ESPN Insider : McShay latest 2 rd mock draft

Dat Dude

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hate the idea of using a first round pick to fill a hole created during FA.

See: McKelvin, Leodis.

I couldn't agree anymore. And what happens if Warmack turns out to be good? Then they let him go four years from now too? I'm not worried about it though. Draft a guard late, let him compete with Colin Brown and David Snow and the offensive line will be absolutely fine. We have way more pressing needs at this point.

The difference between an "elite" guard, and a good NFL guard is not big enough to justify an 8th pick.

Pick an impact, skill position.

PS: don't take Nassib please.

Edited by B-Man

Common rules like that are thrown out for this draft. There's no blue chippers.

ok maybe someone will take him higher than guards usually get picked but it definitely shouldn't be us. we don't need a guard THAT bad. we have too many other more important holes (QB, LB, WR)

Why do you say that?

The Bills had an elite guard in Levitre, arguably the best pass blocking guard in the league with high YPC to the left side, and he wanted to stay in Buffalo. Maybe Ralph dies and Russ Brandon goes away by then, but I'm not betting on it. If they're not paying to keep Levitre, they're not paying for anyone good at the position.

There's still value in having Warmack for 4 years at a relatively cheap price tag, assuming that he ends up being a top guard. Big assumption.

The Bills had an elite guard in Levitre, arguably the best pass blocking guard in the league with high YPC to the left side, and he wanted to stay in Buffalo. Maybe Ralph dies and Russ Brandon goes away by then, but I'm not betting on it. If they're not paying to keep Levitre, they're not paying for anyone good at the position.

There's still value in having Warmack for 4 years at a relatively cheap price tag, assuming that he ends up being a top guard. Big assumption.

And the legend of Levitre continues to grow. I heard that Levitre once killed a Grizzly bear with his bare hands.

In all seriousness, it is possible that he wasn't resigned because the team didn't value the position as highly. But then, it's also possible that the team didn't value that particular player that highly. Assuming that because they didn't resign one player at a particular position that they will never resign a player at that same position is faulty logic.

I truly hate the idea of using a first round pick to fill a hole created during FA.

See: McKelvin, Leodis.

That's the way thing roll at OBD. Like a hamster running in a wheel the Bills take one step back and one step forward.

Levitre is not an elite guard. His is a good pass blocker (not great) and a good pulling guard. He is not a bad run blocker, but he's not a great one either. He gets overpowered a lot of times. He may be above average overall, but he's not in the Logan Mankins stratosphere.

Levitre does, or should get points for not missing a game in four seasons and versatility

i agree, the Bills set precedent by showing they do not value Guard play that high. they may not be the same exact player but close enough.

if they won't pay their own guy 7.8M, i don't see how they use a top 10 pick on one and pay him 5M dollars. that seems... well, stupid.