TBD Vote: OT

Numark

TBD Vote: OT  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you currently rate our starting LT Situation?

2. 2. How do you currently rate our starting RT Situation?

3. 3. How do you currently rate our depth at OT?

So let's do something a little fun gang. I'm going to create a topic (every day or so) for each position until free agency. As a community we can rate how well off we feel the Bills are at the position. Then we can do this after free agency, and then we can do this after the draft. This way we can see where our holes really are at, what we need to address, and to see if the bills address these needs. Please be rational/honest with your voting. Also please post as well as vote, that way we can say I told you so in a few months!

Current Situation

Please feel free to correct me if you feel I have made a mistake here. This is based on what I believe would be the starters/backups if the season started today.

Starting LT: Cordy Glenn

Starting RT: Chris Hairston

Depth: Erik Pears, Sam Young, Thomas Welch, Zebrie Sanders, Chris Scott

Previous Polls (Please vote in these polls if you have not done so already, they are still open! No need to post in them but vote away): QB | RB | WR | TE

A fully healthy Pears is an above average RT. Hairston is strictly average. If the 2011 Pears is back, we'll be very solid at OT overall.

I agree with this. But I think Hairston is above average depth.

And at this point, I think Cordy Glenn is just average. He really looked below average, but showed some promise. and since it was only his first year, I would just say that the potential he has would make me say average right now. I need to see another season of him before I make a better answer.

But I expect a healthy pears to be much better like he was in 2011.

A fully healthy Pears is an above average RT. Hairston is strictly average. If the 2011 Pears is back, we'll be very solid at OT overall.

I think with a little more seasoning Hairston could be considerably better, and more well rounded, than Pears...I'm interested in seeing what Maronne can get out of Hairston, who I think still has decent upside...I really believe Hairston could be at least a Top 15 RT in the NFL...He's still young...And he's a big dude...

I could be 100% wrong...We'll see... B-)

Funny how we could grab a really talented OT at 8 (e.g., Lane Johnson or Fisher) but we don't need one badly enough. Hope someone else does and we can cash in with a trade back. There is surely going to be one of the top three OTs there at 8--someone might bite, the drop is big. Warmack might be there too and someone might get hot for him.

Bleacher Report ranks the right tackles and has Hairston ranked well above Pears.

I think with a little more seasoning Hairston could be considerably better, and more well rounded, than Pears...I'm interested in seeing what Maronne can get out of Hairston, who I think still has decent upside...I really believe Hairston could be at least a Top 15 RT in the NFL...He's still young...And he's a big dude...

I could be 100% wrong...We'll see... B-)

Bleacher report ranks Hairston at 15 and Pears at 31 out of 35.

As far as the right tackle goes, it's like choosing a vehicle. If you had a Cadillac, but had a chance to get a Cadillac truck would you take it? Me, I'd take the Cadillac truck and keep the Cadillac in the garage in case the truck breaks down.

Glenn is a very talented player, but his play dropped off after the first few weeks. He had an average season at LT, but I think he will be a top player in the next few years. Pears isn't very good.

Glenn is average on the brink of above average. While Glenn and Hairston provide strong RT candidates. Overlooked is the fact that most teams do not have 1 good backup for other OT. We have a starting caliber backup with Pears and average talent with Sanders and the lot.

Glenn is average on the brink of above average. While Glenn and Hairston provide strong RT candidates. Overlooked is the fact that most teams do not have 1 good backup for other OT. We have a starting caliber backup with Pears and average talent with Sanders and the lot.

It's unclear what kind of a player Sanders is at this point.

It's unclear what kind of a player Sanders is at this point.

It may be, but how many teams are carrying a guy with the same experience as Sanders? Young, Sanders, and Scott are average backups in this league.

Look at how Phili fell apart once their star LT went down and their promising new guy came in and stunk?. (Who was that again?)

Edited by jboyst62