Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, we've had Trent to Stevie for a 2yd gain on 3rd and 9. We've had Fitz to Stevie for a loss-clinching interception. May as well give Kolb a chance.

Might as well give a rookie a chance or tjax a chance. Not Kolb. Honestly kolb supporters really need to look at his stats. Even in his year prior to going to arizona, his numbers were BARELY average. At his freaking best, he sucked!!!!!

Screw him. Counting the days he leaves buffalo.

I even prefer a bad qb turned wr Brad Smith as our qb. That's how bad I want kolb outta here.

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

I nominate this .500 Stevie-line for the worst statement made in 2013. Stevie's ones of possibly 6 positions on this team that is not an issue. Sounds like your Stevie vendetta was waiting for a headline. Get em.....

So in 4 pages not one poster, got offended or disliked the tweet?? I could copy a quote, buy why bother.

My reading comprehension must be waaaay off. (Nope it's not)

Disliking and being offended by the tweet are two entirely different things, so...those reading skills...

Apparently, 'dog14787'. His knickers appeared to be in a knot in the Shoutbox.

Ah...well, I don't have the time or the energy to stay up with that ****!! B-)

Edited by taC giB ehT

Disliking and being offended by the tweet are two entirely different things, so...those reading skills...

Omg, really...... You want to prove a point so bad that you went to dictionary.com to explain the difference to me. lol.

As you were corrected by exwnyer, dog147 was offended. Happy now? No need to nitpick me man.

I love that this is the biggest offseason "issue" with the entire team. A single tweet about bombing the Patriots.

Stand corrected.

This and gays.

I hear ya. I glance at it but rarely post there. At one point when this thread started he was barking about his dad fighting in the Korean War and having lost friends in the conflict so jokes about bombing were not funny to him or some such overly sensitive nonsense. I get that some people found Stevie's comments funny and others found them not funny or immature. Agree with him, disagree with him. Whatever. Live and let live.

Omg, really...... You want to prove a point so bad that you went to dictionary.com to explain the difference to me. lol.

As you were corrected by exwnyer, dog147 was offended. Happy now? No need to nitpick me man.

Stand corrected.

This and gays.

Well, there is a need to nitpick, because the argument against those who dislike what the tweet represents is "oh lighten up, there's no need to be offended--" when those two things are wildly different. I'm not offended. I don't believe Stevie's some kind of hateful warmonger, I don't believe he has any genuine ill will against Koreans, and I fully understand he was trying to make a joke.

What the critics (myself included) have said, is that so long as Stevie keeps drawing negative attention to himself and the team (again, I've already stated that whether it's right or wrong to view this negatively is irrelevant since it has--for obvious, though regrettable reasons--upset others) and so long as he wants to be a "leader" so long as he wants to be the "face of the franchise" so long as he makes boneheaded drops and isn't the best damn receiver IN THE LEAGUE and only the best receiver on the team with the historically long playoff drought, than he needs to MAN UP and shut his mouth.

Edited by taC giB ehT

Well, there is a need to nitpick, because the argument against those who dislike what the tweet represents is "oh lighten up, there's no need to be offended--" when those two things are wildly different. I'm not offended. I don't believe Stevie's some kind of hateful warmonger, I don't believe he has any genuine ill will against Koreans, and I fully understand he was trying to make a joke.

What the critics (myself included) have said, is that so long as Stevie keeps drawing negative attention to himself and the team (again, I've already stated that whether it's right or wrong to view this negatively is irrelevant since it has--for obvious, though regrettable reasons--upset others) and so long as he wants to be a "leader" so long as he wants to be the "face of the franchise" so long as he makes boneheaded drops and isn't the best damn receiver IN THE LEAGUE and only the best receiver on the team with the historically long playoff drought, than he needs to MAN UP and shut his mouth.

It is not irrelevant. Just because "someone" is upset, doesnt make them correct or their feelings valid.

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

^^ this is an absurd and ridiculous post... while I respect your right to state your opinion (or joke? still holding out hope this is sarcasm that I'm missing)

As a Pats fan I found the comment stupid. I wasn't offended by it just thought it was a dumb thing to say is all.

Yeah... well I think you're a dumb... thing... to... say...???

I mean, I think you're a... stupid... comment...???

Oh, hell, do us the courtesy of wearing your asterisk when you post here, Pats*FanNH, and try to be a little less civil so that I don't feel like such an !@#$ about cheering for your demise (not yours personally, of course).

Carry on.

Edited by transient

From following SU football during the Marrone era, Marrone established a reputation of being a no non sense guy as well as a harsh disciplinarian.

I wonder if a punishment is in order for Stevie. I doubt the old coach is laughing at this.

From following SU football during the Marrone era, Marrone established a reputation of being a no non sense guy as well as a harsh disciplinarian.

I wonder if a punishment is in order for Stevie. I doubt the old coach is laughing at this.

I doubt he's paying any attention to it at all, or cares in the least.

It's a non-issue...the guy cracked a joke about a current event and a rival opponent.

Let's move on.