Northern Iowa WR runs reported 4.19 40 at his pro day

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/05/nfl-northern-iowa-terrell-sinkfield-fastest-40/1964593/

If the stopwatches at Monday's University of Minnesota pro day were accurate, the NFL might have a new fastest man next season. Northern Iowa wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield reportedly ran a 4.19 40-yard-dash on his second try at the sprint, a time that would have surpassed Chris Johnson's NFL combine record 4.24 in 2008.

Anybody know about this guy?

Unlikely.

Probably more like 4.3 or so, someone stopped the watch too soon...

And maybe the timekeeper knows how to use a stopwatch. After all I am sure this is not the first time he is using a stopwatch.

What makes you such an expert? Are u an official timekeeper?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/05/nfl-northern-iowa-terrell-sinkfield-fastest-40/1964593/

If the stopwatches at Monday's University of Minnesota pro day were accurate, the NFL might have a new fastest man next season. Northern Iowa wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield reportedly ran a 4.19 40-yard-dash on his second try at the sprint, a time that would have surpassed Chris Johnson's NFL combine record 4.24 in 2008.

Anybody know about this guy?

I know it likely was comparing a fast pro day track timed by hand to Chris Johnson's laser timed combine run which isn't apples to apples, in all likelihood.

And maybe the timekeeper knows how to use a stopwatch. After all I am sure this is not the first time he is using a stopwatch.

What makes you such an expert? Are u an official timekeeper?

actually PFT had an update article that said it was more like a 4.3...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/terrell-sinkfields-4-19-second-40-yard-dash-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test/

"Fortunately, we don’t only have to rely on this one dubious stopwatch for Sinkfield’s 40 time. Scott Studwell, the Vikings’ director of college scouting, was also timing Sinkfield and told the Pioneer Press that Sinkfield is fast, but he didn’t break 4.3 seconds in any of his three 40-yard dash attempts.

He ran in the high 4.3s. He can run. He ran fast. He tested well,” Studwell said."

in hindsight having his mom fill in at timekeeper might not have been the greatest idea

:lol: Maybe Buddy trades back into the first round to get this guy while passing on any QB in the 2nd round. Worked well last year with TJ Graham. :rolleyes:

do they really still use stopwatches at these things? cant the nfl afford some fancy electronic timing thingy to make sure there isnt like an oh idk three tens of a second human error swing factor

might as well have fred flintstone be the timekeeper and use his sundial watch

I wish they would make these guys run in their pads and helmets. It would probably be a different story.

It always make me think about Jerry Rice.

i can not tell you how many times i watched, and i am sure many of you did too, as he pulled away from DB's on the field.

Jerry ran a 4.71 reportedly. Just goes to show you the 40 means something, but not everything.