Let's take some guesses why OBD isn't doing anything

Could be because the FA pool is loaded with overpriced veterans that they do not feel is a good fit for what they are trying to achieve. I always marvel at folks that act like rabid women shoppers on black Friday. My wife comes home with 50 things we don't need because they were on sale, I feel the same way about the FA rush each year.

It's sort of like that except its the opposite. Black Friday is a lot of stuff you don't need at ridiculously low prices. The bills could use just about every free agent out there as the current roster might have 1 or 2 players at most that are tops at their position. In their case they just couldn't afford to sign the number of players it would take to make this team good.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was OOB where they went. ME this time of the year is nice. Why do we worry so much about players other teams don't want to pay the big bucks. There is a reason for that. They know there true values. We have a plan and another year of suffering ahead of us. Stock up on the crying towels. Sad day in mudville.

There having there company picnic treating everyone how to scout like an Indian for a week !

there trying to get all the overly whiny to blow a gasket and have an aneurism> I sincerely hope that happens

They know there true values.

I pray for our children.

Whatever anyone wants to say, it IS important.

If one doesn't embrace that belief, at least make sure your children do. Do them that favor.

I pray for our children.

Whatever anyone wants to say, it IS important.

If one doesn't embrace that belief, at least make sure your children do. Do them that favor.

There, there!

Could be because the FA pool is loaded with overpriced veterans that they do not feel is a good fit for what they are trying to achieve. I always marvel at folks that act like rabid women shoppers on black Friday. My wife comes home with 50 things we don't need because they were on sale, I feel the same way about the FA rush each year.

I get your point and agree with you. However, the analogy is backwards.

They are things we definitely need or at least could use (Mike Wallace, Paul Kruger, etc) but are not on sale but instead extremely overpriced. So in essence, as the Bill's GM she would be signing every free agent running back available (that are unwanted by other NFL teams) to the veteran minimum.

Edited by earthtobrint

We actually signed Lawson(2 days) in less amount of time this year then Mario (3 days) last year. Mark Anderson was not signed until eleven days into free agency last year. So maybe there is still hope to do something.

We actually signed Lawson(2 days) in less amount of time this year then Mario (3 days) last year. Mark Anderson was not signed until eleven days into free agency last year. So maybe there is still hope to do something.

Too much rationality here.

I understand your point, ColdBlue, but perhaps you would agree the wife bringing home "stuff we don't need" was not the best analogy? We do have a lot of needs, we all agree there.

Frankly, I don't quite buy the "overpriced FA and lemming teams" notion. A lot of the players who have signed, are quality players and are reported to have signed for quite reasonable salaries and moderate contracts, and Buffalo appears to have the cap space to bring in some more solid quality pieces and not wait for Torbor/Davis/Ayodele type scraps. Whether we have the organizational will to do so is another question.

I think Kelly the Dog may be closer to correct - we're trying and getting skunked.

The sky is falling :)

I am sure that they have tried to land a few others free agents, but what does getting skunked entail? I am pretty confident that they simply refuse to get into a bidding war on average talent and there is always the possibility of free agents wanting to sign elsewhere regardless of pay.

I just don't get the yearly ritual of panic around the free agency period it makes no sense, and clearly the recent past with the Bills shows that getting the best FA talent available at a need position does not automagically translate into improving your team or noticeably improving that need position for that matter.

As I stated before, they will round out the roster when other teams trim their own later in the year and they will do so without breaking the bank.