Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas

By almost all accounts, he's been the best QB at the Senior Bowl. We should draft him at #8.

Despite the fact he has hands the size of a small child? Sounds preposterous -- he'll be fumbling all of those cold balls in Buffalo.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Charles Davis on the NFL NETWORK . His take on Wilson Made all the throws. One gm didn`t like his arm strength. Likes him better than Nassib throws a better ball. Both have not got big arms. Saw him as a 3rd round pick.Said he was a good leader. Doesn`t see him as a fulltime QB in NFL.

Damn.. someone please make these damn pro days go away. The players train specifically for their scripted dog and pony show in the confines of their venue in a non game scenario. Kind of like a golpher who has played the same course for 2 months with a pro trainer at his side and when he's mastered it, invite everyone to see how great his swing is. Yee haaa. BFD.

Just look at the damn game video for Christ's sake. The video doesn't lie.

I think Wilson has really good intangibles. I love his toughness and leadership. He seems to be a natural thrower and by that I mean that he seems to understand how each throw has to be made with regards to speed, and trajectory.

I think Nassib has really good intangibles although he doesn't look like a natural thrower to me.

I'm not sure Barkley has good intangibles.

What all three have in common is that they are phyiscally average.

Oh, and btw, please merge:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/155186-tyler-wilson/page__hl__%2Btyler+%2Bwilson

I think Wilson has really good intangibles. I love his toughness and leadership. He seems to be a natural thrower and by that I mean that he seems to understand how each throw has to be made with regards to speed, and trajectory.

Keen observation. What you are basically saying is that he is a better passer than a thrower.Having a great gun doesn't necessarily translate into being a good qb. If that was the case JaMarcuss Russell would still be in the league.

I think Nassib has really good intangibles although he doesn't look like a natural thrower to me.

What all three have in common is that they are phyiscally average.:

The best current example of a qb with great intangibles and average physicall traits is Drew Brees. He is short and not the most gifted athlete. After his career is over he will be up at the podium in Canton for his induction. He was drafted at the top of the second round.

I disagree with the people who are making the claim that this draft class doesn't have good qb prospects. Without a doubt this class doesn't have the recognized elite prospect such as Luck and RGIII, but it does has a number of secondary tier qb prospects who are capable of being good franchise qbs.

If Nix's first preference for a qb is taken, such as Geno Smith, there are still very good alternative qb selections that could turn out to be a sterling selection.

Edited by JohnC

http://forums.twobil..._+tyler +wilson

I would rather the Bills take BPA at eight and take the best available QB at 41.

http://forums.twobil..._+tyler +wilson

I have been advocating for Wilson all season. I would be happy to have him with a second round pick.

Just watched Charles Davis on the NFL NETWORK . His take on Wilson Made all the throws. One gm didn`t like his arm strength. Likes him better than Nassib throws a better ball. Both have not got big arms. Saw him as a 3rd round pick.Said he was a good leader. Doesn`t see him as a fulltime QB in NFL.

humm.....sounds like hat a lot of people said about R. Wilson last year. 3rd round pick, etc. I'd take EJ Maneul first, but Wilson if EJ not available.

Keen observation. What you are basically saying is that he is a better passer than a thrower.Having a great gun doesn't necessarily translate into being a good qb. If that was the case JaMarcuss Russell would still be in the league.

The best current example of a qb with great intangibles and average physicall traits is Drew Brees. He is short and not the most gifted athlete. After his career is over he will be up at the podium in Canton for his induction. He was drafted at the top of the second round.

I disagree with the people who are making the claim that this draft class doesn't have good qb prospects. Without a doubt this class doesn't have the recognized elite prospect such as Luck and RGIII, but it does has a number of secondary tier qb prospects who are capable of being good franchise qbs.

If Nix's first preference for a qb is taken, such as Geno Smith, there are still very good alternative qb selections that could turn out to be a sterling selection.

Totally agree.

And yes, I QB can be a great passer without having a bazooka arm.