Tashard Choice back with the Bills

iommi

I'm not clear on just what Choice gives you on the field. He's big and slow, but not particularly powerful and not a great short yardage back. He's been used as a receiving HB but had a few drops for us, and I'd want that guy to have some shiftiness and be able to get some YAC, anyway. Best 3rd RB in the league? Why exactly?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not clear on just what Choice gives you on the field. He's big and slow, but not particularly powerful and not a great short yardage back. He's been used as a receiving HB but had a few drops for us, and I'd want that guy to have some shiftiness and be able to get some YAC, anyway. Best 3rd RB in the league? Why exactly?

completely agree. Averages 3 yards per carry.

completely agree. Averages 3 yards per carry.

Average speed, average quickness, average blocker, average pass receiver, non-factor on special teams.

Also he doesn't address the one area missing from our RB group: short yardage and goal line power.

The only thing Choice theoretically would have over a cheaper, undrafted free agent is that he's a veteran so he can theoretically pick up the playbook a bit faster. That and the fact that most veteran RBs pass block better than most rookie RBs. But there are exceptions to that rule.

With the Bills new emphasis on analytics, I'm amazed that for their 3rd string running back that they see more value in a 5th year veteran ($595,000/year) than a late-round or undrafted rookie.

I thought with Gailey gone that the Georgie Tech nepotism was over with.

Like I said upthread, stunned and disappointed.

With zero upside and nothing to offer, hopefully CJ and Freddy stay healthy all year and we never see Choice on the field.

Choice is useful in pass blocking and running between the tackles. But, he's not a special teamer like many other 3rd RBs, and I doubt any other teams would have paid beyond the $600k minimum to get him.

Average speed, average quickness, average blocker, average pass receiver, non-factor on special teams.

Also he doesn't address the one area missing from our RB group: short yardage and goal line power.

The only thing Choice theoretically would have over a cheaper, undrafted free agent is that he's a veteran so he can theoretically pick up the playbook a bit faster. That and the fact that most veteran RBs pass block better than most rookie RBs. But there are exceptions to that rule.

With the Bills new emphasis on analytics, I'm amazed that for their 3rd string running back that they see more value in a 5th year veteran ($595,000/year) than a late-round or undrafted rookie.

I thought with Gailey gone that the Georgie Tech nepotism was over with.

Like I said upthread, stunned and disappointed.

With zero upside and nothing to offer, hopefully CJ and Freddy stay healthy all year and we never see Choice on the field.

I agree with most of this. He's just another guy really. I fail to see the reason to pay a 5th year vet salary for that.

Why? Nix just keeps making moves that makes no sense and this one takes the cake. There has to be at least a dozen free agent RBs who are better and wouldn't cost a penny more to sign? Choice has been worthless since Gailey brought him here.

Why? Nix just keeps making moves that makes no sense and this one takes the cake. There has to be at least a dozen free agent RBs who are better and wouldn't cost a penny more to sign? Choice has been worthless since Gailey brought him here.

Wait wait...but he's a team leader who calls guys out.

I agree and for the record I always get more of a chuckle when people type roll player then the correct "role player" which you didn't...

Do you mean "rather than" instead of "then", Mr. Grammarian?

Edited by vincec