TJ Lane

boyst

I'm fairly certain a google search can produce plenty of results. Hell it happened near me twice, and both times people would talk about how this is apparently more common than known. Young kids can really hurt each other, and often times if the head hits the ground that can result in death.

It's easy to say "oh the pussification of America" but live right near where some 4th grade kid was killed in a fight at school near the school bus pickup area...it's a pretty depressing thing to have happen.

Edited by SameOldBills

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly certain a google search can produce plenty of results. Hell it happened near me twice, and both times people would talk about how this is apparently more common than known. Young kids can really hurt each other, and often times if the head hits the ground that can result in death.

It's easy to say "oh the pussification of America" but live right near where some 4th grade kid was killed in a fight at school near the school bus pickup area...it's a pretty depressing thing to have happen.

If it happened as often as you say then we need to spread word about it. I am fine with a few bullies being taken out along he way.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Bring Back the Duel! :death::w00t:

However, modify it for today. The offended can challenge the offender to anything they want, and the principal must first ajudicate whether an offense has been committed, then, organize the challenge, and ensure each person has a second. Example: A singing duel in front of the whole school would be not only hysterical, but a source of Great Justice on Youtube, especially if the offender can't sing.

See? Technology is never the problem, using it poorly/without enough thought is the root cause. Duels could be in 1 v 1 basketball, swimming, math, anything. Think about it:

if you are being bullied by the big fat kid, don't you want to make him swim and have to get pulled out of the pool...and have that posted on youtube?

if you were a total nerd, and the bully is a total dunce, wouldn't you want his idiocy publicly exposed...youtube?

if you really are that loser kid, who has no friends and no chance, why not challenge the bully to fashion modelling? Making them wear a dress is totally worth it, and what do you have to lose? If the bully persists, one duel is handed out for each offense. Wouldn't you want to make him wear a dress every week...jesus F'ing Christ YOUTUBE?

if you are jboyst62 wouldn't you challenge the weak, scrawny ****-talker...to a weight lifting contest? How about a jumping contest? Need I say it again?

See? All that is required is a little thought, and some wisdom on the part of the principal. Asking too much?

If we are to believe that every kid has value, then why not give the bully an object lesson in that belief? Don't give me any crap about the self-esteem of the bully. :rolleyes: If they committed the offense per the principal, then they deserve what they get, and lo and behold, they may find that they actually like swimming...which would give them the outlet they require and curtail their insecurity(the root cause of bullying), and thus, no more bullying. And, to complete the circle, the principal is the one that puts it on Youtube, and therefore, is also the one who takes it down, if the lesson has been learned.

Personally, (heh, obviously), as the eternal new kid, fighting was the only option for me. However, after having gone through 14(I actually just counted them up...that was fun) wanna-be bullies, from K-college, I have found that it rarely required more than 1(one), well placed punch, to get the point across. So, I don't see the "big health risk" argument at all.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Bring Back the Duel! :death::w00t:

However, modify it for today. The offended can challenge the offender to anything they want, and the principal must first ajudicate whether an offense has been committed, then, organize the challenge, and ensure each person has a second. Example: A singing duel in front of the whole school would be not only hysterical, but a source of Great Justice on Youtube, especially if the offender can't sing.

See? Technology is never the problem, using it poorly/without enough thought is the root cause. Duels could be in 1 v 1 basketball, swimming, math, anything. Think about it:

if you are being bullied by the big fat kid, don't you want to make him swim and have to get pulled out of the pool...and have that posted on youtube?

if you were a total nerd, and the bully is a total dunce, wouldn't you want his idiocy publicly exposed...youtube?

if you really are that loser kid, who has no friends and no chance, why not challenge the bully to fashion modelling? Making them wear a dress is totally worth it, and what do you have to lose? If the bully persists, one duel is handed out for each offense. Wouldn't you want to make him wear a dress every week...jesus F'ing Christ YOUTUBE?

if you are jboyst62 wouldn't you challenge the weak, scrawny ****-talker...to a weight lifting contest? How about a jumping contest? Need I say it again?

See? All that is required is a little thought, and some wisdom on the part of the principal. Asking too much?

If we are to believe that every kid has value, then why not give the bully an object lesson in that belief? Don't give me any crap about the self-esteem of the bully. :rolleyes: If they committed the offense per the principal, then they deserve what they get, and lo and behold, they may find that they actually like swimming...which would give them the outlet they require and curtail their insecurity(the root cause of bullying), and thus, no more bullying. And, to complete the circle, the principal is the one that puts it on Youtube, and therefore, is also the one who takes it down, if the lesson has been learned.

Personally, (heh, obviously), as the eternal new kid, fighting was the only option for me. However, after having gone through 14(I actually just counted them up...that was fun) wanna-be bullies, from K-college, I have found that it rarely required more than 1(one), well placed punch, to get the point across. So, I don't see the "big health risk" argument at all.

Not a bad idea.

14 and you just counted them up. Glad that they could all pop into your mind... I guess it took a little though to remember? :-P

Not a bad idea.

14 and you just counted them up. Glad that they could all pop into your mind... I guess it took a little though to remember? :-P

They were people that mattered only for a few days..or in some cases only 5 minutes of **** talking + the time it took to throw the punch. So yeah, since I don't devote any of my internal RAM to irrelevant people, I had to take a second, "go to disk", and count them up.

Now, if only we could've gotten you to do the same when it came to carp.... :P:pirate:

They were people that mattered only for a few days..or in some cases only 5 minutes of **** talking + the time it took to throw the punch. So yeah, since I don't devote any of my internal RAM to irrelevant people, I had to take a second, "go to disk", and count them up.

Now, if only we could've gotten you to do the same when it came to carp.... :P:pirate:

LoL Point noted.

Your sense of humor is your chief characteristic on this board.

Probably why I never got bullied. ;-)

And I was a big kid... Never did the bullying either. :-P

Oh... I counted 3 dead silver carp on the sides of barges in 2009 before anybody knew that transporting dead carp that jumped on to the decks, a hundred miles down river, of low freeboard vessels would cause a eDNA problem. Since then: ZERO

Sneaky little bastards those Asian carp...

;-)