Scott chandler interview

Chandler was on the pat Kirwan show today. The thing I took away from the interview was that Glenn is the left tackle and will be for awhile. Chandler stated that know one could believe how athletic Glenn is. He also said the players couldn't believe that he lasted to the second round. Then threw a jab at kiper. " I guess because kiper said he was a guard ".

Interesting with the draft coming up. If geno is gone and Patterson doesn't measure up the pick is going to be front 7 d player for sure.

Edited by jcbillsfan

Chandler was on the pay Kirwan show today. The thing I took away from the interview was that Glenn is the left tackle and will be for awhile. Chandler stated that know one could believe how athletic Glenn is. He also said the players couldn't believe that he lasted to the second round. Then through a jan at kiper. " I guess because kiper said he was a guard ".

Interesting with the draft coming up. If geno is gone and Patterson doesn't measure up the pick is going to be s front 7 d player for sure.

Linky?

Actually Buddy said he's a guard. And any word on when he expects to be back on the field?

Actually Buddy said specifically that he was not a guard. I believe the quote was "hell no he's not a guard".

Edited by vincec

Glenn's combine numbers were historically excellent, probably in the 95th percentile.

His film against LSU in the SEC Championship Game was outstanding, stoning Mingo and Montgomery.

I saw video of Glenn diving to take out blitzing slot cornerbacks on more than one occasion.

Glenn was hampered by a high ankle sprain most of last year so I think very few people here appreciate what a talent he is.

Every time someone talks to a Bills player about offensive tackle they always say something along the lines of "we're all set at tackle."

Glenn gets no where near enough praise from this board. Posts suggesting we move him to LG make no sense to me. I think Cordy will see some probowls during his career (at LT).

I agree that Glenn can be a multiple Pro Bowler.

Meanwhile the Lions are wondering where to play Reilly Reiff. Their longtime left tackle Jeff Backus retired and they're publicly not sure if they want Reiff at LT, RT or LG. This is according to their head coach Jim Schwartz.

With regard to the Stanford tackle that others here liked more than Glenn, we'll see how good he is this year with the departure of Jake Long.

Glenn's combine numbers were historically excellent, probably in the 95th percentile.

His film against LSU in the SEC Championship Game was outstanding, stoning Mingo and Montgomery.

I saw video of Glenn diving to take out blitzing slot cornerbacks on more than one occasion.

Glenn was hampered by a high ankle sprain most of last year so I think very few people here appreciate what a talent he is.

Every time someone talks to a Bills player about offensive tackle they always say something along the lines of "we're all set at tackle."

I agree that Glenn can be a multiple Pro Bowler.

Meanwhile the Lions are wondering where to play Reilly Reiff. Their longtime left tackle Jeff Backus retired and they're publicly not sure if they want Reiff at LT, RT or LG. This is according to their head coach Jim Schwartz.

With regard to the Stanford tackle that others here liked more than Glenn, we'll see how good he is this year with the departure of Jake Long.

Johnathan Martin is the stanford tackle

It's almost guaranteed the Bills will be taking a TE in this draft. I really don't know enough about that group to say whether or not there'll be good options available later in the draft - which is important, because it looks so certain Buffalo will be looking to take a TE, and they're going to be looking to get a good pass catching, dynamic one, at that, not some 6th rounder with "upside". So, that means they might be forced to use a 3rd or 4th on one, at the latest. Thats tough, because we somehow have to come away from this draft with starter talent at QB, LG, TE, WR, ILB, and OLB. Those are the obvious holes, without getting into depth.

This draft seems to be really solid at WR and the D-line, with decent depth at LB and O-line. There appear to be 4 or 5 TE's that match the mold Buffalo is seeking. I can see Buffalo using this draft to basically finish off one unit - offense or defense - but it'll take amazing scouting/player evaluation to come away with viable options for all our holes.

I could see Buffalo going WR, QB, TE with their first 3 picks. Nix has a history of looking to the middle rounds for O-line and linebackers. Our draft might shape up like this: WR, QB, TE, ILB, LG, OLB - with our 1st through 6th picks. This is really going to be the draft that will determine Nix's legacy in Buffalo.

Glenn still had trouble with pass rushers going around him, but as a rookie it's not a worry yet. Would still love to get one of the top OT's in the draft and either put him at RT, or move Glenn to RT maybe... or just the loser of a competition. Either way, we could use another good OLineman. Pears/Hairston are mediocre on their best day, and it'd be pretty risky to assume one of our spare parts can just step in at LG after never playing there before.

Everyone likes to take shots as Mel, but pretty much EVERYONE said Glenn was a Guard leading up to the draft. he was listed a a OG in most publications as well. a few might have said you can try him at LT and move him if it didn't work out but none were too optimistic. and it might very well have been Buddy that perpetuated that like he claims, although you would think Glenn would not take too kindly to spreading rumors to that effect.

It's almost guaranteed the Bills will be taking a TE in this draft. I really don't know enough about that group to say whether or not there'll be good options available later in the draft - which is important, because it looks so certain Buffalo will be looking to take a TE, and they're going to be looking to get a good pass catching, dynamic one, at that, not some 6th rounder with "upside". So, that means they might be forced to use a 3rd or 4th on one, at the latest. Thats tough, because we somehow have to come away from this draft with starter talent at QB, LG, TE, WR, ILB, and OLB. Those are the obvious holes, without getting into depth.

This draft seems to be really solid at WR and the D-line, with decent depth at LB and O-line. There appear to be 4 or 5 TE's that match the mold Buffalo is seeking. I can see Buffalo using this draft to basically finish off one unit - offense or defense - but it'll take amazing scouting/player evaluation to come away with viable options for all our holes.

I could see Buffalo going WR, QB, TE with their first 3 picks. Nix has a history of looking to the middle rounds for O-line and linebackers. Our draft might shape up like this: WR, QB, TE, ILB, LG, OLB - with our 1st through 6th picks. This is really going to be the draft that will determine Nix's legacy in Buffalo.

we might get a decent TE in 3rd round, though likely not a gamebreaker. problem is, will we have a 3rd? Or will we settle for leftovers at QB in 2nd? Cuz if they want to get their guy, they'd almost have to jump a bunch of QB-needy teams in the 2nd, which may cost us our 3rd.

add in that Buddy's 5th-7th round picks have basically been garbage, and I would not count on filling any holes with them. The evidence is staggeringly against that.

Glenn still had trouble with pass rushers going around him, but as a rookie it's not a worry yet. Would still love to get one of the top OT's in the draft and either put him at RT, or move Glenn to RT maybe... or just the loser of a competition. Either way, we could use another good OLineman. Pears/Hairston are mediocre on their best day, and it'd be pretty risky to assume one of our spare parts can just step in at LG after never playing there before.

Everyone likes to take shots as Mel, but pretty much EVERYONE said Glenn was a Guard leading up to the draft. he was listed a a OG in most publications as well. a few might have said you can try him at LT and move him if it didn't work out but none were too optimistic. and it might very well have been Buddy that perpetuated that like he claims, although you would think Glenn would not take too kindly to spreading rumors to that effect.

Glenn was playing outstanding football early on until suffering a severe high ankle sprain which caused him to miss 3 games plus the bye week.

When he returned to action in week 9 he was not the same player.

The Bills are not gonna draft a left tackle.