Lost in all of this, we need a Tight End

I know - I can't believe the Bills haven't gone after him yet. This is an example of the kinds of risks the Bills SHOULD be taking - when healthy, Davis is multi-dimensional, pro-bowl level TE, and he's young - and all the Bills have to do is throw a minimum salary at him! They need to look to the higher ceiling players, and I hope they quickly begin to!

They have to throw a minimum salary at him? Wake up man. Why would he come to Buffalo? The team with the worst QBs in the nfl. We'd have to pay him at least 3 mill a year IMO. That being said, I'd love to sign him for 3 mill a year. When healthy, he's a very good tight end.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Ertz all day. Get er dun!

Would you trade up for him? I don't think he'll be there when we pick in round 2, although there is a chance. If he's there at 41, it makes total sense....which means we'll likely select some bum DT, a la troupe > gronk

The Bills do need a TE.

The Bills also need a QB, the need WR's, they need OL, they need LB's, and these are just the critical needs.

Does this sound like a contender?

Not so much.

What an update! I had no idea we had holes in our roster. And our first game is only 6 months away. I sure hope there's a draft or more free agency before then.

Would you trade up for him? I don't think he'll be there when we pick in round 2, although there is a chance. If he's there at 41, it makes total sense....which means we'll likely select some bum DT, a la troupe > gronk

Not so sure with the lb/ol holes we have.....but to look at what the colts did last year grabbing 2 top tier tight ends for their rookie qb, it's not a bad look. The rookie qb will need some weapons. Allen and fleener w colts did equal playoffs w a no defense Indy colts squad

TE is the last thing we need. OMG people.

OG, MLB, OLB, S, CB, WR, QB, are all needs before we should even THINK about TE. :wallbash:

Why the OMG and the wall bash ? We are gonna sit in the dark ages with the tight end position ? Meanwhile Vernon Davis is in the Super Bowl. Gronk, jimmy graham, ravens pitta/Dixon combo, Seahawks combo miller/McCoy, colts 2 fleener/Allen, tony g keep getting it done......tight end is a need as well.

Zach ertz/Tyler eiffert/kelce would be huge additions to the offense IMO

Edited by Ryan L Billz

A TE can be very helpful to a new QB. Especially an HB type. People seem to categorize positions all wrong around here. The tight end is a receiver, a pass blocker and a run blocker. The tight can be in motion behind the line of scrimmage giving him the ability to counter what the defense is doing. This position is far more important than a lot of people realize.

A big powerful receiving TE is hard to bring down and is a natural threat in the red zone too. Don't discount the position. Look what Brady is doing with TEs. They can be very useful. I tend to think that some of the most potent offenses in the league use TEs as receivers.

Not so sure with the lb/ol holes we have.....but to look at what the colts did last year grabbing 2 top tier tight ends for their rookie qb, it's not a bad look. The rookie qb will need some weapons. Allen and fleener w colts did equal playoffs w a no defense Indy colts squad

Why the OMG and the wall bash ? We are gonna sit in the dark ages with the tight end position ? Meanwhile Vernon Davis is in the Super Bowl. Gronk, jimmy graham, ravens pitta/Dixon combo, Seahawks combo miller/McCoy, colts 2 fleener/Allen, tony g keep getting it done......tight end is a need as well.

Zach ertz/Tyler eiffert/kelce would be huge additions to the offense IMO

I do agree with you on the need for a tight end, but one thing those TE's you mentioned have in common is a good to great QB to get them the ball. If we get a QB everything else will fall in place. Chandler could have been a Probowler with Brady or Brees as his QB.

There are no guarantees Chandler will be close to being ready, so we are going to need another guy to stretch the field. Much like Metz in the K Gun and Graham in NO We need a TE for Marrone's Offense to stretch the field and be a legit threat

"Metz" was a TE who could stretch the field? :lol: