TJ Lane

boyst

For those of you that followed the TJ Lane story then you already know. For those that did not: http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-school-killer-tj-lane-snuck-killer-shirt/story?id=18774193#.UU3UilfDj7B

This kid was bullied by many members of this school. He would take a bus to the school as a transfer and eat lunch at this school while going to the primary school he attended. According to reports the transfer lunch school was a preppy Hollister type school, while TJ was considered a more outside type, from the poorer side of town.

The kid really pissed off a lot of people, and he should have. Granted he looked like an unsympathetic, remorseless looking villain but he was also a victim. He stood up for himself, and attacked his attackers. This is not about his choice or method chosen to do so - because violence is not an answer. But, if this kid would have tried to fight these kids he'd have got his ass kicked and suspended. If he turned them in or went to the principal about it he'd likely have got ignored. If he just sat alone and ignored it would have continued.

I feel bad for the parents losing their kids, and do not think the kids need to die. However, I think this story should be taught in classrooms around this country to show that some times you just need to realize you shouldn't F with some people. If you have never been bullied then you might not understand. I had been bullied relentlessly for a long time growing up - despite being bigger, stronger, faster, etc then almost all of my class. It does not matter your size, strength, or how smart you are because bullies just do not care and as soon as you lash out against them you are no longer the victim. Especially when you are a twice their size.

Also, I find it funny in the video that the woman who said she felt sympathy for him, her son felt sympathy for him and was considering letting him sit back at the same table with him again. She clearly does not get it. Then she goes on to say she will forget him and move on then goes on to say that she will always feel better knowing he is rotting in prison. Maybe her parenting is a major issue of what lead up to the events.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jboys I don't even know what this topic is ... I mean yes it is unfortunate people are rude or bully other people certainly when they are young but ... this topic ...

Topic was about TJ Lane's trial and murders. A rant of sort but just being fed up with the way victims want to announce their struggles and demean those who put them there.

I figured something was up. Either he is totally whacked and went off (truly insane)... Or he was pushed over that edge. The news reports/prosecution keep on saying that they don't know what the motive was. Really? Come on, they know exactly why he did it.

Just imagine if the real story comes out... I guess as a society we can't have that... Imagine the copy cats that would abound... The carnage. Can society really handle what pushed this kid over the edge? I don't think so.

Best to leave this story alone. I understand where you are coming from jboyst... I just think you will get attacked for speaking it. I hope you don't...

I figured something was up. Either he is totally whacked and went off (truly insane)... Or he was pushed over that edge. The news reports/prosecution keep on saying that they don't know what the motive was. Really? Come on, they know exactly why he did it.

Just imagine if the real story comes out... I guess as a society we can't have that... Imagine the copy cats that would abound... The carnage. Can society really handle what pushed this kid over the edge? I don't think so.

Best to leave this story alone. I understand where you are coming from jboyst... I just think you will get attacked for speaking it. I hope you don't...

My guess is that he was on the short list for being a federal employee. Either a postman or a toll collector.

My guess is that he was on the short list for being a federal employee. Either a postman or a toll collector.

One is not surprised that he becomes deranged after working in that industry. See above examples.

Attack all you want, but the Bullied need to stand up for themselves. This bull crap of turning in bullies, this campaign to stand up to stop the harassment and cyber-trolls and all that other junk - it's BS. Stand up for your g-damn self, teach people to be independent and get off the tit. Do not go in and bring a shotgun to speak your mind, but go breath and clear your mind. Meditate on it, if you will. Figure out why you are in the situation you are in, whatever. Then, go back and move on.

If someone at work is bothering you, find a way to ignore them, realize it is just work and professional attitudes are required, and most importantly - go home and enjoy your life.

If someone at school is bothering you - well, I went to school for a few years and coached a while, too. Teachers, educators, whatever, know who is bullying others. They know who is causing the problems and most of the time they do nothing about it. That is just fine with me, because they should not have to nurse the weak. We need classes in school to toughen up kids and teach them to respect themselves enough to stand up to the **** they are only going to face more and more of the rest of their life.

TJ Lane is an important lesson to this country. Too bad no one will ever learn it.

So...you are basically saying that TJ Lane is an important story for bullies to know...while obviously saying it with the disclaimer "I don't approve of murder" you are still basically saying this is an important story b/c it show you can die if you bully? Or in the other direction showing bully victims they can "stand up for themselves?"

This makes no sense. This story is about a kid that snapped and did unthinkable evil that is not logically proportionate to anything he may or may not have suffered as an outcast in a high school social environment...the lesson should be that childish BS is just childish BS and kids should knock off the uglyness and to the extent it can't be done the outcasts are just going to have to grit their teeth and get to adulthood...the lesson is not some grand or novel revelation about bullying...

Edited by SameOldBills

So...you are basically saying that TJ Lane is an important story for bullies to know...while obviously saying it with the disclaimer "I don't approve of murder" you are still basically saying this is an important story b/c it show you can die if you bully? Or in the other direction showing bully victims they can "stand up for themselves?"

This makes no sense. This story is about a kid that snapped and did unthinkable evil that is not logically proportionate to anything he may or may not have suffered as an outcast in a high school social environment...the lesson should be that childish BS is just childish BS and kids should knock off the uglyness and to the extent it can't be done the outcasts are just going to have to grit their teeth and get to adulthood...the lesson is not some grand or novel revelation about bullying...

The bullied out there are beaten down and often times finding themselves helpless to power and helpless to do anything to change the situation. Especially when authority figures do not do anything to stop it. Not that they should, though. Kids will not knock off the ugliness, they just won't. Those outcasts cannot grit their teeth forever.

In today's world of instant gratification, the up to the second streaming media, and the way in which the over reaction and outlandish behavior is now praised is disgusting. We can insult and be purely evil one minute then be forgiven the next. Over reaction is all too common right now. If a new song is out it is "OMG amazing," if Justin Bieber or Madonna gets in a car crash while high it is something that stops the presses for 5 minutes until the world goes on to the next story where Hilary Duff wore 'that' last night, then Obama's kids were caught eating really expensive ice cream in downtown Harlem while their dad was preaching about how the poor deserve better... anyway, yeah, everything is the next best thing, emotions are ripped up in this world today where the over reaction is no longer an over reaction because there are no consequences anymore. There are no manners or thoughtfulness. TJ Lane over reacted and his consequence is hardly fair to the situation - but it needs to be noticed. He killed school kids that bullied him and he has over reacted since. His quote "This is the hand that killed your son and it now masturbate to the memory of it." then flicks off the family - that's over reacting. It made headlines...until tomorrow when who knows replaces it. Just like the mother who talked about how purely Saint-like her son was.

TJ Lane's case is an example of what is wrong with this country.

The bullied out there are beaten down and often times finding themselves helpless to power and helpless to do anything to change the situation. Especially when authority figures do not do anything to stop it. Not that they should, though. Kids will not knock off the ugliness, they just won't. Those outcasts cannot grit their teeth forever.

In today's world of instant gratification, the up to the second streaming media, and the way in which the over reaction and outlandish behavior is now praised is disgusting. We can insult and be purely evil one minute then be forgiven the next. Over reaction is all too common right now. If a new song is out it is "OMG amazing," if Justin Bieber or Madonna gets in a car crash while high it is something that stops the presses for 5 minutes until the world goes on to the next story where Hilary Duff wore 'that' last night, then Obama's kids were caught eating really expensive ice cream in downtown Harlem while their dad was preaching about how the poor deserve better... anyway, yeah, everything is the next best thing, emotions are ripped up in this world today where the over reaction is no longer an over reaction because there are no consequences anymore. There are no manners or thoughtfulness. TJ Lane over reacted and his consequence is hardly fair to the situation - but it needs to be noticed. He killed school kids that bullied him and he has over reacted since. His quote "This is the hand that killed your son and it now masturbate to the memory of it." then flicks off the family - that's over reacting. It made headlines...until tomorrow when who knows replaces it. Just like the mother who talked about how purely Saint-like her son was.

TJ Lane's case is an example of what is wrong with this country.

So... the t-shirt and clearly psychopathic behavior in the court room is going too far but shooting three people who bullied him is their fault, not his.

Gotcha.

Edited by We Come In Peace

So... the t-shirt and clearly psychopathic behavior in the court room is going too far but shooting three people who bullied him is their fault, not his.

Gotcha.

Violence is too far, but the message needs to be heard that if you !@#$ with some people you'll get !@#$ed with back.

Violence is too far, but the message needs to be heard that if you !@#$ with some people you'll get !@#$ed with back.

Hehe, I think to look at this story and say it is important for America b/c it delivers the above typed message is a bit overboard...

We need classes in school to toughen up kids and teach them to respect themselves enough to stand up to the **** they are only going to face more and more of the rest of their life.

We had it, it was called gym class, specifically dodge ball. Now parents have it taken away because "their little Johnny got hurt".

Side note, in my high school, the girls got to do archery, but not the boys. The reason? Because they were afraid the boys would shoot each other. We tried to tell them the girls were just as catty, if not more, than the boys.