Dee Milliner to have surgery on shoulder (torn labrum) after combine

ny33

Well injuries that require surgery especially in the shoulder area is not good if your'e a cb that is trying to be a top 10 pick...especially if you wont be fully recovered until mid june as reported.....this can make him easily drop out of the top 10 ...into the mid of the first round......but who knows what gms will think of him on draft day

I could be wrong, frequently am, but I can't see this causing him to drop. If it was a problem with his legs that would be a different story.

I would like to know when the injury occurred though.

He's been slotted as high as the fifth pick (Detroit) in mock drafts. The earliest I can see him going now is 10, to Tennessee, but I think the Chargers grab him if a top OT isn't around. I'm pretty sure Geno will get snapped up by the Chiefs and we draft one of the following: Sharrif Floyd, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner, or Sheldon Richardson.

Sounds like he's opurs at ten. Perfect for Pettine's defense teamed with Gilmore.....

Not to worry. Even if he is hurt and the Bills don't draft him, it might not change much. In 2006, Whitner was taken at #8, and he was the second safety drafted. Just last season, they took Gilmore at 10, and he was actually the 3rd defensive back taken in round 1.

So you just might get your wish. It won't win us games, and will hurt the franchise yet again, but your prediction could come true.

you don't have all the trainers, rehab, recovery protocols these athletes have.

True, but he also doesn't run at full speed to put a shoulder into a charging running back either --or land fully extended on his side leaping to bat a ball down. I've had five shoulder surgeries and even after the first one, they are never the same once they've been cut.