Shamarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse

Dr. Trooth

The kid had the fastest time of the safeties, but faceplanted at the end (see link to video below). Except for his height, all of his numbers were top shelf. 5'8 7/8" 213 lbs, 28 reps @225, 40.5 bench press, 11' broad jump. kid led cuse with 85 tackles. He reminds me of Bob Sanders of the Colts a few years back. Except for his height, he is a Pettine type of safety.

http://www.thebiglea...rce=top-modules

Saw it live and it was pretty epic. Good looking player though, too bad he will probably be picked in the 2-4 round and thats too high for us to take a safety, I think (hope), but with this team's track record I guess you never know

Who wins between Shamarko and last year Vick Ballard? Shamarko with a much more epic fall but Ballard took out a camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhzmmh5KNPc

Edited by FluffHead

It doesn't always work out that incoming college coach overdrafts a guy he is familiar with:

Jim Harbaugh drafts CB Chris Culliver in 3rd round well ahead of Richard Sherman a guy he coached at Stanford goes in the 5th round.

Yeah. Not that Culliver is bad, but I bet he wishes he went the other way.

He's from Cuse? And we just let go of a Safety and might live another? Mark it down in blood, hell be a Bill. Probably a round earlier than we should have picked him.

I agree, but Mayock called him a "poor man's Bob Sanders". I don't know what to do with that.

I agree, but Mayock called him a "poor man's Bob Sanders". I don't know what to do with that.

poor because he's injured as much or poor becauae he's slightly below him in talent? Ill take the talent anyway. Bob Sanders was a monster when he was healthy.

This guy would be a great get depending on whether we can address the safety position in free agency. He has the makings of a Pettine safety. Can support the run, etc. With him and Byrd we would have two top safeties, we can add another corner in FA (Lewis from PIT?) and add Magnus Hunt from SMU to provide a DE opposite Mario. While their may not be a consensus top QB this draft, at least there appears to be a lot of value to fill the other holes we have.

poor because he's injured as much or poor becauae he's slightly below him in talent? Ill take the talent anyway. Bob Sanders was a monster when he was healthy.

Definitely poor man's Sanders in term of talent. Bob Sanders had a known foot problem entering the draft. Most teams, according to Polian, had him off their board. But he loved him and their doc thought they could do something with him.

Shemarko is a physical specimen with no known health issues other than a scraped nose and bruised ego.

Definitely poor man's Sanders in term of talent. Bob Sanders had a known foot problem entering the draft. Most teams, according to Polian, had him off their board. But he loved him and their doc thought they could do something with him.

Shemarko is a physical specimen with no known health issues other than a scraped nose and bruised ego.

ive never seen this guy play but I'm all about him from what I've heard and the fact that Marrone knows him. I personally think he will be drafted by us unless he's stolen earlier than we pick. Or unless Williamseeting with the coaching staff shows them that he can play safety.

The kid had the fastest time of the safeties, but faceplanted at the end (see link to video below). Except for his height, all of his numbers were top shelf. 5'8 7/8" 213 lbs, 28 reps @225, 40.5 bench press, 11' broad jump. kid led cuse with 85 tackles. He reminds me of Bob Sanders of the Colts a few years back. Except for his height, he is a Pettine type of safety.

More like Blaine Bishop,just to quibble needlessly.

build like that at least he´ll be a human bowling ball on special teams :D

what do the people think that saw him play? must be someone on here

I'm not the biggest SU fan, but I definitely liked Shamarko a lot. No one is going to be happy with the comparison I'm about to make, but here it is: He reminds me of Donte Whitner, except a little bigger and a better athlete. Very good in run support, physical, big hitter, makes a lot of tackles, didn't really make many big plays at SU. For a guy who was probably the best athlete on the field in most games (or close to it -- I wasn't surprised by his sick combine numbers), I think a lot of us expected more in terms of interceptions, forced fumbles, sacks on blitzes, etc. He only finished with 2 career INTs, both this past year.

I wouldn't call Shamarko a disappointment, because he was a good player, and I don't remember him blowing all kinds of coverages or getting run over like Whitner, but his upside at SU was higher than his production turned out to be. Still, I'd absolutely draft him in the middle rounds. He's a good/smart safety and an elite NFL athlete for the position. I think he'll be a good player.

that dive helped him get that 40 time :D

if he is anything like Sanders we should be all over him (minus the injuries of course)