Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History.

Drew Brees had an amazing season before the shoulder injury (in 2004, then another good one in 2005). Apples and oranges.

History, they thought so much of him they drafted his replacement and was kicking him out the door. And looking at Brees' stats he had one 'great' rated season with SD and two total crap ones in the 5 years there.

Not me. Any QB behind that line would suck. The running game was also putrid. I always liked Kolb.

Yeah That has to be the worst OL in the NFL And NO Running back. If we have anything over AZ its both those areas

Soon to be closed...count on it.

I am sure it will be as whiners like you will B word to mods although its a totally separate Subject on Kolb vs the TWO kolb signs or kolb is a Bill threads

I'm OK with this. It shouldn't cost a lot and it gives us some room to breath.

+1

I like Kolb's skill set alot, and he was never really given the opportunity to succeed in Arizona. It's impossible to quarterback from the turf. He'll get a real opportunity to show who he is as an NFL player in Buffalo, and will likely arrive with a chip on his shoulder. I'm bullish on him.

My point was that history suggests that Kolb won't be good.

I don't need all the fingers on one hand to count the number of good opponents Kolb has led his team to victory over. That Reid believed in him is something, I guess. I look at around 59% completion %, struggling to get 7 YPA, a not-great TD/INT ratio, and I see... Just A Guy.

Maybe he had potential at one point, but there is real risk that the man is shell-shocked.

I don't need all the fingers on one hand to count the number of good opponents Kolb has led his team to victory over. That Reid believed in him is something, I guess. I look at around 59% completion %, struggling to get 7 YPA, a not-great TD/INT ratio, and I see... Just A Guy.

Maybe he had potential at one point, but there is real risk that the man is shell-shocked.

I see a guy playing behind an OL that forced Kurt Warner into retirement and STILL Beat the Pats last year.

Fellas, what this means is that the Bills are now not forced to take a QB with the #8 pick overall. That doesn't mean that they won't. It just gives them more options. I like the move. I think Kolb is actually a better QB than Fitz. He had some really big games when he was with the Eagles. I don't want to say this too loud, but I think the Bills think that Barkley is the gem of the draft. It's possible that they think they can get Barkley in R2. The other point I'd like to make is that if I'm Nix and I don't feel the need to take a QB at #8 overall then I'm looking to trade down to acquire more draft picks.

I think you are absolutely, 100% on the money....

Edited by johnnywo

With what kind of line and running game. Kurt Warner said nobody could play behind that line and with that running back tandem.

With what kind of line and running game. Kurt Warner said nobody could play behind that line and with that running back tandem.

Pa, don't you know by now Bills fans only go for the 'Name' that the media loves? I mean they would B word if we got Aaron Rogers! And they are NOT going to listen to a future HOF QB tell them anything about how the OL Was that bad and the #1 reason he retired and Kolb failed.

I see a guy playing behind an OL that forced Kurt Warner into retirement and STILL Beat the Pats last year.

And Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Bills to beat the Pats in 2011. Rah rah? We'll see who's right.

Pa, don't you know by now Bills fans only go for the 'Name' that the media loves? I mean they would B word if we got Aaron Rogers! And they are NOT going to listen to a future HOF QB tell them anything about how the OL Was that bad and the #1 reason he retired and Kolb failed.

Hall of Famers are infallible and their opinions on all matters are worth their weight in gold

Sincerely,

Bill "I <3 Trent" Walsh

Marv "GM of the Year" Levy

And Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Bills to beat the Pats in 2011. Rah rah? We'll see who's right.

Hall of Famers are infallible and their opinions on all matters are worth their weight in gold

Sincerely,

Bill "I <3 Trent" Walsh

Sincerely,

Bill "I <3 Trent" Walsh

Keep trying, facts are Kolb was in demand 2 years ago for a reason. AZ's OL and Running game sucks, but the Bills are outstanding in both. Oh and your boy Fitz lead them to a win in how many attempts? Kolb is 1-0 I think.

Keep trying, facts are Kolb was in demand 2 years ago for a reason. AZ's OL and Running game sucks, but the Bills are outstanding in both. Oh and your boy Fitz lead them to a win in how many attempts? Kolb is 1-0 I think.

Fitz is my boy? Uh...

And I thought Arizona overpaid for an unproven and unremarkable QB at the time.

The facts are in the stats I shared earlier in the thread. Whoopty-doo, he helped beat NE.

BTW, did he or did he not have one of the NFL's best receivers the past few years?

I like this signing kolb had cardinals at 4 and 1 before he was lost for the season behind the worst ol in the league..now I am not saying kolb is the answer but this signing means we are not in a desperate position to reach for a qb who is not worth the #8 pick and pick best player available...and let's see what kolb can do with a running game and good ol

2+ years? Guaranteed money? Not take a QB in the first? Whaaaaat? That is crazy talk. Kolb hasn't played a full season. He is not the answer to anything except more of the same. It better be a veteran minimum no year contract and they better draft a QB in the first couple rounds. He is not a savior. He isn't much of anything. If the Bills think so, they will just be setting themselves back a few more years.