Let's talk about Leodis

A lot of people are down on McKelvin because he sucked his first couple of years at DB. He is 27 and undoubtably has been a slow learner. That and being black means many on this board hate him. However, he made strides last year and is where he should have been after his first or second year. His return game is about the best in the league. If we resign him he is going to get a new coach this year in an agressive offense. I think he is worth the risk to resign to a new three year deal and that a new coaching staff could bring out the best in him.

A lot of people are down on McKelvin because he sucked his first couple of years at DB. He is 27 and undoubtably has been a slow learner. That and being black means many on this board hate him....

I found it difficult to read past this sentence. You realize that raising the concept of racism on the board will likely totally detract from any discussion you might have wanted to have about McKelvin's abilities etc?

"Being Black"...really...you are the EXACT reason why racial ignorance still remains in our society! The color of any man's skin is only a factory to those who choose to see color in any sense of the word! Wow......talk about living in the past!

Really bothered me too

I do think McLovin should be resigned and I hope he does soon.

Me too. In doing all of those drafting studies, I saw a lot of players like McKelvin who seemed to be slow developers move teams, and then have 4+ years of solid work. Though I'm not saying I believe that this will necessarily happen....his development last year combined with his return ability have me thinking it a wise gamble to bring him back.

Edited by Dibs

Me too. In doing all of those drafting studies, I saw a lot of players like McKelvin who seemed to be slow developers move teams, and then have 4+ years of solid work. Though I'm not saying I believe that this will necessarily happen....his development last year combined with his return ability have me thinking it a wise gamble to bring him back.

He needs to improve his ball skills but other than that hes a good player. With a glut of CBs in FA I wouldnt be shocked if we went a different direction, but I hope we bring him back too

A lot of people are down on McKelvin because he sucked his first couple of years at DB. He is 27 and undoubtably has been a slow learner. That and being black means many on this board hate him. However, he made strides last year and is where he should have been after his first or second year. His return game is about the best in the league. If we resign him he is going to get a new coach this year in an agressive offense. I think he is worth the risk to resign to a new three year deal and that a new coaching staff could bring out the best in him.

Got to there & stopped reading because it became immediately & abundantly clear that you have little, if anything, of value to offer. If you stopped posting it would be addition by subtraction. I doubt anyone would miss you.

Are you saying we never had a white slow learner?

Would you call RG3 a slow learner too because after all he is Black also.

:sick:

My only comment is it bugs me when someone mentions that a player is "well spoken".

As far as football, he is clearly a great athlete who should excel as a press corner. If they don't resign him, that would be 2 more high picks in their prime playing on other teams.

It's maddening.