8 You'd like at 8

Whaley said recently that when picking at 8 you list your top 8 guys you'd be happy with & then just sit back on draft day & peel off the names until you pick. Who makes your 8?

Mine (in order):

1. Matt Barkley - he's my top QB which IMO is the only position where you should reach.

2. G. Smith - See above

3. Bjoern Werner - Can rush the passer & set the edge. Playing opposite Mario, he'd make our front 4 what it was supposed to be last year - dominant.

4. Luke Joeckel - OT's not a great need, but if he's there at 8 that's too much value to pass on.

5. Jarvis Jones - Great talent, brings versatility that suits Pettine's hybrid, fills need at OLB, and in a passing league you can't have too many pass rushers. Would be my top non-QB pick if not for his neck.

6. Dee Milliner - Another value pick. Would prefer to address other positions, but elite talent is hard to pass up. Milliner opposite Gilmore gives Pettine a lot of freedom to attack.

7. Eric Fisher - Same rationale as Joeckel.

8. Chance Warmack - I know it's not a position of need (esp if Levitre resigns) & OG doesn't normally go this high, but this guy is special. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone more dominant at their position. And quite honestly, I'm just not sold on any other non-DTs as worthy of the pick.

1. C. Barkley - QB, USC; 2. T. Williams - WR, Baylor; 3. K. Greene - OLB, Rutgers; 4. N. Johnson - ILB, AL; 5. L. Pryor - FB, FSU; 6. D. Hopkins - K, FSU; 7. T. Jackson - QB, Sea. Alternates: 3. P. Escobar - TE, SDSU; 4. M. Lattimore - RB, SC.

-Rob's house

I see you have Charles Barkley and Pablo Escobar in you mock....

Are we drafting for DUI's, or drug busts?

Edited by #34fan

1. C. Barkley - QB, USC; 2. T. Williams - WR, Baylor; 3. K. Greene - OLB, Rutgers; 4. N. Johnson - ILB, AL; 5. L. Pryor - FB, FSU; 6. D. Hopkins - K, FSU; 7. T. Jackson - QB, Sea. Alternates: 3. P. Escobar - TE, SDSU; 4. M. Lattimore - RB, SC.

-Rob's house

I see you have Charles Barkley and Pablo Escobar in you mock....

Are we drafting for DUI's, or drug busts?

I'm all about drafting high character guys, but how far has that gotten us?

I'm all about drafting high character guys, but how far has that gotten us?

Point taken.

Got to see a couple SDSU games... Escobar is definitely interesting. Wouldn't pass on Kelce tho if he was still there.

Geno Smith

Chance Warmack

Dion Jordan

Jarvis Jones

Dee Milliner

C. Patterson

The OT's didn't make my list because I feel they will be all gone before BLo's pick

I made it 6. If they pick anybody but these players I will not be happy.

Thats the whole point of the exercise though, you list players in order of preference without considering the likelyhood of them being actually being there. Since you have eight, you are guaranteed to at least get the last player on your list.

Mine:

Joeckel

Fisher

Geno

Jones

Milliner

Jordan

Werner

Patterson

Edited by SoFFacet

Matt Barkley

Geno Smith

Luke Joeckel

Eric Fisher

Dion Jordan

Ziggy Ansah

Dee Milliner

Jarvis Jones

I like Cooper and Warmack too but there's no way we should take a guard at #8.

In order of preference.

1. Dion Jordan, LB out of Oregon

2. Geno Smith, QB out of West Virginia

3. Eric Fisher, OT out of Central Michigan

4. Jarvis Jones, LB out of Georgia

5. Dee Milliner, CB out of Alabama

6. Barkevious Mingo, LB out LSU

7. Cordarelle Patterson, WR out of Tennessee

8. Chance Warmack, OG out of Alabama

Joeckel

Fisher

L.Johnson

Jarvis Jones

Dion Jordan

Patterson

Milliner

Geno Smith

gap between the top and bottom 4 intentional, especially if we lose Levitre. just don't think any QB's are remotely worth 8th pick but i had to come up with an 8th so i went with the top one (no interest in Barkley). maybe Warmack if we Andy and the tackles are gone.

Corrderrelle Patterson- My number one guy

Dion Jordan- will probably be gone but if not...

Eric Fisher- Same goes for him

Dee Milliner- Corner is not what we as fans what to see but let's not act like we don't need another

Geno Smith- Not a fan but if he is truly the best QB on the board

Alec Ogletree- would be a reach but I think his talent outweighs his off the field riskiness

Chance Warmack- Don't see the point of letting Levitre go just to replace him in the draft but Warmack is pretty darn good.

Ziggy Ansah- Could be the next Aldon Smith.

Ziggy Ansah and Dion Jordan are my top 2 talents for Buffalo - I know, the DT's and OL-men in this draft are extraordinary, but Buffalo is pretty set there, so these 2 are atop my list, because I think both will be amazing pro-bowlers for a long time, and both would give Buffalo the kind of versatility on defense to be dangerous.

Ogletree and Milliner are my next 2 - they both are talented, and the drop off after the top guys at their respective positions is pretty noticeable.

Barkley and Smith are the best 2 QB's on the board, and Buffalo needs a QB, although, like WR, I think they could get a good starter in round 2.

Warmack and any one of the top 3 LT's would be on my list, too - because, if they're that good, you don't regret having amazing O-line play - it benefits the RB's, QB's, and WR's.

Geno Smith

Corrderrelle Patterson

Jarvis Jones

Alec Ogletree

Chance Warmack

Dee Milliner

Matt Barkley

Manti Te'o <----- Thats right. I said it

I'm not sold on Dion Jordan. I know he is not like Maybin but I always hear the word "tweener" used to describe him. Lacks the ideal weight you would want a DE to have,

I think offense has to be addressed with the #8 pick. I would be happy with QB or WR. The only exception for me would be if Jarvis Jones fell to us. We need all the help we can get at LB and if he falls to #8, I would not be upset if the Bills call his name.

Besides LB, I wouldnt mind Dee Milliner purely because of his skills and potential.

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

Ziggy Ansah and Dion Jordan are my top 2 talents for Buffalo - I know, the DT's and OL-men in this draft are extraordinary, but Buffalo is pretty set there, so these 2 are atop my list, because I think both will be amazing pro-bowlers for a long time, and both would give Buffalo the kind of versatility on defense to be dangerous.

Ogletree and Milliner are my next 2 - they both are talented, and the drop off after the top guys at their respective positions is pretty noticeable.

Barkley and Smith are the best 2 QB's on the board, and Buffalo needs a QB, although, like WR, I think they could get a good starter in round 2.

Warmack and any one of the top 3 LT's would be on my list, too - because, if they're that good, you don't regret having amazing O-line play - it benefits the RB's, QB's, and WR's.

Why not Jarvis Jones? Seems a surer bet to help, especially sooner, than Jordan who needs surger and Ansah who is raw,

Bills are sitting pretty at #8.......Mel Kipers Top Ten (updated 3/6/13).....#1- Sharrif Floyd , #2- Dee Milliner, #3-Eric Fisher, #4- Luke Joeckel, #5- Jarvis Jones, #6-Dion Jordan, #7- Barkevious Mingo, #8- Jonathan Cooper, #9- Chance Warmack, #10- Lane Johnson........his Big Board only goes to #25 and has zero QB's......

Geno Smith

Corrderrelle Patterson

Jarvis Jones

Alec Ogletree

Chance Warmack

Dee Milliner

Matt Barkley

Manti Te'o <----- Thats right. I said it

I'm not sold on Dion Jordan. I know he is not like Maybin but I always hear the word "tweener" used to describe him. Lacks the ideal weight you would want a DE to have,

I think offense has to be addressed with the #8 pick. I would be happy with QB or WR. The only exception for me would be if Jarvis Jones fell to us. We need all the help we can get at LB and if he falls to #8, I would not be upset if the Bills call his name.

Besides LB, I wouldnt mind Dee Milliner purely because of his skills and potential.

CBF

Dion Jordan would be more of a OLB though, not a DE... at least early on. But still he's 249 and can put on more weight eventually i think since he's so tall. Still prefer Jarvis Jones though.. less of a projection.