Game of Thrones Season 3

The Big Cat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fully aware about people watching at different times, so was especially careful not to say too much in that season 2 thread.

that said, this last episode was so stunning, I'm still in a bit of stunned.

jw

I'm not squeamish about TV violence and expected that there was something bad coming with the wedding but that still left me feeling like someone kicked me in the gut.

I'm not squeamish about TV violence and expected that there was something bad coming with the wedding but that still left me feeling like someone kicked me in the gut.

By gut you meant nuts right?

Book Three (Storm of Swords) was just fantastic, and I've been waiting for this episode for a while. I thought they did a nice job, despite a few changes from the book. Even knowing what was going to happen, it was still quite shocking.

That's pretty ridiculous; if you don't want the spoilers don't click the thread. I always enjoy your Mad Men commentary but have to wait until my wife and I finally find a night to watch the prior Sunday's episode. Sometimes it takes all week!

Yeah, I think its' rediculous too...but trying to be respectful of everyone...no matter how rediculous they are! :lol:

Honestly, though I never seek out spoilers, I have been exposed to many of them over the years...if the work is good, it doesn't ruin it for me...there has to be a reason people can watch the same thing over and over and get more out of it with each viewing. I don't do it with everything, but I typically watch Mad Men twice each week.. on Sunday night, and then again, whenever I can fit it in during the week, before the next one airs. I always notice something I didn't notice on the first viewing..sometimes knowing what is going to happen can actually appreciate the craft more.

Edited by Buftex

I can't believe that no one has posted about last Sunday's episode! What the :censored: was that?!?! The ending was more intense/crazy than any 10 episodes of The Sopranos combined!

Yeah, sorry, that was my fault. I started watching GoT between seasons 2 and 3, and my first post was on the season 2 thread. I said something about how unpredictable the show is--you never know who will get whacked!

Kevin responded with something like, it will continue. After that last episode, I had to respond to his post. I don't think I've ever had a TV series create so much emotion for me. !@#$! First Ned, then Robb!?!? WTF! It's only a friggin show, but I was literally depressed, much like the past 12 Bills' seasons...

Yeah, sorry, that was my fault. I started watching GoT between seasons 2 and 3, and my first post was on the season 2 thread. I said something about how unpredictable the show is--you never know who will get whacked!

Kevin responded with something like, it will continue. After that last episode, I had to respond to his post. I don't think I've ever had a TV series create so much emotion for me. !@#$! First Ned, then Robb!?!? WTF! It's only a friggin show, but I was literally depressed, much like the past 12 Bills' seasons...

This is going to be an epic series. I've read books 1,3,4&5 in the span of a month and can't wait for the upcoming shows/seasons.

I'm not going to do the spoilers though. I promise not to ruin it for you guys.

This is going to be an epic series. I've read books 1,3,4&5 in the span of a month and can't wait for the upcoming shows/seasons.

I'm not going to do the spoilers though. I promise not to ruin it for you guys.

I'm very appreciative that all readers like you have adopted this attitude!!

It leaves me excited for next season. I just wish it didn't take so long between seasons.

Yes, I thought there were a lot of great set ups for next season. Currently I enjoy the Arya-Hound segments the most.

Well that was a letdown.

Yeah, but it's to setup the latter half of a BOOK. I expected zero thrills. But the Caleesi crowd-serving? Bleh! :sick:

I enjoy the exchanges between Tyrion and Cersei. Confrontational one moment then almost kind in the next.

I want the Lannisters to be in every scene.

I love this show. Serious question to those who have read the books: I think that I am going to start reading the books. I presume that, even though I have watched each of the episodes on HBO, it will be both enjoyable and worth the commitment of time to start reading the books from the beginning. Am I correct?

I love this show. Serious question to those who have read the books: I think that I am going to start reading the books. I presume that, even though I have watched each of the episodes on HBO, it will be both enjoyable and worth the commitment of time to start reading the books from the beginning. Am I correct?

I watched seasons 1 and 2 before starting to read the books, so I knew most of the action in the first two books before reading them. And I have to tell you, it didn't diminish the experience at all. Now, I will say that Book 3 is absolutely spectacular, and I'm glad I read that one before seeing this last season, but I still think it will be very much worth it to read the books even after seeing the first three seasons. I'd definitely do it -- GRRM is a really good writer.