If you're going to start a rookie QB in 2013 . . .

1B4IDie

. . .wouldn't you want a solid O-Line.

The 8 MIl for Levitre is a steal especially if you consider that he would have been keeping the Bills' rookie QB clean and healthy.

One Bills Drive conscientiously decided to let their starting QB, RG, and LG walk.

So now you have TJax, a 3rd string QB on any NFL roster, Jason Campbell the best FA QB (well probably second best to Fitz (and that is a sad FA class)) at QB. Meaning if you draft anyone with a pulse they will win the starting QB job.

At the same time as going with a rookie QB that needs to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL you let your Top10 O-Line fall apart.(really Top 3 but I don't feel like arguing that point, you can't really say the Bills O-Line in 2012 would be ranked under 10 unless you're a troll)

Hopefully AJ McCarren can translate to a #1 overall pick in 2014 because we're seriously headed that way. Like seriously the 2013 schedule is tough and the Bills can't beat the Jests so 4 wins would be an accomplishment at this pace.

Awesome plan One Bills Drive.

Wow, usually "there is always next year" starts in Nov not March. This is really really really depressing.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Losing any good player sucks. How they respond to losing a good player is even more important than losing the player himself.

If the Bills use the 8 M to sign a LB and a G, who both make the Pro Bowl in 2013, the Bills are better. If the Bills take an OG in the draft who sets the standard for being a modern NFL Guard and is destined for the HOF, the Bills are better.

Granted, Nix has not been the best GM. But I'm willing to entertain the possibility that the FO changes actually were changes and the Bills might turn the corner this time.

It beats pissing and moaning (and I know that I've done plenty). I do, however, reserve the right to P&M if the Bills take a CB at 8 in the draft.

Losing any good player sucks. How they respond to losing a good player is even more important than losing the player himself.

If the Bills use the 8 M to sign a LB and a G, who both make the Pro Bowl in 2013, the Bills are better. If the Bills take an OG in the draft who sets the standard for being a modern NFL Guard and is destined for the HOF, the Bills are better.

Granted, Nix has not been the best GM. But I'm willing to entertain the possibility that the FO changes actually were changes and the Bills might turn the corner this time.

It beats pissing and moaning (and I know that I've done plenty). I do, however, reserve the right to P&M if the Bills take a CB at 8 in the draft.

Turn the corner from constant 6-10 to 2-14?

Christ, NO it is not a steal. NO you do not pay guards that much money. Dear God get over it already folks, guards aren't worth the money and he is gone now. Time to deal with it an move on.

Guards are more important than Tackles in today's NFL.

Quick passing offenses can't take pressure up the middle. Pressure from the Edge is acceptable.

Plus you can't touch a QB so the time when QBs got burried by DE on their blindside is over.

They get handled with baby gloves and are brought gingerly to the ground by a defender.

Ask the Patriots that pay tackle money to their guards.

Its 2013 not 1993.

Urbik is still on the roster. We lost his backup today. No big deal.

The one thing this FO has been good at is identifying OL talent in FA and UDFA.

Our starting LT, C, RG, and RT, and 2 good backup OTs are still on the roster. The unit is still mostly intact.

Take a breath.

Hopefully AJ McCarren can translate to a #1 overall pick in 2014 because we're seriously headed that way. Like seriously the 2013 schedule is tough and the Bills can't beat the Jests so 4 wins would be an accomplishment at this pace.

I think McCarron will be joined by Bridgewater, and Manziel in the Top 10 of 2014...Assuming they all come out of course... B-)

Christ, NO it is not a steal. NO you do not pay guards that much money. Dear God get over it already folks, guards aren't worth the money and he is gone now. Time to deal with it an move on.

This!

Everyone please stop with this Levitre was worth starting LT money.

I completely understand the concept of not "overpaying" for a guard. What I don't understand are comments from people who think good/exceptional guards are easily replaceable and/or not critical. I disagree completely. And when you are in position like the Bills (committing themselves to starting a rookie - either this year or next), you better damn well make sure your OL is solid! Every position up front is critical and important, PARTICULARLY when you're turning your offense over to a rookie! I'll get over the loss of Levitre soon enough, but Nix-Whaley better work on the OL BIGTIME! As I see it, right now, the Bills OL is below average. What's the point of drafting a "franchise QB" if he's just going to get killed, have his confidence destroyed and not be able to develop (which is exactly what happens every time teams throw rookie QBs in the lineup with no protection upfront!)

I think McCarron will be joined by Bridgewater, and Manziel in the Top 10 of 2014...Assuming they all come out of course... B-)

McCarron isn't a top pick in the draft. He's another McElroy from where I sit. A mid-late round guy. He has no special

physical characteristic. He's not big, exceptionally mobile or have a big arm. There's no "it" to him. Could change this

season, but right now, he's a good college QB who plays for a historically good program. That's why he'll get any

mention of being a top QB.

Bridgewater, yeah. Manziel? He has "it." Russell Wilson might be the best thing to happen for Manziel. Top 10. I don't

know. He's awfully slight...

McCarron isn't a top pick in the draft. He's another McElroy from where I sit. A mid-late round guy. He has no special

physical characteristic. He's not big, exceptionally mobile or have a big arm. There's no "it" to him. Could change this

season, but right now, he's a good college QB who plays for a historically good program. That's why he'll get any

mention of being a top QB.

Bridgewater, yeah. Manziel? He has "it." Russell Wilson might be the best thing to happen for Manziel. Top 10. I don't

know. He's awfully slight...

disagree 100 % about McCarron. he needs better touch on the screen passes but is extremely accurate on the medium to long ball. He showed time and again, esp. against the Irish that he can lay the ball nicely in the recieivers hands at a good distance. McElroy was never that good... or close to as good as Mc Carron. Second round at the very latest but more likely Top 15. Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

disagree 100 % about McCarron. he needs better touch on the screen passes but is extremely accurate on the medium to long ball. He showed time and again, esp. against the Irish that he can lay the ball nicely in the recieivers hands at a good distance. McElroy was never that good... or close to as good as Mc Carron. Second round at the very latest but more likely Top 15.

1.) I doubt Manziel comes out.

2.) Purple Haze assesment is way off. But yes AJ has all of 2013 to prove he is a Top 10 NFL pick.

3.)Bridgewater looks good. Still has more to prove in 2013. If he proves it. I wouldn't mind him being the pick.

The good news is the Bills look like they will finally be bad enough to get a Top2 pick and there is a QB that may be worth it.

Only took 13 years of sucking to finally be bad enough to get better.