I think this opens up Nassib to Buffalo

Its pretty much a strong possiblity now that Nassib is a 2nd round talent........

With the signing of Kolb you now have TWO qbs on the roster that have been starters for other teams

Neither Kolb or TJ are probably long term answers......but BOTH of them are better quarterbacks then Fitz was

In my opinion they should either

- Look for an opportunity to trade down now.......shoot.....maybe even look to trade down twice and try to pick up an addition 2nd and third pick

or

- Take the best available defensive talent at 8.....a LB maybe?

or

- Cordello Patterson is really really intriguing

but with one of those picks that is not at 8 get Nassib.....who I still feel is gonna be a good QB in this league and let the three QBs fight it out for two spots

Basically, today's news assured me anyways that the Bills won't reach at 8 for a QB. If Geno is there they still may take him but otherwise they are going BPA at a position of need (Patterson is my guess).

You're assuming we have Geno rated as the #1 QB...

There's not going to be a fight. With Kolb's contract, unless the rookie is instantly great like Russell Wilson, he's starting. And Jackson has a $500k guarantee, he's going to be on the roster.

I doubt what you're saying.

I think Kolb's contract will be structured in a way with playing time incentives and such that his total compensation will go down if he doesn't win the starting job. Almost like a two-way contract in hockey or baseball. He could make a lot, or not.

Patterson's skillset is completely wasted under Kolb, too. Ughhhh.

I don't think so.

Patterson's greatest talent is as a run-after-the-catch receiver. He's perfectly suited to taking shallow, horizontal, west coast-type routes and breaking them long.

See to me Cordello Patterson might make the most sense out of all the choices.....

Big

Freakish agility and speed

You put a guy like that on the other side from Stevie and man o man.........

The Bills must be running a west coast type offense under Kolb. Patterson's big weakness is running routes. He could learn, but that will be a huge undertaking for a WR taken 8th.

What you say is true....but another aspect of that is being able to come open quickly....and Cordello can do that.....and the West Coast also relies on recievers doing something wiht the ball after they catch it.....which is definately one of Cordello's strengths

See to me Cordello Patterson might make the most sense out of all the choices.....

Big

Freakish agility and speed

You put a guy like that on the other side from Stevie and man o man.........

It is obviously a position of need (not even sure who they plan on there now). I am with you that I think that Patterson will be the pick. I am good with that.

This move definitely gives them flexibility in the draft. They don't have to "reach" for Nassib at 8 and neglect more talented non-QB prospects. You can feel the pressure valve releasing on Nix & Whaley to get a QB no matter what at 8 with this signing.

This team has plenty of holes so they should not be passing on a clearly better defensive player to "reach" for a QB at 8. it seems that NFL GM's are not very excited about this QB class. Reaching for sub-par talent to fill holes has been this team's Achilles heel for the past couple decades. They need to take the most talented players they can get their hands on.

The bills are sitting at number 8 right at the spot where a team may want to trade up to draft a guy that falls to them. If there is a year to trade back in the 1st round, maybe swap with a team in the late teens and secure their first round pick for next year, this is the year.

Imagine going into the draft next year with two #1s. Heaven.

Can we please at least call the guy by his name? It's Cordarrelle Patterson. It strikes me as indicative of actual knowledge of the subject when posters write passionate arguments for or against players when they don't even know their names.

You people make no sense. Again, there's no QB, WR, RB, Safety, CB, ILB, FB, TE, P, K, Guard worth drafting with the 8th overall pick. Which leaves us with LT, DT, DE, OLB edge rusher as the safest pick. Yet you guys want to reach for an inexperienced WR or a QB in a piss poor draft class. I've been saying this for awhile now. Screw drafting a QB this year. It's done. None of these guys are franchise guys. I'd rather build depth in other positions and draft a QB next year. Give me players that can produce now and build a solid foundation for whatever QB we draft in the future so he has the the necessary tools to succeed. It doesn't take a genius to see this logic.

You people make no sense. Again, there's no QB, WR, RB, Safety, CB, ILB, FB, TE, P, K, Guard worth drafting with the 8th overall pick. Which leaves us with LT, DT, DE, OLB edge rusher as the safest pick. Yet you guys want to reach for an inexperienced WR or a QB in a piss poor draft class. I've been saying this for awhile now. Screw drafting a QB this year. It's done. None of these guys are franchise guys. I'd rather build depth in other positions and draft a QB next year. Give me players that can produce now and build a solid foundation for whatever QB we draft in the future so he has the the necessary tools to succeed. It doesn't take a genius to see this logic.

You know what makes no sense? Speaking in absolutes like you how any of these players are going to work out....

You dont know ****....just like the rest of us.....