Steven Jackson - Bills need another RB

S. Jackon = blood.

F. Jackson = sweat.

Spiller = tears.

Sounds like STL will let him be had, but he wants to be with a contender.

I'd rather see him as a Bill than see him where I'm certain he'll end up otherwise: New England.

Edited by taC giB ehT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S. Jackon = blood.

F. Jackson = sweat.

Spiller = tears.

I'd rather see him as a Bill than see him where I'm certain he'll end up otherwise: New England.

Hard to say where he'll end up but Atlanta's been the most rumored destination for Steven Jackson.

He is?

Oh.

Thanks.

You're welcome. If you'd rather have 30-year-old Jackson than 24-year-old Ridley - who finished seventh in the NFL in rushing and third in rushing touchdowns - you're absolutely lost. Be my guest if you want to keep living in the past, though.

You're welcome. If you'd rather have 30-year-old Jackson than 24-year-old Ridley - who finished seventh in the NFL in rushing and third in rushing touchdowns - you're absolutely lost. Be my guest if you want to keep living in the past, though.

I was more thinking of how Jackson plays like Adrian Peterson, never giving up on even one single play even though he's been on horrible teams his entire career. Never complaining, just playing hard all the time.

Then I think of Ridley getting hit and fumbling the ball in the AFC Championship game loss to the Ravens.

I was more thinking of how Jackson plays like Adrian Peterson, never giving up on even one single play even though he's been on horrible teams his entire career. Never complaining, just playing hard all the time.

Then I think of Ridley getting hit and fumbling the ball in the AFC Championship game loss to the Ravens.

i forgot that Ridley play but I was going to say the same thing about Jackson. Dude is a beast. Shows no signs or little signs of slowing down. Only signs he's got is the fact that he plays on horrible teams. He's also 29, not OVER 30. He will finish his career probably in the HOF, and probably respected in a similar light to Curtis Martin. Nothing spectacular over the course of his career but extremely solid, dependable, and consistant.

I also have met him multiple times and can vouch for his character. I also have an official NFL ball signed by him and want to see it worth some cash.

Does New England have more roster spots than other teams?

It seems most think every FA goes there.

If Jackson going to NE means keeping the ball out of Brady's hands, I'm all in.

i forgot that Ridley play but I was going to say the same thing about Jackson. Dude is a beast. Shows no signs or little signs of slowing down. Only signs he's got is the fact that he plays on horrible teams. He's also 29, not OVER 30. He will finish his career probably in the HOF, and probably respected in a similar light to Curtis Martin. Nothing spectacular over the course of his career but extremely solid, dependable, and consistant.

I also have met him multiple times and can vouch for his character. I also have an official NFL ball signed by him and want to see it worth some cash.

Oh, you have met him, so you must be right. I'm sure you guys are best buddies. I'm sure he would recognize you if you somehow ran into him again. Let's defer to this guy on any future Stephen Jackson conversation-he met him.

S. Jackon = blood.

F. Jackson = sweat.

Spiller = tears.

yes, I'm sure every aging star in the league wants to finish his career in Buffalo. Certainly the best place to finally get that shot at a championship.

This is silly.

Jackson turned down $7 million from St. Louis because they had told him he'd have a diminished role. He wants to be the feature back. That ain't happening here.

Why would we spend limited $$ on an aging 3rd running back who wants to start?

Close this thread.

Oh, you have met him, so you must be right. I'm sure you guys are best buddies. I'm sure he would recognize you if you somehow ran into him again. Let's defer to this guy on any future Stephen Jackson conversation-he met him.

yes, I'm sure every aging star in the league wants to finish his career in Buffalo. Certainly the best place to finally get that shot at a championship.

Serious question:

Are you always a negative, insulting a-hole or only when you post on this site?

You love to criticize other's posts in a sarcastic manner but you never have anything of value to add. Ever.

You're arguably the worst POS on this board.

If you're so damned knowledgeable about football how about sharing some of your brilliant insights instead of spending 100% of your time cutting down other posters and mocking everything that the Bills do?

Serious question:

Are you always a negative, insulting a-hole or only when you post on this site?

You love to criticize other's posts in a sarcastic manner but you never have anything of value to add. Ever.

You're arguably the worst POS on this board.

If you're so damned knowledgeable about football how about sharing some of your brilliant insights instead of spending 100% of your time cutting down other posters and mocking everything that the Bills do?

+1

I blocked him a long time ago

Great player. A warrior. But it's the LAST place Buffalo would spend their money. And there really is no reason he would want to come here. Having more to do with who is already here at RB.....Can we sign Levitre instead?

This is silly.

Jackson turned down $7 million from St. Louis because they had told him he'd have a diminished role. He wants to be the feature back. That ain't happening here.

Close this thread.

just came here to say this exact thing

This is silly.

Close this thread.

Exactly, another thread wanting to sign some other teams cuts.

Jackson will continue to be solid like Bettis, Faulk and Martin were. The guy will play with all his heart and get next to no respect. Id take him over Ridley any day. Jackson has shown he can success on any team. Ridley has shown he can succeed when Brady ia the QB.

I'd love him here. Would take the emphasis off the QB while waiting for next years draft (and I think T. Jax would be good with 15 attempts per game) and we could wear down defenses, rest ours set Spiller free, and throw the occasional "gotcha" deep ball.

All of that said, he ends up in ATL or PIT for sure.

Stephen Jackson in the right situation is still quite valuable. I don't understand comparing him to AP in a positive sense just to knock Ridley for a fumble in the Championship game. If you follow that train of thought to conclusion then how do you judge AP's atrocious fumbles in the Vikings Championship game a few years back with Favre. In that light Ridley's CG performance should not be a paraphrase of his current and future value either.