Nix Nixing Nix - are we in full rebuilding mode?

So, 2-14 is on its way?

As to the OP: it sure does look like the roster that Russ Brandon said was "unquestionably more talented" is getting a good gutting.

Yes it is possible this year to go 2 - 14. This is a complete disaster by Buddy Nix. This is the year we should be taking off but we are gutting the team and rebuilding again. Get Nix out of here. Why is he even involved with this draft to f--- it up one more time?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, clearly...the retention of guys like Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Erik Pears, Scott Chandler, etc. in the last 2 off-seasons means nothing...several posters have made this quite clear.

Technically, either a team is the defending Superbowl champion, or they're building to get there. If you didn't win the Superbowl, then you're not done building, are you?

So, yes, we're "re-building"...along with 30 other teams.

That's some seriously over the top over-generalization there...Surely you realize the difference between franchises like say Seattle, or even a team like Cincy, and the Bills right? Buddy the butcher has taken opportunity after opportunity and bludgeoned them almost every chance he has had...Especially in the Draft...Sure the Bills have re-signed some of their key Vets...But those Vets need a lot of help, and Nix has provided almost none... B-)

Yes it is possible this year to go 2 - 14. This is a complete disaster by Buddy Nix. This is the year we should be taking off but we are gutting the team and rebuilding again. Get Nix out of here. Why is he even involved with this draft to f--- it up one more time?

Well, if the rookie QB looks like this guy:

deer-headlights.jpg

then 2-14 is not at all unlikely.

Not to speak ill of the dead but Butler started this problem. He kept aging vets too long, put the team in salary cap hell, had bad drafts and made stupid trades.

Totally disagree it wasn't salary cap hell that ruined this team but the overreaction to cap hell- unless you have a top 3 QB the model is 3 years of taking your shot followed by 3 years of rebulding

This is a peculiar thread. The players that Nix has let go are lousy as of today. How good they were a year or two ago is irrelevant. I also don't understand the reference to these players as being core players. That may have been a TBD interpretation of reality for some, but the fact that they are no longer with the team speaks to how the front office truly views these guys. Nelson may be tall, but he plays rather small. Jones is a guy that will always be close to make a big play when it counts, but doesn't. Wilson is done. Barnet is done. Kelsay is retired. As for Levitre, no one wants to see this guy go. But how much money do you give a G when C is up next year, and depending on the play of Glenn, LT may be on the table the year after. As for Fitz, he will likely get cut sooner than later. Nix truly purged the lineup when he came in, to believe that is happening now doesn't seem to quite add up. The players that are currently gone have already played their best football.

I find it somewhat amazing that this offseason has seen the departure (and likely departure) - orchestrated by Nix - of much of the "nucleus" that Nix himself constructed.

Consider that the following players are gone, or likely to be gone: Fitzpatrick, Jones, Nelson, Levitre, Barnett, Meriman, Kelsay, Wilson.

Nearly all of those players were acquired and/or signed by Buddy Nix within the past few years. All of them were considered part of the "core" heading into the 2012 season.

And now Buddy Nix is orchestrating their departures.

It seems to me we might be in full-on rebuilding mode. What I find odd is that the GM overseeing the rebuilding is the same GM who built the foundation in the first place, and relatively recently. Seems somewhat anomalous for an NFL team to be doing that type of thing.

So my question is, are we in fact rebuilding? If so, are we comfortable with Nix as the architect? Personally, I have my doubts about Nix, but I wouldn't mind it if the Bills were to finally "bottom out" this year and become eligible for either Clowney or Manziel. I just don't want to hear their marketing garbage about how it's playoffs or bust this season. There are so many holes on this roster (most of them self-created) that I have trouble envisioning a successful season, absent a grand slam draft and free agency period.

Rebuilding Mode. You Bet!!!

Roster Breakdown

QB - None that you can win with

RB - Position of Strength

FB - ?? Depends on the offense, usually good to have a hard hitter on Special Teams

WR - Stevie Johnson, Who else ya got that's good???

TE - Injured Chandler? Really breads fear in DCs around the league

LT - Glenn - - Set, hopefully no Sophomore slump

LG - ???

C - Oft Injured Wood

RG - Ubrik?

RT - Ya Need one!

Some offense there, Yeah we're definitely rebuilding in Offense

Defense is unknown. Not sure if they're 3-4 or 4-3

But They need a whole LB corp, they got none you can win with

You need atleast 2 CBs

You need 2 Safetys

Yeah I'd say we're in full rebuilding Mode!!

Whoever is the QB scout for this team is really the problem. Nix has had some decent picks in the draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds (where you need to get people that will start). Spiller, Dearus and Gillmore are all starters, at least two will or should make a pro bowl during their carrear. Last year he got Glenn in the 2nd round, and if the QB scout and/or nix took Wilson instead of TJ Grahm last years draft would have been an A+++++.

Who are we kidding? This team is going to be once-in-a-lifetime horrific! :death:

Just start all rookies by week 6..... after week 6, the last 10 games will be one large training camp. :wallbash:

I thought they should have done this last year when the season was over. Bench Fitz, let TJ and the rookies play. At least see what they can do.

Beats me how he has a job. Most places have some accountability standard and one would think won-loss might be a good start. Nix has not improved the team at all in the time he has been here.

What does it say about Brandon keeping Nix when looking at how this team is in worse shape then when he started.

Remember the line from the bumpkin in 2010 just after he came out of retirement as head scout and took the GM job..."your going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away" Yea, that was right before the 0-8 start to the 2010 season that saw 4-12. He also stated he wasn't "the smartest guy in the room" to a bunch of media types, and he was right! The line when free agency opened in 2010 "I'm going to get some sleep", then signed RT Cornell Green. Wow, reminds me of Hank Bullough and his stoopid speak.

My god, the warning signs of a blithering idiot in charge have been going crazy for 3 years and Nix is still with the Bills. I'm thinking a lot of the Bills bad drafts might have more to do with Nix's poor scouting then anything else. I don't trust Russ Brandon or Doug Whaley either considering they are right there and saying nothing.

How long can this crap of an org keep going, why are fans still buying season tickets? As lame as this franchise is...the fans...

http://www.huliq.com/3257/90070/buffalo-bills-choose-buddy-nix-new-gm

Edited by FeartheLosing

Every team is rebuilding. Even the best teams in the league turn over half of their roster every 3 years.

I wanted to respond your post ABB because it was a statement of pure fact; and as it leads to no opportunity to flame whomever people feel like flaming here, no one will respond to it.

The problem is the Bills have just enough talent to win 6 games. That's not bottom. The Bills need to cleave all current QBs and bring in 3 different ones. The draft. FA. I don't care. I would rather see someone else throw interceptions and actually bottom out.

The defense? If you are SF or Seattle, name 1 player on the Bills defense you would take over who you have. There may be one, but you have to think hard, don't you....

Yeah, the Bills need more of a hip replacement than a wart removal.

It's a funny thing...bad teams go from bad to good when they find a QB.

Do that, and many of you will be amazed at how quickly things can turn around.

Yep...but the guy might not be there for us this year. But you have to try.

Edited by JPS

The problem is the Bills have just enough talent to win 6 games. That's not bottom. The Bills need to cleave all current QBs and bring in 3 different ones. The draft. FA. I don't care. I would rather see someone else throw interceptions and actually bottom out.

The defense? If you are SF or Seattle, name 1 player on the Bills defense you would talk over who you have. There may be one, but you have to think hard, don't you....

Yeah, the Bills need more of a hip replacement than a wart removal.

Yep...but the guy might not be there for us this year. But you have to try.

Not really...I would wager that you both teams would take Mario Williams over either Ahmad Brooks or Red Bryant, Kyle Williams over Isaac Sopoaga or Alan Branch, and Jairus Byrd over Earl Thomas...the only real debate would be Byrd vs. Goldson.

Nevertheless, they do need more high-level talent on both sides of the ball...that much isn't up for debate.

Whoever is the QB scout for this team is really the problem. Nix has had some decent picks in the draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds (where you need to get people that will start).

You do realize two of his three 2nd Round picks were Torell Troup and Aaron Williams right? B-)