ESPN James Walker

TheLynchTrain

Does anyone actually read this clown? I think its a fair question.

Say what you want about Tim Graham, but when he was on the AFC East blog, I actually went to it. He had...you know, NEWS. I'd say at the time that the AFC East blog was my go-to source on Bills news. Now, I haven't even visited in probably a month in a half until today, when I saw the enlightening discussions about "Should the Patriots trade their first round pick?" and and "Jets Shopping Tebow?" Does every article have to be a question? And has this dolt even broken a story or had a scoop once since he took over? I doubt he's ever even stepped foot in Buffalo. I think Buffalo Rumblings writes more interesting outsourced and/or linked stories than him.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

James Walker=turrible. I don't even think he has a source in any of the AFC East offices. I would hope that he is being reviewed by the people at ESPN, though the whole "Insider" thing there essentially places anyone who can write an article available to the public and anyone who knows a lick within the paid "Inside" program.

It's not hatred per se, more disappointment. With such a built in audience as ESPN, he seems to be just wasting space. The other divisional blogs are all half decent and each bring something to the table in their own way. I just find it hard to believe he hasn't been replaced.

I also find it interesting that no one's really complained about him before on TBD. He must be just that far off the radar for the average bills fan.

Calling Walker a writer is an insult to hacks Everywhere. He excels in cut and pasting in space. That's when he "scoops" a story 3 days late.

He also owns a degree in journalism which makes one wonder if they just hand them out these days? I don't believe ESPN would even pay a writer like him. He probably gets NFL network and the Sunday red zone package as a perk in lieu of actual money. Tim Graham is missed in that blog.

Yes I read it. And nearly every time I am disappointed. He has written some good analysis before. But you have to wade through the relentless brief stories that offer no real info to get to them.

Worse, he's never broken anything that I'm aware of. Pretty poor coverage overall. The AFC East reporter should be considered an authority. He's more of a parrot, a parrot that parrots analysis that any serious fan would already know.

I don't know if it's him being lazy, him not having good connections or just the direction ESPN gives him. I haven't really checked out the other bloggers to figure that one out.

The AFC East reporter should be considered an authority. He's more of a parrot, a parrot that parrots analysis that any serious fan would already know.

You hit the nail on the head right there. I think I'd honestly trust something posted by Pat Moran or Brian Galliford before him.

i'm not a fan because even compared to the other divisional bloggers he seems uninterested in posting much. there is news from every team everyday. the guy doesn't post anything new unless everyone else and their cousin has. i do wish he would run some hypotheticals like some of the other bloggers do. tim graham was better at it, but i think its because he was more in touch with the various teams.

It's not hatred per se, more disappointment. With such a built in audience as ESPN, he seems to be just wasting space. The other divisional blogs are all half decent and each bring something to the table in their own way. I just find it hard to believe he hasn't been replaced.

I also find it interesting that no one's really complained about him before on TBD. He must be just that far off the radar for the average bills fan.

You know, there was a time, not long ago, where I used to read every single article linked on the front page of The Stadium Wall, and then search for more...on a daily basis....365 days a year...but the last couple of years, I have lost that kind of interest. When something actually happens (ie: Bills sign Mario Williams) I will read...but I learn more from reading threads here, than I do from most of the people who write about the Bills on a national level. And, not as a slam on our team, our ownership, but most of these national people spend so little time paying attention to the Bills, they simply apply basic (very basic) common NFL sense to their coverage of the BIlls, when we all know (as I am sure fans in other markets feel) that kind of common sense thinking rarely applies to our franchise...so most of the reading is just a complete waste of time.

As bad as ESPN is, I will say, if you root for one of the teams in the markets big enough to have an ESPN city link, you are in for a treat. I happen to be a Celtics fan...I love their Celtics coverage...it is constant, up to date, and the writers clearly know the team....but if I was say, a Cavs fan (or a Bills fan!), I am **** out of luck.

I think Walker's purpose is to give blurbs of the team's recent events for the casual fan who checks in to ESPN occassionally to get the new scoop. I don't think people that peruse Bills message boards on a daily basis are his target audience. I do agree, however, that despite the shortcomings of his personality, Tim Graham did a much better job.

Mediocrity personified.

He's an insult to football fans and to professional sports writers.

If I was highly under-talented like Walker is, I would at least try to make up for it by, you know, working hard?

In fact talent aside, there's never an excuse for being lazy.

It's just more disappointing when a person is untalented and is lazy.

James Walker = The poster boy for collecting a paycheck.

James Walker is a Bleacher Report blogger in disguise. Sorry.

What I don't get is the Buffalo Rumblings hate. Those guys don't pretend to be pros nor do they claim to be breaking any news. They do offer some pretty decent analysis and uncommon perspective. I go there frequently.

You are correct, using Buffalo Rumblings was a lazy reference there. My apologies to Brian G.

I guess what I should have said is that Walker's "blog" is probably on par with Buffalo Rumblings - which is horrible when you consider those guys are fans working on their own time versus a guy that gets paid with a built in audience like ESPN to fall back on. And BR, while not in the game of scoops/breaking news, actually provides analysis of what fans are actually discussing at a given time. Walker provides three paragraphs of regurgiated three day old crap.

Why is ESPN putting up with this crap? Has anyone ever seen Walker on tv? I seem to remember Tim on all the time.

Sucks, period.

His "Morning Take" posts are weak at best.

I couldn't wait to post about that. They were awful. "Tim Tebow blew his nose this morning.", "Bills hope Mario Williams helps them get more sacks", "Miami is warm".

I read him consistently when he was all over the Bills bandwagon, but I can't recall the last time I read one of his posts. Uninteresting and uninformative.

Does anyone actually read this clown? I think its a fair question.

Say what you want about Tim Graham, but when he was on the AFC East blog, I actually went to it. He had...you know, NEWS. I'd say at the time that the AFC East blog was my go-to source on Bills news. Now, I haven't even visited in probably a month in a half until today, when I saw the enlightening discussions about "Should the Patriots trade their first round pick?" and and "Jets Shopping Tebow?" Does every article have to be a question? And has this dolt even broken a story or had a scoop once since he took over? I doubt he's ever even stepped foot in Buffalo. I think Buffalo Rumblings writes more interesting outsourced and/or linked stories than him.

Tim Graham?

He who stated that he'd take Trend Edwards over Jay Cutler? :)