Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Isn't it more than just picking a guy because he fits a scheme? Shouldn't the guy have the potential to be great if he is going to turn the Franchise around? He definitely lacks touch on his throws and I just don't find him talented enough to compete with the best in the NFL.

Watching Syracuse this season I didn't think to myself, "Wow, that was an NFL throw" or even thought he would be a first round pick in the upcoming draft.. his coaching staff getting hired on in the NFL moved his draft stock more than anything he did this season. Don't get me wrong he had a decent season but I'm not that excited about him as a pro. I think the Bills picking him at 8 will be a huge mistake.

He was getting better every year

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Nassib throws an ugly football. I'm sorry 'Cuse fans, but it's just....ugly. From the huge windup to the shotput-like heave. He even finishes ugly, often kicking his right leg up in the air at a 90 degree angle. I can't even watch 2 highlight videos back-to-back, I have to take a break in between. This is a 3rd round talent. I am now convinced that if we can't trade down we are going to take him at 8, and that is horrifying. At least we will be the Vegas favorites to win the Pinstripe Bowl.

Ok, I read this and then just spent the last ten minutes specifically watching highlight video of Nassib. You're. Dead. Wrong.

You would think so but alas, there it is on tape lol

A shotput release, in football, implies no extension of the arms, and almost always a weak armed thrower. Nassib has a quick, compact release and guns the ball.

I think people also mistake scrambling and pure running ability/speed with mobility. Nassib moves fine and is not all that slow, except in a 40 yard dash. His mobility behind the line is more than fine and he rolls out and throws on the run pretty darn good. That particular video had a lot of evidence of that.

You know actually he doesn't look that bad in that video. But isn't that cherrypicking the best throws out of a 4 year career? Now watch the USC video.

Nassib aside, your response is annoying. He posted the video you asked him for, why would you not post the video you want people to watch?

QCity, I've watched hundreds of Nassib's throws.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Definitely. maybe beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. It looks ugly to me. Very ugly.

Nassib aside, your response is annoying. He posted the video you asked him for, why would you not post the video you want people to watch?

my bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

Definitely. maybe beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. It looks ugly to me. Very ugly.

my bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

What I want to see is that Brady video against the Bills in the season opener in 2004 I think it was. I told you all Brady was a fraud. That proved it and he's been a POS since... just like I told you.

Sorry if I didn't read all 86 pages of this thread, but has anyone mentioned that Jeremy White and Mike Schoop want Nassib?

That should say enough about him. One guy who admits he knows nothing about the NFL wants him, along with another who thinks he knows a lot but thought Johnson was better than Flutie and thought Fitzawful was tremendous. :D