes lives are alike...

Edited by dog14787

I used TO as an extreme example when it comes to off and on the field antics because hes the worst of the worse.

I didn't say every aspect of the two athletes lives are alike...

Your words were that SJ's following T.O.'s footsteps. He's not. Stevie HAS exhibited some selfish behavior and done some silly things. He also worked his way from being a 7th round afterthought / project to being a #1 WR in the league. T.O. exited the league as he came in - talented but disruptive all the way, and hardly ever seeming to actually have fun.

I just fundamentally disagree that their paths are at all comparable except for the fact that they're both known for on-field celebrations. Stevie is far more self-aware and this actually plays well into the things that he likes to promote, and also makes him a heck of a lot more likeable - even if some Bills fans don't like him.

Your words were that SJ's following T.O.'s footsteps. He's not. Stevie HAS exhibited some selfish behavior and done some silly things. He also worked his way from being a 7th round afterthought / project to being a #1 WR in the league. T.O. exited the league as he came in - talented but disruptive all the way, and hardly ever seeming to actually have fun.

I just fundamentally disagree that their paths are at all comparable except for the fact that they're both known for on-field celebrations. Stevie is far more self-aware and this actually plays well into the things that he likes to promote, and also makes him a heck of a lot more likeable - even if some Bills fans don't like him.

This "look at me , I need attention" show boating however cute it may be to fans doesn't always go over all that well with other teammates/ athletes who go about their business without all the hoopla. It sets the wrong example for younger players.

Its not just about one player, and theres a reason why successful coaches try to keep there teams focused on the team, not me approach to winning football games.

This "look at me , I need attention" show boating however cute it may be to fans doesn't always go over all that well with other teammates/ athletes who go about their business without all the hoopla. It sets the wrong example for younger players.

Its not just about one player, and theres a reason why successful coaches try to keep there teams focused on the team, not me approach to winning football games.

Except his teammates seem to love him and the energy he brings to the game. He also really enjoys a relationship with the fans and even if some don't like it, the Bills Mafia thing brings a lot of fan interest that is rooted in the game - not just in tailgating or drinking oneself into oblivion. I think he's a pretty positive guy. The "I need attention" thing is only a problem when you're excessively negative and/or not winning. When T.O. was helping his team win, people put up with it. When he wasn't, the negativity won out. People hated Deion Sanders - and I especially did - but the dude won. Tell me, did his and Irvin's "antics" hurt the team and set bad examples for younger players, or were they part of an earned bravado?

If we had a lot of quiet losers, the lot here would be complaining about how there is no passion a la Jason Pomminville. I don't care how they do it - brash, quiet, who gives a sh--? Just win, don't be a total a--hole, and I'll enjoy it.