Where is Larry Felser?

Dave in VA

Please, no comments that he's a gas-bag, I was simply wondering where he is these days. His last column on the Empire Sports website is ancient (maybe having to do with Empire's financial situation), the BuffNews site says there aren't any columns by him, so.............where IS he? Has he moved to another website, or has he retired?

Thanks.

Even when he was writing his column every sunday for the News, none of his columns ever were archived on the BUFNEWS website.

197366[/snapback]

You won't find many football writers with more experience than Felser. He was shot down a lot on this board, but I have enjoyed his articles since I was a kid.

AMEN!

'It's one of those opinionated days...'

'Some thoughts collected while wondering what ever happend to..'

Great stuff!

:P

197382[/snapback]

Was Ruben Brown's absence from the game due to his being arrested for dealing cocaine?

:P

Larry gets trashed here a lot, but he is a wealth of information on the Bills & the AFL going back to the 60's.  He's one guy I'd like to have dinner with.  The stories he could tell.

197421[/snapback]

He's a great historian, I'll grant you that. But he's done as a "journalist." (See my post above, a question asked by him at a press conference after the Patriots debacle last year...he's probably not allowed within 5 miles of the Ralph any more).

He's a great historian, I'll grant you that.  But he's done as a "journalist."  (See my post above, a question asked by him at a press conference after the Patriots debacle last year...he's probably not allowed within 5 miles of the Ralph any more).

197441[/snapback]

I never heard about this...how did you?

He's a great historian, I'll grant you that.  But he's done as a "journalist."  (See my post above, a question asked by him at a press conference after the Patriots debacle last year...he's probably not allowed within 5 miles of the Ralph any more).

197441[/snapback]

You wouldn't know it these days, but there is a difference between being a journalist and being a columnist. :P

And while I thought he had gone off the deep end and pretty much stopped reading his column in the late 90's, for the most part, he was right.

My mom is good friends with Larry's wife. Larry is retired. You may see an ocassional column, but not with any regularity -- if he's doing any at all.

I believe he did have some health problems in the last 18 months, too, IIRC

Felser has been on WHAM Tuesday nights with Bob Matthews, along with the other "Bills Gang" members. He was on this Tuesday. Since the season is over it may have been their last. It's not just Felser on the Empire site, they haven't changed the columns since the Bengals game. Felser can also be seen in Sunday's Buffalo News.