Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, Randall Cunningham and Steve McNair weren't available?

Gimme a f---ing break, dude. If you watched one game all season I think you forfeit your right to critique. Since that appears to be the case, I'll bite. If Nassib and Smith were the only two players on the field in that game, the stat lines are:

12-for-24 for 134 passing yards with two touchdowns and an interception

16-for-24 for 197 yards and two touchdowns, fumble, two safeties.

Looks to me like one player was clearly more accurate "in the snow," was in poor field position all day and trying to make things happen for his team while behind. The other tossed for 50% and an INT. Nassib's YPA was 5.58. Geno's was 8.2. If you want to factor in the two dropbacks for safeties, too, it's still almost two yards more earned per passing attempt.

This heroism for Nassib in the Pinstripe Bowl is some kind of myth. Can we also bring Prince-Tyson Gulley since we're rebuilding the vaunted Orange program in Orchard Park? Jesus.

Nassib may be a quality QB, but I don't understand why everyone wants to tear down a better prospect to help themselves believe it. Perhaps we're too comfortable with failure to believe we can do better than the familiar.

This is the best post yet on this topic.

Almost no one on this site would be touting Nassib if Marrone wasn't HC. Even those who want him at 8 likely saw that one game only.

Enough already.

This is the best post yet on this topic.

Almost no one on this site would be touting Nassib if Marrone wasn't HC. Even those who want him at 8 likely saw that one game only.

Enough already.

I don't know if Nassib is good or not. I have no idea if we should or will draft him. I have never seen him play a full game live (although I did watch some youtubes that showed every pass in games). He does some good things and bad things from what I have seen.

BUT, from what I have seen and what I have heard and read, I would be willing to bet, without knowing, that Nassib will be considered a #1 pick by the time the draft comes, and will go in the first round, to the Bills or someone else. It's not just because of Marrone.

I don't know if Nassib is good or not. I have no idea if we should or will draft him. I have never seen him play a full game live (although I did watch some youtubes that showed every pass in games). He does some good things and bad things from what I have seen.

BUT, from what I have seen and what I have heard and read, I would be willing to bet, without knowing, that Nassib will be considered a #1 pick by the time the draft comes, and will go in the first round, to the Bills or someone else. It's not just because of Marrone.

Other than Russ Lande I've never heard or read anywhere that Nassib is a possible #1 overall pick. If I'm wrong please show me the link. I almost fell off my chair when I read that Lande article. The next thing I thought of is that this guy might be getting paid just as there were rumors that Gabbert people were paying off Mike Mayock.

The evidence is right there on youtube. There's no hiding that the guy can't throw the deep ball at the college level. The receivers are stopping cold to make the catch or the ball is way off target. I'm sure someone will provide the one or two times he hit a deep WR in stride, but that had to be a rare occurrence. I think NFL defenses will eat this guy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert. Very good college QB who has no chance at the pro level other than as a backup. If someone has the video showing Nassib throwing an accurate deep pass consistently please show us it. All I see in his videos is dink, dunk, dink, dunk, bad deep pass, dink, dunk, dink, dunk, bad deep pass.

Edited by 1billsfan

You're betting he will be the number 1 pick in the draft? How much??!

Other than Russ Lande I've never heard or read anywhere that Nassib is a possible #1 overall pick. If I'm wrong please show me the link. I almost fell off my chair when I read that Lande article. The next thing I thought of is that this guy might be getting paid just as there were rumors that Gabbert people were paying off Mike Mayock.

The evidence is right there on youtube. There's no hiding that the guy can't throw the deep ball at the college level. The receivers are stopping cold to make the catch or the ball is way off target. I'm sure someone will provide the one or two times he hit a deep WR in stride, but that had to be a rare occurrence. I think NFL defenses will eat this guy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert. Very good college QB who has no chance at the pro level other than as a backup. If someone has the video showing Nassib throwing an accurate deep pass consistently please show us it. All I see in his videos is dink, dunk, dink, dunk, bad deep pass, dink, dunk, dink, dunk, bad deep pass.

When I said #1 pick, I meant he would be taken in the first round, not #1 overall. I personally have no idea where he should go or whether or not the Bills should draft him.

You're betting he will be the number 1 pick in the draft? How much??!

As stated, I meant a #1 pick not the #1 pick. How good is your reading comprehension?

When I said #1 pick, I meant he would be taken in the first round, not #1 overall. I personally have no idea where he should go or whether or not the Bills should draft him.

As stated, I meant a #1 pick not the #1 pick. How good is your reading comprehension?

Better than your powers of expression, apparently

Better than your powers of expression, apparently

How many people, not counting retards, would think the statement "that Nassib will be considered a #1 pick by the time the draft comes, and will go in the first round" ... "to the Bills or someone else"... to be the #1 overall pick, and not just a first round pick?

Edited by Kelly the Dog

How many people, not counting retards, would think the statement "that Nassib will be considered a #1 pick by the time the draft comes, and will go in the first round" to be the #1 overall pick, and not just a first round pick?

How many people would say he would be both "a #1 pick" and "will go in the first round"? A number 1 pick is, well, a number 1 pick.

Tighten that post up a bit...resubmit.

How many people would say he would be both "a #1 pick" and "will go in the first round"? A number 1 pick is, well, a number 1 pick.

Actually, common sense and all reason says there are 32 players who are "a #1 pick". There is only one player who is "the #1 pick", which is what I would have said if I meant he was the first overall. It is inarguably clear after I said "and will go in the first round" that I suggested a #1 and not the #1, otherwise it would make no sense whatsoever, and it was further illuminated when I said "by Buffalo or someone else" that I meant a #1 and not the #1 unless you thought I was suggesting that the Bills would actually trade up to #1 overall just to draft Ryan Nassib. Not even the Bills are that dumb, and not even you would suggest that is something even possible. Unless you want to lie and say yes, you think that is entirely possible.

Actually, common sense and all reason says there are 32 players who are "a #1 pick". There is only one player who is "the #1 pick", which is what I would have said if I meant he was the first overall. It is inarguably clear after I said "and will go in the first round" that I suggested a #1 and not the #1, otherwise it would make no sense whatsoever, and it was further illuminated when I said "by Buffalo or someone else" that I meant a #1 and not the #1 unless you thought I was suggesting that the Bills would actually trade up to #1 overall just to draft Ryan Nassib. Not even the Bills are that dumb, and not even you would suggest that is something even possible. Unless you want to lie and say yes, you think that is entirely possible.

don't waste your time, the clown that you're bantering with is trolling.

sports fans are funny. they never seem to learn

every pre-draft the fans WAAAAAY overemphasize the jillions of mocks that are out there. every post draft the fans WAAAAAY overemphasize the mocks in relation to where players were picked. case in point, bills fans drove a good player out of town, now a probowler playing the the superbowl, bc he was picked higher than any of the mocks

this just in: mocks dont mean sh. teams will pick nassib based on where they evaluated him relative to other players. if the bills like him they will absolutely use their top pick to take him. and if they do i hope our fans wont pull another donte on him

I have no personal opinion of him as a prospect. I just don't know. I haven't watched him enough. I'm basing my prediction on what I have read about him, and what I have seen in clips, and the fact (this is the most important part) that guys shoot up the charts late when they have what he has, a strong arm, good size, accuracy, toughness, leadership qualities, a bowl win, and an improvement over the last season or half a season leading up to the draft.

Again, I am not advocating the Bills draft him, or that I think he will be good. I am only saying that guys like him almost always rocket up the charts in the lead up to the draft.

An aside to the above, because guys like him almost always shoot up the charts, I have long postulated that the Bills should have known Rob Johnson would suck because as a college player, he had all the tools, good size, a strong arm, a major college, good athleticism, pretty good accuracy, etc, and instead of shooting up the charts leading up to the draft, he went down, and was drafted in the 4th round (without any kind of red flag like failed drug test or arrest or anything bad about him). For some reason, the scouts knew he wasn't a good draft pick or prospect. I never knew why but it became clear after watching him he was a fourth round choice, and not a #1 pick (9th overall) we traded for him.

"Considered a #1 pick by the time of the draft" to me was in reference to the mock drafters ad commentators. His "stock" does appear to be rising.

Sooo...you're saying the bet's off?

Sooo...you're saying the bet's off?

The bet is on if you want to bet on what I actually said, he will be selected as a #1 pick, in the first round, by Buffalo or someone else, versus what you grossly misinterpreted by any reasonable account. Even a gentleman's bet, like $10 or $20. I don't usually make these kinds of bets (although sometimes I will just for fun) Usually I will only bet on something I know or think I know. This is surely just a feeling with no real knowledge of the result.